“Mind-blowing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Point Grey
Description: With a newly renovated room and a warmer vibe, la Quercia provides a comprehensive and seasonally focused menu framed with the slow cooking tradition expressed in authentic Italian cuisine. In addition to the starters and main courses we offer an extensive" Primi Menu " that includes house made Pasta, Gnocchi and Risotti.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The 10 course tasting menu will change your life. The food comes at you at a perfectly timed pace and each course excites your taste buds and leaves you wondering how the chef could possibly follow the previous offering.

I will dream about this meal for the next month.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Made a reservation to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Turned away at the door and told there was no reservation and the situation would not be looked into.

I'll always remember La Quercia for their complete lack of tact and appalling customer service and also how I ate take away on my 5 year anniversary because La Quercia doesn't know how to honour a reservation.

I would never risk celebrating an important event at this restaurant ...

1  Thank rheo3000
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Every time I am in Vancouver, my good friend takes me to new restaurants to discover and experience. At La Quercai, we chose the 7 course chef's surprise dinner. The surprise is that you do not know what you get until the server brings it to the table. Let me say that the dinner with good wine was an amazing. Afterwards, we wondered back into the kitchen and thanked everyone for the wonderful culinary experience. Their response was enthusiastically responsive. They noted that not often do people stop by to thank them. All I can say is cheers to the cooks at La Quercia!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I live close to Le Quercia and that is the best and worst part of living where I do. I would love to try other restaurants but I keep coming back to Le Quercia. I have had some of the best meals I have ever had here and at their new Wine Bar. If you havent been you should go. If you have been you should go again because the menu is different everyday.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

La Quercia is far and away the best restaurant I've ever eaten in in my life. The menu changes everyday according to what the chef thinks would be best. There is no way to predetermine what you will be eating, but that is part of the adventure. There are two fixed prices $50.00 for 7 courses and $70.00 for 10 courses (although, I don't know how you could possibly have room for 10 courses!). There are menu choices on a chalk board, so ask your waiter if you can substitute something if the fixed menu has items that you are allergic to or do not like). My daughter had been there before, and highly recommended it. Each course was exquisitely presented and mouth watering. We had two appetizers, pork bellies and a delightful miniature cheese souffle, a wonderful salad, two pasta dishes, and a rabbit entree with roasted vegetables and to finish off the meal, a delightful lemon mousse topped with a berry compote that was so creamy and wonderful that we almost ordered another one. The portions don't appear large, but this is a deception, as we were totally satisfied and couldn't have eaten another bite. I have never tasted food of such high quality and so brilliantly prepared! The night we were there, rabbit was the featured entree. I have never eaten rabbit in my life and was a little apprehensive. It was absolutely delicious! Every morsel we tasted was fantastic. We probably would have licked the plates if it would have been acceptable to do so! The French waiter was wonderful and even took our picture, as we took pictures of every course. I definitely want to repeat the experience when my husband and I drive to Vancouver this summer. Be forewarned that the wine is very pricey.

1  Thank Kathi W