“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at this beautiful property before our Alaskan cruise. Very easy to get to downtown via train. Hotel staff was extremeley helpful and freindly. We arrived early from PHL and I had called the hotel prior to leaving to notify them, however when we arrived our room was not ready. They offered an upgrade to a suite for $40, which was totally worth it after a long flight.

The room was extremely comfortable and clean. Nice views of the city from the balcony.

We did not take advantage of any other services provided by the hotel, however there were plenty to choose from.

Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Mark S,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you find our rooms extremely comfortable and clean. Our hotel staff indeed is one of our best assets and that is something we are very proud of. We definitely hope to see you again on your next trip to Vancouver!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. The hotel actually is in three portions; the hotel and 1 bedroom condos and 2 bedroom condos. I was lucky to stay with a member of my family in her 1 bedroom condo. We had access to the hotel amenities like the restaurants within it. The security was so tight and it made me feel very comfortable. I went shopping, eating out, attended a art gallery exhibition, attended an Indian classical music concert at Simon Fraser University; all within walking distant. There are so many restaurants and excellent coffee shops all around. I never felt intimidated or afraid - day or night.

Room Tip: I only had the experience of the condo from where the views were great. I could see the Trump Tower...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Esmail J,
Thank you for your comments. It is so nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the residences and that you enjoyed our hotel amenities. We are indeed located in the downtown core, very near to shopping street and excellent restaurants and coffee shops. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed for one night and paid $1256 for a one night stay. We did order room service and had dinner in the restaurant. It was good, but we were not blown away. I was hoping to be becasue of spending that sort of money. All the staff are courteous and very helpful. The room was gorgeous but it did have dirty tired carpets and the view was marred by tall office buildings in the way. We paid for an $150 upgrade for the view but it was not worth it.. The food was good but just not amazing. I don't know what I was expecting but I just was not blown away.

Dear Julianna Z,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I apologise if you feel that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I hope that we can still have an opportunity to welcome you back at the Shangri-La Vancouver.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Let me start off by saying that my girlfriend and I had an amazing weekend in Vancouver. It was our first time visiting and staying at the Shangri-La was definitely the right choice. The hotel boasts the only 5 diamond rating in Vancouver, and the service was for the most part, amazing. Big thanks to Vincent at the front desk for making us so comfortable and Eric for providing first aid to my gf after she burned herself with a curling iron.

I did have two issues, one was when we asked for extra towels and a pillow and no one came for 30 min, I had to call back and ask again and the concierge claimed that they knew nothing about my previous call. The other was the lady at the check in desk, who didn't really know what she was doing and got our reservation mixed up and also couldn't answer simple questions such as when the pool closes. Vincent cleared that all up, thanks again! The overall experience was still really great, the hotel is beautiful and really conveniently located to great food and shops. Everyone else was really helpful, and the Jean-Georges restaurant had the BEST desserts. I'm a fan, and will definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Alchie07,

Thank you for taking time in writing your thoughts and comments. I am glad to know that you and your girlfriend had an amazing weekend stay with us. I will pass on your note to Vincent and Eric, I am sure that they will be very humbled by your words. I would like to apologise for the delay of the extra towels and pillow as per your request and that if our front desk agent had mixed up your reservation with someone else. We hope to see you and your girlfriend back on your next trip to Vancouver.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Really nice room, incl balcony, amenities etc. Great food for dinner and breakfast. Very nice Spa treatment. Excellent concierge, really helpful. Good location. A few blocks off train station for a 4$ metro to airport. (more in evening). This is a hotel I want to go back to. Definately.

Room Tip: Consider upgrade to suite for a co pay at check in.
1 Thank gumball997
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear gumball997,

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our room, food and spa during your recent stay with us. We look forward welcoming you back.
Bonita, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Awesome experience. We got to stay as part of our Holland America AK cruise and what a treat! Outstanding service ( what you would expect) and amenities. Rooms upgraded with about everything you will need. Most helpful staff throughout the facility I've ever experienced. Try the Market for great on site dining. 5 minutes to the bay and cruise ship terminal. Rooms are not big though.

Room Tip: Ash the staff for local food and entertainment recommendations.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snorris57
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Snorris57,

Thank you for your kind words. It is so nice to hear that you had a great stay with us as part of your Holland America AK Cruise. We hope to welcome you back again on your next adventure.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The entire stay at the Shangri La Hotel Vancouver did meet our expectations and beyond. Wonderful staff throughout the entire hotel. They made my medical stay as comfortable as possible. I will be back again in the near future. Heathly chef made meals and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank K B
Dear KB,
Thank you for taking time in writing this review. I am glad to hear that our staff had met your expectations and that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope that you can visit us again for a leisure stay in the future.