Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
Loden Hotel(Vancouver)
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver(Vancouver)
1,822 results
All reviewschi spamarket by jean georgeslower lobbyalberni streetbathroom mirrorstreet levelconcierge teambeautiful hotelone bedroom suitenespresso machinehotel experiencesteam roombreakfast was includedvalet parkingturn down servicefitness centeran upgrade
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Vancouver, perfect location and very new. The breakfast is very nice and service was perfect. Stayed with two small kids. Spa was out of this world as stated with my wife.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Azfar N
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Azfar N,
Thank you for your comments. It is so nice to hear that you consider us one of the best hotels in Vancouver and that you enjoyed our restaurant and Spa.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Spent one night here during a trip to Vancouver in February. Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was overwhelmed by its oriental beauty and grandeur. Many of the staff members can speak Chinese and was very friendly and helpful. It really felt like home! I had a corner room and was able to see the city center and caught a glimpse of the harbor! The rooms are splendid and the decor has a unique oriental charm to it. In addition, they are spacious, stylish, and nicely appointed - the toiletries are provided by l'Occitane and there are so many other things that I simply cannot list (including a Lost Horizon book by James Hilton!). I received a plate of welcoming fruit from the management and it was delicious! This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at in all of North America, not just because of its luxury but also my stay was wonderful cultural experience.

Room Tip: There are no Vancouver Harbor view rooms... best room you can get is a city view room with a balcony in the corner of the building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear fcwa1964,
Thank you for your feedback. We are very grateful that you find our hotel very grand and our staff members very helpful. Considering is as one of the best hotel in North America is very kind. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The corner room we had was beautiful, quiet, and luxurious and we really appreciated the courtesy of the hotel staff.
At reception Sheri greeted us upon arrival and escorted us to our room and explained the hotel facilities to us. She made us feel very welcomed. The wonderful cake brought up to our room for our anniversary was both beautiful and delicious and a complete surprise. Thank you for that.
My wife really enjoyed her massage at the Chi spa. The breakfast each morning was very complete and the service was excellent. The bar at night was intimate and relaxing.
The concierge staff especially Benjamin did a great job on the reservations at the restaurants and we really appreciated their advice on what to see in the city.

Breakfast at the Market was delicious and we also enjoyed having a nightcap at the bar in the evening.

Room Tip: ask for an executive king corner room with a view of the harbor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackAguero

Dear JackAguero,
Thank you for taking time in writing this review. I am very delighted to learn that you enjoyed your corner room and you appreciated the courtesy of our staff. I will pass on your kind words about Sherry and Benjamin, I am sure that they will be very humbled by your words. We do hope to see you again at the hotel, specially at CHI, The Spa and at MARKET by Jean-Georges.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here and went to a concert and then watched some of the Pride parade the next morning. Fantastic location to GM Place ,Robson Street and Georgia Street for shopping, and a lot of fun little restaurants around. The lobby staff were friendly and helpful. I would come again for the fireworks or a hockey game.

Room Tip: always the higher the floor the better the view... did not hear street noise , just the occasional siren
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BEACHCOMBERS/HOME

Dear BEACHCOMBER,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us during the Pride Parade. We are indeed very near the GM Place and Robson Street for shopping. We look forward welcoming you back at the Shangri-La Hotel on your next Hockey Game!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm on the tail end of a business trip to Vancouver and thought I'd write a review of my stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver. This is my first stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver (but not my first Shangri-La) and I'm very impressed. I'm a big fan of the Asian-themed decor.

Here's my experience:

Positives:
+ Very Serene - As soon as I walked into the lower lobby, a sense of calmness came over me. Maybe it was the relaxing music, the Asian-themed decor, or the lightly fragranced air but I suddenly got acquainted with my inner zen.
+ Nice Staff - I took a morning flight to Vancouver and arrived at the hotel before the stated check-in time but the front desk lady was very accomodating. She called to see if my room had been cleaned yet. It hadn't but they cleaned it within half and hour and soon after, I was in my room.
+ Abundant Amenities - I must say that the rooms and the hotel are nicely appointed. I appreciated everything from the L'Occitane toiletries to the nicely equipped gym to the beautiful pool and hot tub.

Negative:
- There's wasn't really anything I was unhappy with although I did find the hallways a tad narrow (may be my bulky size though).

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver and I would stay here again.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: A room in the northwest part of hotel will give you a nice view of Stanley Park and Coal Harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AHK403
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear AHK403,

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us a chance to show our Shangri-La way of serving guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our serene ambience and that our staff had provided good service to you. We hope to see you again at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver!