“Another Excellent Stay”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was our second stay at the beautiful Pacific Rim. It was a one night get away for my wife and I. Using my PC certiificates I got an upgrade to a suite. It was a one bedroom suite with a view of the harbour and Stanley Park. We were very surprised upon entering the suite to find that it had two bathrooms. The "guest" bathroom off the living room had a shower that was at least 8 feet long - 4 people could have showered in there without touching! The ensuite had another shower, huge soaker tub, double sinks, and the TV in the mirror. (Not to mention the floor to ceiling window).

It has been about 18 months since our last stay and although I still give the hotel an excellent rating, I did notice that the room and hallways did not not seem to be as clean as they were during out last stay. Housekeeping seems to have slipped a bit.

The only other issue that we encountered was loud music coming from either the residences above us or from a night club 20 stories below. It actually started around 11 pm and went to after 2 am. Although we eventually fell asleep, the music did awaken us several times until it stopped.

Other than that another fantastic stay at the most technologically advance hotel that I know of.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the southwest side, especially on the weekends due to noise from surrounding streets.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim again during your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you were able to use your FPC Upgrade certificate and enjoyed your suite! We are sorry to hear there was noise that disrupted your sleep and we are working with the Residences to ensure a prompter resolution in the unlikely event this happens again. We very much value your feedback and are looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future for a relaxing stay!

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,182)

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I spent one night here between Christmas and New Year’s. This hotel has beautiful contemporary rooms and stylistically, is nothing like other Fairmonts. I had a standard room and it was a large L-shaped room with a stunning bathroom. The hotel was lovely and quiet and the service was extremely professional. I was a little... cranky and the staff were very patient.

The fitness club was a little dark and ho-hum. The ambiance in the lobby lounge was adequate, but not amazing. The food and drinks however, were great.

This hotel is definitely in the top two or three for Vancouver and I would jump at the chance to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was our second time staying at this property, this place is amazing. The cleanliness, the service, the atmoshere were all top notch. The rooms are extremely quiet, and the decor is very modern with plenty of room to move around. The rooms have any amenity that you could want, right down to the TV which is part of the mirror in the oversized bathing/showing area. The beds are extremely comfortable, coupled with different pillows to suit your sleeping needs. The breakfast buffet is very good with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, with plenty of drink choices.
The hotel location is very close to the waterfront (across the street) this is the perfect location should a person be leaving on a cruise ship. It is within walking distance to Gastown, and the "Canada Line" should you be coming or going from the Airport. Our Limo ride form the Airport was roughly 20 - 30 minutes.
This hotel is roughly a 5 minute drive to Rogers Arena, should you be attending a venue at the arena.
We will definately stay at this hotel again, this property is very popular and it has been sold out on a couple of occassions in the past when I have phoned to reserve.
So book early........... and enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeckerKamloops

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim again during your travels to Vancouver! We sincerely appreciate the continued support and are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I will begin by admitting that I love the Fairmont chain, that's not to say that I haven't ever been given a room that could have used a little updating or one that was noisy because it was too close to the elevator but I love the Fairmont chain because they clearly value great service and empower their employees to provide it.

Upon checking into the Fairmont Pacific Rim, I discovered that my laptop had been stolen out of my rental car sometime earlier that day. The theft had nothing at all to do with the hotel however they simply decided that they should to their best to try to brighten my day. I was paying for a basic Fairmont room but using a room update coupon that I had as a president's club perk. The kind young man at the front desk decided that he would give me room two upgrades up from the one I should have received and we ended up on the 18th floor with a spectacular harbour view.

Now I will say that if you like the character and charm of the old Fairmont hotels, this is a departure from that style. This hotel is modern and sleek. At the push of button, you can open and close your drapes, change the lighting from "welcome" to "relax" mode and let housekeeping know that you want privacy in the morning. The bathroom has a dreamy soaker tub that you can relax in while watching the TV built into the mirror. The room also had a kit full of connectors which would allow you connect your electronic devises to the large HD television - this was very handy as my cell phone charger had been on my laptop bag.

Despite the great surrounding, my luck hadn't completely changed. While unpacking, I discovered that I had left a jacket behind at the Fairmont Whistler where I stayed the night before. I went down to the front desk and was helped by a different staff member. I told her about my jacket and asked if the hotel might be able to get it to Vancouver for me. This young lady told me that she was headed up to Whistler on a personal trip the next day and that she would be happy to pick it up and bring to Vancouver for me.
At this point we decided to take advantage of the "Dine Vancouver" $28 three-course menu at the restaurant. Once seated our friendly waitress, took our orders. When the two glasses of wine we had ordered arrived, she told us that she had heard about the laptop theft and the two glasses of wine were on the house. The meal was terrific, especially the short ribs. The wine list was extensive and included many wines by the glass including some reasonably priced wines at around $12 glass.

Now given this stellar service, you may think that perhaps, we are big spenders who frequent the Fairmont regularly but in fact we only stay about 8 nights per year but we do make a point of trying to spend a few nights in a Fairmont when we are in city that has one. We have had the occasionally less than satisfactory situation but typically all you have to do is let a staff member know that you are unhappy and the problem will be solved.

So clearly, I give this hotel top marks for customer service. I can also say that the hotel public areas are remarkably beautiful with a very modern clean look. This can however make the lobby a bit noisy when the lounge is full however I felt this gave the place a high energy feel that was very “big city”. The rooms (especially the beds) are very comfortable and provide all the amenities one could ask for. I’m definitely still hooked on Fairmont.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank packed_bags
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Best choice in vancouver, great location right by the harbour, beautiful views, nice front desk staff .Got upgraded to a pool facing room, very spacious with two queen beds, large bathroom, very modern , well equipped, very clean and nicely decorated.Service was good, breakfast buffet excellent.A very nice hotel...I'll be back

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and your Deluxe Poolview accommodation. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the future!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

In past reviews I had had some issues with Fairmont's. However this hotel exceeded all expectations. Booked three for 4 nights for my staff from the US and Mexico. The rooms were amazing. Quiet, well laid out and clean. Service was excellent. The only recommendation is that you book the breakfast package. Breakfast "al a carte" is insanely expensive. Other than that enjoy the views and close p[roximity to downtown Vancouver

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim while on business in Vancouver, November 2011. I was very impressed by this hotel, in fact I think it is my new favourite in Canada! The design of this hotel is beautiful - modern, but organic with plenty of warm-toned millwork throughout.

The rooms are not only beautiful and comfortable, but are technically advanced. The computerized room lighting has different "scenes" depending on your activity or time of day. There is a comprehensive connection center to enable use of the TV with your laptop or portable media player. The in-room music system is very good. Each room has a Nespresso espresso machine, which makes me feel at home! The only quibble I have with room design is that the lighting panels are not backlit at night, so it is difficult to select the desired lighting scene.

Service was generally excellent. The only time I had trouble was when I had forgotten my running shorts at home and I ordered a loaner pair through "Fairmont Fit" room service. I only had an hour to work out, and the shorts took too long to arrive so I couldn't work out that day.

The Milanese bakery on the main floor becomes a very nice wine bar at night. I ordered a wine flight which came with a sommelier-selected match of cheeses and condiments. The sommellier brought the items to my table and gave me a full explanation, including a description of the regions of Italy they hailed from. A memorable experience!

The gym is well-equipped with modern machines. The spa is excellent (though pricey). There is an outdoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool and sauna.

Overall, 5 stars! I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a harbour view room. The vista is beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy T

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim in your recent travels to Vancouver. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and consider it your favourite hotel in Canada! We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim on your next travels to Vancouver!