“Keg is always a safe bet for a good meal”
Review of Keg Steakhouse and Bar - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Transit: If you are traveling by skytrain, our Keg is about 5 minute walk from the Burrard station.
Description: The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.
Toronto
“Keg is always a safe bet for a good meal”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This Keg is just around the corner from our hotel and as with most Kegs in any major city in Canada you can get a good steak and nice wine in a nice streak house atmosphere for a reasonable price. If you like a cocktail before dinner get the Keg size ( double in a larger glass).
They have a good, not overpriced, selection of wine as well. I prefer the Top Sirloin or Fillet Mignon and medium rare. If you have a larger group make a reservation as it is usually busy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Slick58

London, United Kingdom
“Ok food, odd waitress”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Our waitress looked like she was working at a strip-club and was wearing very little. Our food was ok, our cocktails were not very nice - it was very commercial and we wouldn't go back.

Visited March 2014
Antimony, Utah
“It's not always a great atmosphere it's awesome service!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We rolled into Vancouver for the weekend, visiting from Seattle for a little R&R. I am a little behind in sharing my review of The Keg but based on our excellent service alone we will certainly return.

We drove from Seattle to Vancouver and arrived early on a Friday afternoon. It was a cool, rainy fall day and we decided to vist The Keg...our vacation started off perfectly as a result. We dodged into the warm lobby where we were greeted with a kind smile and seated promptly.

The Keg itself is really warm and modern...dark woods and great lighting, I love the look and feel. We were seated in a comfortable booth and then arrives Michael. :)

Let me tell you...there are servers and there's Michael. He was so incredibly kind and welcoming...hell, we left feeling as though we had just met a new friend...seriously, want to hang out? He helped answer all questions we had and offered a handful of recommendations, sharing a couple of drink specials and beer on tap for me. Our drinks arrived quickly and we really felt as though we were his only guests. My burger was cooked perfectly and my partners salad fresh and filling.

All in all just a great afternoon in a great spot for lunch. I do want to share that if I ever had an opportunity to recruit employee's, watch out Keg...I will be recruiting Michael, you are lucky to have an employee like him.

Please visit, take some time to relax and visit. This is a great spot for that.

• Visited November 2013
Moss Beach, California
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This restaurant was introduced to me by a local who is very familiar
with the best restaurants in Vancouver. So when he suggested
The keg I did not hesitate in going there for a memorable
filet mignon and Caesar salad. Everything was prepared as
I requested and the Manager Jason came by to make sure
we were satisfied and we assured him that we were.I told him
"This is as good as it gets"
On my next visit to Vancouver this place will be at the top of my
list for another wonderful experience in dining.

• Visited February 2014
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting and staying at a hotel near by.

Checked a competition web based rating company. After looking at the menus of near by restaurants , prices, reviews this was a no brainer.

Both of our meals where excellent the service was top notch. By the end of the night the bill was higher than I would have thought.

But very worth it! Would recommend to anyone who wants a nice meal, good service, and clean night place to eat.