We stayed one night, hubby and I and our 5yr old granddaughter.
1. Location - downtown Vancouver- 1 block to waterfront promenade
5 blocks to trendy shopping area- Robson Street
8 blocks to entrance Stanley Park
near Cruise Ship terminal
2..Getting there - Hotel is easy reach from Canada Line which comes from the airport, get off at the end of the line- Waterfront station, then 10 min walk to hotel. Also 10min walk from Cruise Ship terminal at Canada Place. These walks are on a scenic promenade along the waterfront. Avoid driving there if poss.-Parking is expensive - almost $40 incl.tax daily,
3.Hotel - fairly new, fast elevators, eco friendly - refillable soap dispensers etc in bathroom, bins for recycling in room etc. We stayed in lovely Superior rm - spacious corner rm, floor to ceiling glass windows,king bed, 2 comfy chairs with ottomans, wall mounted TV, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, bathrobes. Lots of views out those windows! And everything spotless! Pool and spa are off gym - small, nowhere to sit around pool area- only for swimming, not sunbathing.
4. Food - Restaurant in Hotel- Prestons- good but expensive. Lots of restaurants within walking distance- along waterfront, up on Robson street. We ate at White Spot- 10min walk..
5. What to do nearby - Stanley Park ( if adventurous can walk waterfront promenade which links up with Stanley Park seawall for hours of scenic walking/running)
Promenade-sit on a bench and watch continuous harbour activity-cruise ships bound for Alaska, float planes, commuter seabus, private yachts etc.
Water splash Park for young children - 1 block
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming and spacious, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is New Urban Style Hotel concept that combines city sophistication with West Coast comfort. It's fresh, it's modern, and it has Vancouver at its doorstep with the best of everything the city has to offer. Places like Stanley Park, Gastown, the Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver Convention Centre and the shopping district of Robson Street. The Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA is an urban retreat in downtown Vancouver. With 20 storey's boasting 220 modern, spacious guest rooms and all the amenities you've come to expect from Coast Hotels. Each of the guest rooms at our downtown Vancouver hotel features floor-to-ceiling windows, Electric Bidet Seat(TOTO(R) Washlet), 55" flat screen TVs and traditional welcoming origami cranes, a symbol of hospitality. These high quality amenities are signature features of APA Hotel in Japan and unique to APA's Urban Style Hotel concept. Our rooms come with complimentary wireless Internet and a range of modern amenities. You'll also have access to our top-notch fitness center, pool and hot tub-not to mention our signature Prestons Restaurant + Lounge, the perfect spot to drink, dine and dish about your Vancouver experience. A 5,000 square foot ballroom and conference centre includes 20-foot-high north-facing windows accented by coloured glass, creating a bright and airy environment. Private boardrooms, business centre, fully equipped gym with locker room, and a landscaped roof deck with an outdoor lap pool and hot tub have been designed with your comfort in mind. We encourage you to come visit one of the newest hotels in downtown Vancouver. And to enjoy the best that our city has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Coast Coal Harbour Hotel by APA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.