Im a 40-something english guy who travels a reasonable amount for work and for pleasure. Stayed for 2 nights in June 2011 with a friend. CC Harbour punches above its weight / cost with v large stylish rooms, lovely service and good location
Things we liked about the hotel :
- we both had corner rooms with floor to ceiling glass windows. they felt posh and special. Def 5 star space. good beds and v well equipped ( I particularly liked the range of teas coffees inc proper filter coffee to go ). loved the free wifi, ipod doc and - a nice touch - 3 bins for recycling. ahead of the curve
- large, well equipped and clean bathrooms
- consistently lovely service. no question was unimportant to the front of house staff
Minor quibbles :
- SPARSE. the lobby felt cavernous, a bit loud and under-decorated. We arrived at the same time as a group and it felt like a bus station.Lifts felt like service lifts ie big and empty. The bathrooms were huge but again felt empty with no pictures / softening features. It wouldn't cost that much to fix that to make it feel like a 5 star hotel at a 4 star price. It just felt a little as tho the money had run out at that point.
- the valet parking was a bit expensive
- the breakfasts were good quality but - v un-n.american - too small - portions
- my room was cleaned v late one day.
Overall : v good value for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming and spacious, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is New Urban Style Hotel concept that combines city sophistication with West Coast comfort. It's fresh, it's modern, and it has Vancouver at its doorstep with the best of everything the city has to offer. Places like Stanley Park, Gastown, the Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver Convention Centre and the shopping district of Robson Street. The Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is an urban retreat in downtown Vancouver. With 20 storey's boasting 220 modern, spacious guest rooms and all the amenities you've come to expect from Coast Hotels. Each of the guest rooms at our downtown Vancouver hotel features floor-to-ceiling windows, Electric Bidet Seat(TOTO(R) Washlet), 55" flat screen TVs and traditional welcoming origami cranes, a symbol of hospitality. These high quality amenities are signature features of APA Hotel in Japan and unique to APA's Urban Style Hotel concept. Our rooms come with complimentary wireless Internet and a range of modern amenities. You'll also have access to our top-notch fitness center, pool and hot tub-not to mention our signature Prestons Restaurant + Lounge, the perfect spot to drink, dine and dish about your Vancouver experience. A 5,000 square foot ballroom and conference centre includes 20-foot-high north-facing windows accented by coloured glass, creating a bright and airy environment. Private boardrooms, business centre, fully equipped gym with locker room, and a landscaped roof deck with an outdoor lap pool and hot tub have been designed with your comfort in mind. We encourage you to come visit one of the newest hotels in downtown Vancouver. And to enjoy the best that our city has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.