“Excellent find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cibo Trattoria

Cibo Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #527 of 3,709 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Smithe (kitty-corner to The Orpheum Theatre)
Transit: SKYTRAIN. From Vancouver City Ctr Station (Canada Line) or Granville Station (Expo/Millenium Line). Exit on Granville and walk 2 blocks west (towards Winners sign). Turn left at Smithe and walk to Seymour. You'll see Uva Wine Bar at the corner. We're just on the right at 900 Seymour. Time: Approx. 10 minutes walking.
Description: Located in the chic Moda Hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s arts and events district, Cibo Trattoria is the ideal destination for an enjoyable dining experience and memorable evening out in the city. True to the trattoria aspect of its name, Cibo’s 40 seat, cozy dining room is the perfect spot for any occasion or social gathering; where patrons enjoy casual, rustic Italian cuisine in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Cibo Trattoria serves up authentic Italian cuisine prepared in a traditional manner with ethically sourced, seasonal and local ingredients and showcases rustic elegance on each plate. Our ‘from-scratch’ approach in the kitchen works with Mother Nature and embraces the ‘Slow Food’ philosophy founded by Italian writer Carlo Petrini to showcase a simple, rustic elegance in each dish.
“Excellent find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Walking by decide to try out Cibo Love it's fresh local and seasonal, everything is hand made daily, no freezer on the premises. Our fantastic server Terri made the night more special with her recommendations for our palate. Not cheap, recommend if you want to treat yourself to delicious, nutritious food.

• Visited March 2014

• Hungarian first
Vancouver, B.c.
“Convenient but disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We visited Cibo on a Sunday afternoon prior to a Symphony performance. My daughter chose the restaurant based on information re healthy, locally sourced ingredients and positive reviews. We both chose the frittata, which arrived with potatoes and sourdough bread. The serving was generous but the quality less than memorable. Also, while our server was very pleasant, the service was slow and a promised substitution for sourdough bread never materialized in spite of a reminder. The best thing about the restaurant was its proximity to the Orpheum.

• Visited March 2014
“Good pasta, good wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went to this restaurant around Christmas time with work colleagues. I had the tagliatelle with sausage and thought it was very good. Good selection of Italian wines. Looking forward to visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“So hungry, I ate when I came home”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Like some other reviewers, we went to this restaurant because we were going to the Vancouver Symphony at the Orpheum, which is kitty corner to Cibo. The waiter was good: friendly and attentive. The service however was slow, even though we were went 1:45 hour before the concert, we ended up barely getting to our seats in time (literally one minute before start). The food was overpriced and pretentious. One dish that my party of four shared was a goopy mess of what I believe was some white, soft cheese, that was almost tasteless and cost $36: incredible stupidity on our part to have ordered this but at that price I kind of expected some sort of culinary orgasmic moment (especially as it was the day after Valentine's day), but alas no. The portions were lilliputian. My veal & pork bolognese tagliatelle was approximately 4" in diameter, flavorful, but certainly not worth the $19 charged; I was so hungry because of the small portion, I actually made myself a sandwich when I got home! Another member of my party had the crispy port belly, which plated and served, was about 2.5 inches square and looked more like a small atoll in a pond of dark mustard lentils. The wine prices were high (with a singular exception) every glass of wine was in the double digits. All in all, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and I will never, ever go here again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AlanBCdn
Vancouver
“Cibo Trattoria has changed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went to Cibo Trattoria prior to going to a concert across the street at the Orpheum last Saturday. We had been once before on a late dinner and enjoyed it thoroughly. Not so much this time around. We went in with 1.45 hour cushion before the concert started. Should be lots of time. We even went for the 'theater goers special' which was three courses and designed so there would be no problems making a show.
The tables are not large and room is a problem once they bring drinks and bread. I started with a beer (in bottle - no draft) which the waitress poured with flair and expertise brining the head to the ege of the glas and emptying the bottle. She sets both down on the table and leaves. Did I mention there was limited room? Why leave an empty bottle?
Accoustics are terrible and as the place started to fill up it got very LOUD. Not the place for an intimate quiet dinner. You have talk loud to be heard across the table. The food was mediocre at best. I had the strip steak and, although pleasant in presentation and taste, half of it was too chewy. My wife had the chicken which tasted very bland.
We had to push the staff to get on the ball with our bill so we could make the concert. (Why do they always disappear when you are looking for the bill?)

For what we had, it took far too long and didn't live up to the last time we went there.
Would not go there again.

• Visited January 2014