“Just average”

Market by Jean-Georges
Reserve with OpenTable
Market by Jean-Georges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$20 - US$81
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Thurlow Street
Description: The Vancouver location, of the Paris original, is an unparalleled dining experience in Vancouver. Designed for understated elegant, yet relaxed contemporary dining that supports Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s renowned Modern Pacific style of cooking. The Restaurant: Refined Dining: OPEN 7 days a week Reservations recommended – Level 3
“Just average”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Considering the price you pay in this restaurant and the rather tiny serving sizes you receive for I would rather spend my money somewhere else next time. Yes the food was tasty, the combinations and flavours thoughtful, creative and executed to perfection. However the food presentation was rather uninspiring and at times rather sloppy and simply overpriced for what it is. Really not sure why they call this restaurant "market" as it has absolutely no relations to any markets or market restaurant concepts. It is a rather boring hotel restaurant with the usual robotic hotel service, without any view and no ambience or character whatsoever . Leaving this restaurant with good tastes in my mouth but unfortunately still hungry and with an empty wallet!

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My server was amazing. I missed the turnoff for the valet parking and parked on the street.....he offered to put money in the meter for me (it was pouring rain outside). This is only the second time in about 40 years of fine dining that a server has offered to do this. The food was excellent, the beef carpacchio was as good as I have had. My lamb loin was also excellent although the serving size was a little on the small side. We had one of the private rooms as there was 7 of us, very good place to have a small group function. Wine list mark up is a tad on the steep side but in keeping with high end dining in Vancouver. I plan to go back and try the sea bass which also looked fantastic. Valet parking is out front apparently even though the restaurant entrance is out back....I'll remember that next time.

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Dinner and a movie night!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife, Christie, myself and a couple of our closest friends had the opportunity to attend the Dinner and movie night at "Market". It was a stupendous event filled with amazing food which immediately followed a screening of the documentary "Spinning Plates". IF you haven't had a chance to dine at Market yet, you're missing out. Get there! NOW! Enjoy... and after you've eaten there shoot me a tweet at @daimanuel and tell me "You told me so! Thanks for the tip"

Enjoy!

~ Moose

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DaiManuel
Tring
“Enjoyable Fine dining.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I made a reservation as a birthday celebration dinner with a group of friends and was planning on using a food and beverage voucher through Shangri-La's Golden Circle. A few weeks ahead, I amended the reservation to include two more people - this was confirmed immediately. Two days before, I received an e-mail informing me that the restaurant made a mistake and did not have a table for us in the main restaurant and asked if we would mind being seated at the bar. I responded by saying, if that is the only option, it would have to do as we were only in Vancouver for three nights. In the end, due to a high volume of reservations, they opened up one of their private dining rooms and we were seated there.

The service from the staff was excellent and they were very engaging when taking orders and making recommendations. They were even happy to speak to the chef to source a dessert that was on the online menu but no longer served in the restaurant.

Overall, the food was very good, although there was no particular "wow" factor. Ingredients were fresh, nicely presented and everything was tasty. Price wise, I felt this was a bit on the steep side, even with the use of the Golden Circle vouchers. A lovely evening was had by all, nevertheless.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Just An Average Restaurant”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

- Comfortable enviroment.
- Great downtown location.
- Dinner menu has limited selections.
- Food and service are not surprising good.
- An average dining experience in an above-average hotel.

Visited January 2014