“Great room, well located”

Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Near everything at walking distance from Canada Place and tons of restaurants. We got lucky and had a corner room on the 20th floor with a nice view over dowtown as well as a peek over the mountains between 2 brand new good looking skyscrapers. Full height windows from floor to ceiling gave us plenty of light even on rainy days (yeah... it's Vancouver). Bed very comfortable, very modern hotel with all you would expect. The onsite restaurant serves very tasty food that we strongly recommend. We would return to the Coal Coast anytime. Got a nice deal through a web travel site where we got 40% off regular price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank spmit2002
Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Travelled to Vancouver with my son for the Marathon on the first week-end of May. Had booked here as it's the offical hotel and right at the finish line, but would easily stay here again for the great location, comfortable rooms, pleasant amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank wdpreshi
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is great but the room I was in had a terrible bed. I am shocked that the core component was so terrible.

The TV is off to one side in the room. I had a king size bed. The side of the bed closest to the TV had a very defined slump - so much so that even trying to sleep on the 'unused' side of the bed was almost impossible.

Everything else was great though. Nice and clean.

If anyone can figure out how to get the floor lamp turned on please tell me!

Room Tip: Go visit the room first and check the bed out. The issue I had could have been just my room or perha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jensenbox
Reviewed 6 May 2014

While it doesn't have a gift shop or spa amenities, I found the hotel to be clean, staff to be friendly, cocktails to be delicious, the bed to be comforting, the soaking tub to be something I longed for in my own home, and the view to be calming and peaceful. It came at a price though, but I was completely satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank TurleySeattle
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After having stayed here in January for a week on business and experiencing exceptional customer service, I decided to book a room for 5 nights with the family for a little spring break get away in March, again there were no disappointments!

From check-in to check-out everything was as close to perfect as I could ask for, it's clean, it's classy (not pretentious), it's well decorated and most of all it's a very comfortable pace to stay. The staff are all friendly and quick to answer questions, get you a cab or give you directions. We stayed on the top floor and had a nice partial view of the city and also the harbour. The rooms are very clean and the beds very comfortable, as there were 4 of us (2 adults and two kids) two slept on the pull out sofa bed. The gym is great and they have a small pool & hot tub as well.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Vancouver, it's close to everything and being only 1 block from the seawall, it is just a beautiful area to be in. We decided to not rent a car this trip so we walked everywhere, with in a few minutes walk there is a huge abundance of restaurants, shops (including famous Robson St.), malls, theaters etc. Even Rogers arena and BC Place are just a 20 minute walk. For breakfast, their restaurant is very expensive (about $100 for the 4 of us) but there are a handful of good breakfast spots with in a 5 minute walk or less.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank frombeautifulBC
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for one night only - unfortunately, as I really loved it here. I booked n Expedia and without asking got a corner room, lovely, spacious, and comfortable. Lamps have sockets for your electronics which was very useful. My window came out on more skyscrapers, but that was OK as I didn't spend much time in the room anyway. Staff was courteous and helpful. There was a coffee machine equipped with a Starbucks coffee - a must for visitors from the East; I also had one of the supplied herbal teas, and it was good. I loved the bed - I had a king size with a lovely duvet. Bathroom was also spacious and comfortable. The only issue that would weigh weigh with had I been staying there longer, was the lack of a fridge. I would very strongly consider staying there again next time I am in Vancouver.
I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was slightly overpriced (but then it is in every Vancouver hotel), but tasty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mzj101
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Did not know this hotel chain from my previous visits to Canad but got a good deal directly from their reservation office.
Located a short walk from the train station and before you arrived to the hotel, you must pass some of the interesting places in Vancouver.
May roo, was nice but plain, with excellent bed, TV and modern and super clean bathroom with great shower.
The staff was super helpful and welcoming.
I stayed for 4 nights and used thefree busines scorner which provided internetand printing options.
I will definitely return if I travel to Vancouver again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo