“great stay beautiful neighborhood”

Kitsilano Garden Suites
Kitsilano Garden Suites
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed in the studio apt which was comfy and had all the amenities including a washer and dryer.The place was clean and it a wonderful place for walking. If I go to Vancouver again I will try to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank banjo7

Reviewed 28 September 2010

On arrival the apartment was generously supplied with initial provisions of fruit, bread, milk, breakfast cereal, soups etc. Free telephone and Internet were provided and Mark the owner was very helpful. Several Vancouver friends who saw the apartment regarded it as a “find”, because there are no hotels in this part of the city.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Casalin
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I contacted Margaret Olney about a 1 week stay during the Olympics. She immediately responded (via e-mail) that the time I requested was open. I sent an e-mail back saying I would like to book the suite. Margaret did not return mutiple phone messages or e-mails over the following week. When I finally reached her via her cell phone, she informed me that she had taken a 2 month booking the day after I had told her I wanted the suite! Essentially, we were bumped for a better offer and Margaret couldn't even be bothered to let us know! In the meantime, the cost of our flight went up and we were forced to look for alternate accommodations.

In short, the suite looks lovely--too bad the booking agent doesn't have manners to match.

• Stayed: January 2010
13  Thank TAP2010
Margaret O, Manager at Kitsilano Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

The person who complained first contacted me in early January 2010, the year of the Olympics in Vancouver. As we all know, Vancouver was the destination for the world for February 2010 and therefore inquiries for suites increased immensely and everyone was asking for the same two weeks of February. I had numerous daily inquiries for my two suites in Kitsilano for the Olympic period. The potential guest who complained only inquired about my availability and rates when they first contacted me and I had the dates available that they wanted. However, they did not book the suite nor did they put a deposit down on the suite. They stated they had to get their flight arrangements in order and would get back to me. Some time passed before they did this... it was more than a couple of days or so, it was more than a week. Unfortunately, when they did get back to me, I had booked the suite.
I never promised to hold the suite for them and when/if I do, I always inform people that they have 48 hours to get back to me. Contrary to what they are saying this person did not get back to me in a timely fashion and therefore they lost out on booking the suite. I did not raise my rates for the Olympics; I was offering a very good product for a reasonable rate and they did not make a decision on the spot. Because of their delay in making a commitment to me, they lost out and are now trying to ruin my business when it was their tardiness and lack of commitment that is the reason they did not get a booking.

Thank you, Margaret.

Reviewed 23 September 2009

My wife and I recently returned from a most enjoyable extended stay at the 1 bedroomed Kitsilano Garden Suite. The prime purpose of our visit was to attend our son's wedding in Vancouver, and subsequently we were accompanied by our daughter and her boyfriend, who stayed in the adjoining Studio Suite.
Both suites are exceptionally spacious and comfortable,and are very well equipped and spotlessly clean with lovely private gardens and seating areas.
, The friendly owners,Margaret and Nick keep a low profile, but gave us a good welcome and were very helpful whenever needs arose.
The location is ideal for anyone seeking self catering accommodation on their visit to Vancouver.It is situated in a quiet and select tree-lined street, just a short stroll from Jericho Beach and 4th Avenue, with its easy public transport access to Downtown .
Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tudorGb
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Stayed in the studio suite. Really nice and quite spacious, even with our 17-month old toddler running around. Well-furnished with all the kitchen things we needed to cook our own meals. Location was excellent, very quiet and just a couple of blocks from the beach and 3 blocks from 4th avenue to get buses and go to restaurants & shops. Only disappointment was that we went in February, so couldn't sit outside in the courtyard (would have been nice).

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family