“$$$ ?”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Point Grey
Reviewed 28 November 2013

La Quercia in vancouver

I had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my husband, it was our first time and will be last time to visit this restaurant. We order tasting menu $50 per person the meal was a little repetitive. Also, they served different dishes then tasting menu without informing the guest, Two of dishes my husband and I need to share one plate. We paid $128 + tip for two people’s meal. I felt that I got robbed. The menu is misleading because the menu says seven course meals, but we got 5 dishes only. When we questioned, waitress said that they had placed two course in one plate. ????

1  Thank coco c

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The service, the atmosphere in the cosy comfortable restaurant and the food that came out of the small kitchen were all fabulous. Even with all the choices there are for excellent places to eat in Vancouver, I will eat at La Querta every time I visit Vancouver. The pasta dishes were my favourites.

1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I recently had our anniversary dinner at La Quercia, our first here. We selected the 7 course famiglia (sharing dinner) at $50/person, rather than order al la carte off the daily menu of traditional and contemporary Italian dishes found on a chalkboard in the restaurant. The dinner included three small appetizers, two pastas, one entree, and a desert, most taken from the al la carte menu, with some additions, each selected by the chef, and intended to be shared (allergies and things you definitely did not want to eat were identified right up front). We weren't sure what to expect, but both of us were totally delighted. The selections were outstanding, with both new twists on old favourites (a tomato panna cotta with olives and ciabatta croutons) and some completely new (to us) dishes (we both loved the stinging nettle pasta which neither of us had had before). Each course was delicious and beautifully presented. The portions were reasonably small, which we liked, so that after 7 courses were were full and wonderfully satisfied, but not stuffed. Service was friendly and attentive. Wine list (all Italian) was good. My wife described it as one of her best meals out in a very long time, and we certainly will be going back.

1  Thank AHStryd
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Six of us shared an outstanding meal in this small spot right on 4th Street in Kits. Be sure to make a reservation well in advance - with only a few tables, a spot is hard to come by. For $50 per person, you get 7 courses of absolutely delicious food - whatever is freshest that day. Sounds like a lot, but the portions are just right - you will not feel over fed. Interesting wines too. This is a wonderful spot for a special occasion. Not inexpensive, but well worth every bite!

1  Thank Soulefulltraveler
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I am a big foodie, live in Boston and travel quite a bit. So take aways - small restaurant, if you are looking for a bar and someplace to hang out afterwords this is not your place. But if you are looking for a delicious dinner, wonderful service, and just overall a great foodie experience this is your place to be. It is on the other side of the bridge from Downtown but worth the 15 min drive. Each nights menu is dependent on what is available locally, served family style, with a wonderful wine list. This place is a must for all foodie's looking for a great experience!

1  Thank hails_beth