“Every hotel should be like this!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #20 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Every hotel should be like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lovely rooms with high quality furnishings. Great location, great value, great staff, great rooms, great food, plus so many nice extra touches! I travel on business and stay at many high quality hotels, but they should all be like this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was my first stay at the Coast Coal Harbor and I must say the next time I am in the downtown area, I will be staying here again. The staff were always friendly from check-in to check-out and everything in between, over 5 days I was greeted by many friendly people. On arrival I was checked in quickly and received a great room with City and Harbour views on the top floor, the lady checking me in said she was going to find me a very nice room and she did just that, she even inquired how I liked the room later. The room itself was very clean, well laid out and was very comfortable. Any hotel that uses Starbucks coffee in the in room coffee makers also gets bonus points with me. At one point I also inquired about specific types of restaurants in the area and was directed accurately to two very good ones.
As it was more than a couple days I also took advantage of their gym when I could and found that also to be very clean and well laid out. They could use a little more upper body workout equipment but it is still a hotel gym so no points lost there!
I have stayed in many 5 star hotels with varying degrees of satisfaction, this one I will say for my tastes is one of the better ones. One of the nice things is the area where this hotel is, it is a mere block from the harbour front and seawall where you can walk, stroll, bike or run along the water's edge of one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Go the opposite direction and there are restaurants galor. A few blocks further the ever popular Robson St or the pacific Center Mall. Even Rogers arena is only about a 20-25 minute walk from here. You can walk the seawall straight into Stanly Park as well, it is about a 10 minute walk.
I only went to the restaurant attached to the hotel for breakfast, so for breakfasts, I would say it was ok, kind of standard fare all bit it a little over priced (like virtually all the hotel restaurants in the area) If you leave from the doors by the restaurant and go left, with in 2 minutes your will be at Moonpennies which serves lots of variety for about half the price (and tastes just as good).
Thanks for the great service! I will be returning.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

As it was to be our first trip to Vancouver BC, I had booked a surprise weekend Birthday trip for my wife in December 2013 and I chose the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel. Unfortunately, my wife got very sick and we had to cancel our trip. When I reached out to the hotel manager (Jeremy) he was able to secure the same rate for this month (Jan 2014) with no extra costs! To our surprise when we arrived last weekend, we were given an upgrade to a nicer room and had the option of free parking or free breakfast for the weekend!
The hotel is located near the water front and is situated in a nice part of town. The staff at the hotel, from the valet, to the door reception, to the check in, restaurant staff, housekeeping and everyone else here was OUTSTANDING. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on what's going on, where to go, how to get where you need to go, and helping to service you in any way they can. A phone call right after you check into your room from the front desk (checking to see if we liked our room - after the upgrade!) was a welcomed surprise.
The restaurant, Prestons, has a great staff and food was very good. My wife and I only ate breakfast one morning but the service was speedy, and the food was very good. We also had drinks on one evening as well.
Overall the hotel is 5 stars in my book - the rooms are well appointed, modern and clean. The guest services - pool, gym, accessories are all in very good order. I'm really glad that we stayed here for our first trip to Vancouver. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and they have made a 'raving fan' out of me - we're certain to come back and stay here again!

Room Tip: North Side Rooms on the upper floors will get you the best view of the harbor.
Powell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I had a night in the hotel. From the second we walked in the door it was amazing. Starting with the welcoming smiles of the staff. When we got to our room we were amazed at how comfortable and well laid out it was. It had everything we could have imagined. Our room had a patio and the view was breathtaking. We went for a dip in the pool and the hot tub, and loved both. Very clean, comfortable, even the temperature was perfect. The gym was fantastic. I wish I could have spent more time there. The restaurant was far above hotel restaurant quality. Fine dining at a great price. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Patios are on the 18th floor, the windows keep out almost all the sounds from the street below.
1 Thank Darryl J
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a great stay from start to finish thanks to Duty Manager Jeremy Poster whose effort to go above and beyond to be helpful were much appreciated. This hotel is modern, clean and well maintained. We found our room quite and had no issues with allergies - that has occurred in other hotels due to carpets/ air conditioning/cleaning products etc. The location is convenient to downtown Vancouver and the waterfront area.

For me what sets apart a good hotel from a great hotel is staff. Jeremy well done for making this hotel a great experience for us!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa B
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and have always had a good experience. The rooms are spacious and clean. Checkin and out is seamless, and the front desk and concierge staff are helpful and friendly. Good location for floatplane terminal and about 10 mins walk to the Skytrain or Pacific Centre.

Room Tip: I prefer the lower floors as I find the rooms very quiet.
2 Thank Alex76255
Kirkland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel a couple of years ago and had a great experience, so we chose to stay there again last weekend. Again we really enjoyed the Hotel. It has a great location between Stanley Park and the Downtown/Granville Street area, and is really near the seawall for an excellent walking experience. The bus system was convenient to the hotel, and it was a short walk to catch a bus to shopping on Robson Street, and Granville Island. It was also convenient to the waterfront station and the Seabus to Lonsdale Quay. Our room had a great view of Vancouver Harbour and Grouse Mountain as well as the tip of Stanley Park. The room was clean, quiet, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One of my favorite get-away experiences.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views.
3 Thank Stanley A
Kathryn M, Manager at Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Stanley A,
Thank you for returning to the Coast Coal Harbour and for recognizing us with 5 points on trip advisor. We hope you return much sooner than the last time so we can continue to grow a strong and loyal travel relationship with you.
Have a refreshing day,