“Great food”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just picked this spot for no reason other than we were walking by and were a little hungry. Upon entry the place seemed a bit of a hangout but we were quickly greeted and seated by the waitress who was also filling in as the hostess. We ordered the fish and chips special and the sliders which were great . The gals ordered something new to them, the deep fried pickles , now the new favorite for a starter ,lol, great little spot , friendly , good service , good fun comfort food. Prices seemed high but Welcome to downtown Vancouver

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Visited the speakeasy in september 2012 and also january 2013.
The first time we had an awesome breakfast, huge selection, large portions, pretty cheap for the amount of food we got. Probably one of the best eggs benadict i've had.
Unfortunately we headed back there to have breakfast again when we we're in vancouver recently and really wished we hadn't, the menu had decresed by at least two pages, we were told they don't do any changes to the menu although after consulting the chef was able to add a few things (at a cost). The portions were way smaller, and cold. The hashbrowns which we loved the first time were terrible.
Don't know what happened Speakeasy, change back!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

My sister and I paid an over $200 bill one evening prior to going to a show at the commodore ballroom. We were literally CHASED down the street after we were in line at the commodore as the staff thought we had not settled our bill and FORCED us to walk back to the resaraunt with them to settle EVEN THOUGH our husbands were still at the bar at the same table!!! They totally embarrassed us, and as compensation offered us a free shot...sounds like a slap in the face if you ask me... Punch line..the girls they Mistook us for, did not skip their bill but just moved to a different table in the resaraunt. DON'T EAT HERE!!! Very unprofessional!!!!

2  Thank Ecamp C
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Nothing spectacular, but good enough. Another of many sports bars with decent pub fare, but the ample TVs are a plus. It's interesting in reading the reviews how subjective and varied are the individual experiences with this bar, especially the service. As I mentioned, I found the place to be decent enough and at least when I was there, the bartender was friendly, attentive and competent. If the service held up and if I lived in the neighborhood this would become one of my go-to places for serious sports watching.

1  Thank TommyBoy94
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Whenever I am in Vancouver visiting family I always like to meet up with friends at the Speakeasy. It has a fun atmosphere and the service is usually friendly. They have the best yam fries in town and their other dishes are pretty good too. When possible we like to sit outside on their small terrace for people watching.