“Lovely Afternoon Tea!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Thurlow Street
Description: Embracing our Shangri-La heritage with a modern interpretation, Xi Shi is a lounge with distinct personality that expands street-side to embrace the summer.Enchanting cocktail waitresses wearing traditional, hand tailored cheongsams from Shanghai emulate the legendary beauty, Xi Shi, the ancient Chinese Goddess of the Lotus Blossom. The classic bartender, passionate about flavor, mixes creative cocktails to delight the palate.During the week, Xi Shi is an ideal spot to have a casual business meeting or enjoy a relaxed lunch. On the weekends, a traditional afternoon tea set on our famous Blue Willow China is enhanced with classical piano. In the evenings, re-energize and socialize in an intimate setting with interesting live music, innovative evening snacks and inspired cocktails.Open from 11:30am to 1am everyday (Seasonal Patio from 11:30am to 11pm)Hours:11:30am to 5pm - Traditional Afternoon Tea, live classical piano 11:30am to 11:00pm - Inspired food selection and creative cocktails Offering live entertainment 7 days a week - Lobby Level Monday & Tuesdays: 5 to 7pmWednesday: 5 to 7pm & 8 to 12amThursdays: 5 to 7pm & 8:30 to 11:30pmFridays: 5 to 7pm, & 8:30 to 11:30pmSaturdays: 1:30 to 4:30pm & 9pm to 1amSundays: 1:30 to 4:30pmContact us for further information on this evenings entertainers.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Three tiers of perfectly wonderful delicacies topped off with the most delicious tea choices! I chose 'Rose French Vanilla' tea which was to die for! Although all the food was delicious, my highlight was the fresh and flaky scones with clotted cream and homemade jam. We took a friend out to celebrate a birthday and it was a very special and unique experience. Traditional British afternoon tea with an asian influence - and right here in Vancouver. We paid $38 per person and were full with the amount of food we got.

There are newer reviews for Xi Shi Lounge at Shangri-La Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The setting is lovely and perfect for a nice afternoon enjoying High Tea. The resident piano Player is there Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons. His music is superb, playing a lively variety of old and new tunes. Charming!! The server could have been a bit more attentive. The scones were not as nice as they have been on other visits. The other items were very tasty. The tea selection is outstanding. Cleanliness in the bathrooms has slipped a little. I do however recommend this for a pleasant afternoon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Kinda disappointed when we got seated on a high chair table which was so uncomfortable! Me and my friends ordered the same tea and they just gave us a super huge heavy tea pot that we cld barely able to lift it. Lol imagine u are cooking with 5 qt cast iron at home. This is seriously super heavy! Staff are friendly but not so professional to be able to tell me exactly which flavor of the scone is. Also we ordered the rose with French vanilla tea that they gave a big pot with one serving of cream. And u pay $47 after tax and tips.

Kari K, General Manager at Xi Shi Lounge at Shangri-La Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Vicky G,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your thoughts with us. I sincerely apologise that you were uncomfortable in the high table that you were seated at, and that you were given a large heavy pot to share between you and your guest.
I can assure you we take pride in delivering professional service to each and every one of our guest. I will be sure to follow up with our team to review how we can improve. Guest feedback is very important to us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My brother-in-law and I ate the sushi and both of us got very sick the next day. He later said he felt he detected a slightly off taste. No more sushi for me.

Kari K, General Manager at Xi Shi Lounge at Shangri-La Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear GlennaWOO,

Thank you for letting us know that you were not feeling well following your visit to Xi Shi Lounge. I assure you we have a rigorous food safety management system in place which controls all the critical control points of our food & beverage operation relating to food receipt, storage, production, and serving of meals. Please share your contact details with me in a private message as we would like to contact you in order to gather some further information so that we may investigate this matter.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The lounge is beautiful, but that's the only positive thing at the Xi Shi for our High Tea.
The service was mediocre to poor, let's just say nonattentive. When you have tea, you expect the tea to be hot, not luke warm. The waitress took my teapot and cup and return with a dirty cup, gross! The selection and variety of food was very limited, the scones and mini bagel with lox were the only things we ate. The other sandwiches tasted stale, and the bread was hard as card board. The desserts were grossly sweet and unappealing. Definitely would NOT go back. We would much rather pay a bit more and have High Tea at the Fairmont.

1  Thank ssfw123
Kari K, General Manager at Xi Shi Lounge at Shangri-La Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear ssfw123,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your thoughts with us. I sincerely apologise that your tea cup was returned dirty to you and that you found our selection and variety of food limited. I will be sure to follow up with our team to review how we can improve the service which you found to be inattentive. I can assure you we take pride in delivering the same level of service to each and every one of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future; Our Culinary and Service Teams are dedicated to providing you with an exception dining experience. With that being said, we'd very much like the opportunity to invite you back to Xi Shi so that we can make up for short comings.