“Executive Committee Planning Retreat”

Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
Ranked #7 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Five star service and accommodation in every respect. From the start when our staff inquired about the accommodation and services we required, through to the very prompt and professional services in making the necessary arrangements and finally our two days at the hotel, all of us were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our stay with you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Irene J,
Thank you for your comments. We are very humbled by your kind words. We are glad that we were able to provide prompt and professional services in making the necessary arrangements on your two day stay at the Shangri-La Hotel. We look forward welcoming you back on your next Executive Committee Retreat.

There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Yes, they have beautiful rooms, yes the location is great, yes amenities are luxurious but the Shangri La is all about amazing genuine hospitality.

Difference between a good hotel and a great hotel is attention to details and the folks at the Shangri La gets it.

They listen to your every needs and make it happen. Everything is easy.

I said at check-in in a casual way that I needed to eat something quickly before my meeting. Minutes later I got a small snack delivered to my room without asking.

I left all my shopping at the concierge desk as I was in a hurry. Everything was perfectly place in my room when I came back hours ago.

Absolutely, too short, lovely stay.

1  Thank crew347
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear crew347,

Thank you for your great comments, we are truly humbled by the kind words you said about our team. The staff is one of the "gems" we have at the hotel and I am glad that we are able to delight you in our own little way. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had a suite reserved for my engagement, and the Shangri-La staff went above and beyond to ensure our night was memorable. The service was incredible and the rooms absolutely amazing. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mmlindgren,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! We are proud to be part of your special moment. I will pass on your kind words to our staff as I am sure that they will be humbled by your words. We look forward welcoming you back on your next celebration.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Im local and stayed here due to renovation in my place. Very nice lobby, closet, bathroom. Floor to ceiling window-bright! Comfy bed. Good size room. great location. Market restaurant food is one of the best in town.
It is not usual grand Shagrila in asia but nice and small hotel.
I would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear WV604,

Thank you for choosing the Shangri-La Hotel as your temporary home during your renovation. I am happy to hear that you found our beds very comfortable and that the layout of the room helped you be more comfortable during you recent stay with us. We look forward seeing you at MARKET by Jean-Georges or at the hotel should you wish to plan another staycation.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We decided to stop in Vancouver for a day before heading to Whistler. The staff were super friendly, helpful, and always smiling. This hotel is centrally located with many shops and restaurants close by. If you can book your room with free breakfast, I would highly recommend it - it's not your typical continental breakfast. I also love that there is complimentary wifi and valet parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michi415

Dear Michi415,

Thank you for your review. We are privileged that you have chosen to stay with us on your way to Whistler and glad that our super friendly and helpful staff was able to make you feel very welcome. We look forward welcoming you back on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend without driving too far (we live in the Fraser Valley). After reading several reviews we decided on the Shagri-La hotel, and we were sure glad we did. When we showed up at the underground lobby, the courteous valet service took our car and bags. The front office service manager, Alex Yao, informed us that the room would be ready in 15 minutes (apologized for the wait) and took us to the restaurant bar for a round of drinks while we waited. He then brought us our keys in less than 10 minutes and had our bags waiting in the room. He offered to make several calls for reservations and dinner suggestions and we had a great night! The room was spectacular with all of the most modern amenities including tv in the bathroom mirror. Breakfast in the morning (included in the reservation to my surprise) was world class with tons of offerings. The restaurant service was impeccable. And when we checked out at noon, Alex was still there and held our luggage and provided bottles of water for us while we walked around town. We will definitely be back. Nothing but smiles. Thanks Alex Yao and the rest of the world class Shangri-La hotel staff!

• Stayed: February 2014
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Mr. Brigues,

Thank you for your comments, I will pass on your message to Alex Yao, he will be humbled by your words. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your recent staycation in our hotel and we look forward welcoming you back the next time you decide for another short trip in Vancouver.

Kind Regards,

Kari Koskela

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Not a pleasant stay. Every time I called to make sure everything was requested was put in the system but each time everything was not taken care of. found an used bottle of water in the room. my credit card was charged after I checked out & I requested to pay all in cash, everything was settle & then I got surprised charge on my bill. Not honest. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
4  Thank 260Sam
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear 260Sam,

We appreciate the time you took to post your review of our hotel. It is disheartening to learn that we fell short on the requests you made prior to your arrival and that you found an used bottle of water in the room. Unfortunately, our records do not indicate this been brought to our attention for immediate follow-up.
The credit card charges might be the authorization upon check-in, which is standard in most hotels in North America. The amount should be released within 3-5 working days upon your check-out. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this have caused during your recent stay with us. We hope that you will consider us again next time you have a need for hotel accommodation in Vancouver.

Kari Koskela