“Just the fix needed....”

Speakeasy On Granville
Ranked #1,714 of 3,945 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having just checked into our hotel after a ten hour flight, we headed downtown to grab a bite and accidentally caught a local ice hockey game. The atmosphere in here with it's HD projector was a real wake up call and ideal to help us get onto local time.
Took a while to get served, but Beth more than made up for this. We ordered up the mexican chicken taco salad, a mexican burger a coke and a pint of canadian. The food was delivered promptly to our table with good sized portions. The salad was a foot wide and filled to the brim with chicken, dressing and plenty of leaves. My mexican was stacked high and seriously good! Salad, cheese, bacon and a good sized patty.
It was ideal and just the fix we needed with a real atmosphere. Pack your ID, go grab a stool, catch a game and relax.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

They served me my Eggs Benedict on a piece of white toast!! That about says it all! This was my first and will be my last time at this restaurant. My friend and I were hungry and we noticed their 'sandwich board' out front promoting their breakfast, so thought we would give it a try. I ordered eggs benedict and my friend ordered the hash. Everything else seemed fine, nothing out of the ordinary happened, nothing really worth commenting on. But when the food was ready she dropped it off and walked away. I was confused as I looked at my plate. I called the waitress back and asked her if this was how the benny was normally served. She said, "No, we ran out of English muffins, so we used toast". She said it as if it was a normal thing to do. I was shocked. I responded, "You should have told me, didn't you think I would notice?". She asked if I wanted something else, but I said no, it will take too long and I am starving. I thought to myself, it is just breakfast and I eat eggs on toast all the time, so I just ate it. I can't believe they actually thought it would be OK to serve eggs benny on toast. They should have a bit more pride in their product. I will not go back; there are way too many other restaurants in Vancouver; there is absolutely no need for me to patronize a restaurant with such low low standards. I am shocked they did that. It is laughable. That place is a joke.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My friend and me headed here for a drink because someone recommended it. The service was really nice and funny. The location on granville is just great and I like how the designed the inside of the bar. As we were sitting there and seeing all the delicious looking food passing by, we ordered some appetizers. The best food I had so far in Vancouver! The bruschettas were awesome! First fresh tomatoes in Vancouver pubs! And it was just 7 $! I love this place and want to go back in any case!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just picked this spot for no reason other than we were walking by and were a little hungry. Upon entry the place seemed a bit of a hangout but we were quickly greeted and seated by the waitress who was also filling in as the hostess. We ordered the fish and chips special and the sliders which were great . The gals ordered something new to them, the deep fried pickles , now the new favorite for a starter ,lol, great little spot , friendly , good service , good fun comfort food. Prices seemed high but Welcome to downtown Vancouver

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Visited the speakeasy in september 2012 and also january 2013.
The first time we had an awesome breakfast, huge selection, large portions, pretty cheap for the amount of food we got. Probably one of the best eggs benadict i've had.
Unfortunately we headed back there to have breakfast again when we we're in vancouver recently and really wished we hadn't, the menu had decresed by at least two pages, we were told they don't do any changes to the menu although after consulting the chef was able to add a few things (at a cost). The portions were way smaller, and cold. The hashbrowns which we loved the first time were terrible.
Don't know what happened Speakeasy, change back!