“Just Fabulous”

Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just Fabulous”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in mid-May 2013. Bottom line is that this is a wonderful hotel in all aspects. Beautiful inside and out, exceptionally clean and quiet. All the staff were friendly and attentive. Our room on the 14th floor had a panoramic view of the harbor and snow capped mountains in the distance. The room was super clean, quiet, chic, and high tech. The spa was wonderful and highly recommended. All in all I give this property my highest rating - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely appreciate your comments and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Willow Stream Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

What an incredible experience we just had at the Fairmont Pacific Rim! as we were staying in downtown Vancouver celebrating my husband's 60th birthday and taking in the much anticipated Fleetwood Mac concert on May 19th, we decided to stay at Pacific Rim. We already loved the rooms, location, amenities and service from past experiences through the BC Tourism Network, and made the decision that they could make this special occasion happen.
I called for an upgraded room and decided on the Gold Floor as it had a private lounge, beautiful views, and a snack bar, honour bar, and recommended enhanced continental breakfast. I was so glad with that decision!
I first spoke with Matthew to help create a special 'entrance' for my
husband in the room. I requested some roses, and an ice bucket ready for some special wine I was bringing. He suggested he'd print some Fleetwood Mac pix in the room, and asked me to email some scanned photos of my husband as well for the room. I did so, and when we arrived we were taken care of so carefully (and with careful discretion so as not to spoil the surprise). When we got to the room my hubby was actually brought to tears... Also in the ice bucket was a bottle of champagne! A little later a staff member showed up with some candies, then later with a personalized chocolate birthday cake.
Cynthia took over the 'project' from Matthew to place the pictures in the room and display everything, and the job was outstanding. All the staff were so excited to hear the results. After a terrific sleep on the most comfortable, lush bed after a wonderful bath, we slept well and enjoyed a
breakfast in the morning that was much more than expected - well worth the upgrade. Excellent quality and service.
Before the concert, we had dinner with my husband's boss and her husband, and dinner at Oru was exceptional! We had appetizers, salads, entrees, fine wine, desserts and cappuccinos. Again, service, quality and ambiance were second to none. Try the sablefish and spot prawns! We were even able to take the beautiful roses home with their compliments.
This was truly a memorable experience, and I will recommend the Fairmont Pacific Rim to the many visitors and friends I come in contact with, both through the tourism industry and in our personal lives.
I want to make special commendations to: Matthew (concierge), and Fairmont Gold Supervisors; Cynthia Frade, James Van, and Lucinda Evans, as well as the wonderful hospitable staff at your hotel. Kudos to you all, we so look forward to returning!
Anne & Mike F, White Rock, BC

Room Tip: Pay the extra price for a harbour view!
1 Thank birdofparadisegs
Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim as the destination for your special occasion. We are delighted your birthday surprise went off without a hitch, and we’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold! Our team will be delighted to hear your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. Our room was well equipped and had an excellent view of the harbour and downtown. The bathroom was very fancy, as others have noted. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was the beautiful pool that is open year round. The pool was indeed pleasant, but smaller than I would have expected based on the photos, and the area around the pool feels a little cramped due to cabanas and rooms/apartments that closely surround the pool area. The hot tub is quite large and very nice. We were somewhat disappointed in the quality of the baked goods we picked up for breakfast at the cafe downstairs (Giovane) - just not that fresh or tasty. I'm glad we visited this hotel - it was fun and special, but I also don't think we need to return, given the price.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary staying in the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel. The company went the extra mile to make our stay special. Cards, champagne ant treats. Beautiful room and a beautiful view.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Oink2
Happy 25th Anniversary! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your anniversary stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Maple Ridge District Municipality, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We spent the first two nights of our honeymoon here and loved every minute.

They welcomed us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and the staff were so friendly! Every room is equipped with an IPad which you can use to order room service, close the blinds, turn off the lights or check the weather.

The food is amazing and if you don't want to eat there every night (as it is rather expensive) you are steps from the brand new cactus club with an ocean view. And you are close to lots of other places too! Esp the BEST Gelato place ever!

The staff were beyond accommodating and at one point my husband wanted to figure out how to play something off our laptop onto to TV and they sent a technician upstairs to aid him. The only down side to all the technology the room has to offer is that their Ipads are outdated - I couldn't play my Iphone5 through the stereo.

We did love our stay here and would definitely stay there again. The check out was hard on the bank account (but we knew it would be). We did pay two nights valet parking, and would recommend just finding other parking but it was nice to know our truck was safe with our luggage inside.

This is a great hotel, and we will come back. The rooms are a GREAT size with a wonderful soaker tub and large shower. And the view was incredible.

Room Tip: Our room was amazing (room 1411) - close to the elevator but we didnt hear one thing! and amazing o...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim as the destination for your honeymoon! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during your visit to Vancouver and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Pristina, Kosovo
Reviewed 15 May 2013

A great hotel in a fantastic location. One of the best I have stayed in during 35 years of global travel. Lots of wow factors - the views from the top floors, the service, the breakfast, the gym, the spa and the very friendly door men. The room was fully equipped with wifi, connections and sockets for all modern gadgetry and remote controlled audio visual equipment, curtains and lights. There was entertainment in the bar and lobby area every evening and the range of drinks, the wine list and the restaurant menu were all top class. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: As high as possible to get a room with an amazing view over the bay.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have been very lucky to stay in a series of beautiful hotels during my travels (Four Seasons, Fairmonts, Ritz Carltons, Park Hyatts, Luxury Collection, etc.) This is easily one of top two or three hotels in which I have ever stayed. It is decadently luxurious with a friendly, caring staff who really worked hard to make sure that I enjoyed myself on my first visit to Vancouver.

I stayed here as part of a 7000 mile roundtrip going roundtrip from the East Coast of the United States through the Canadian Rockies and to Vancouver. I also chose the hotel because it was adjacent to the cruise ship terminal (the hotel overlooks the terminal itself) and I was able to meet a friend coming off a ship during my stay.

Finding the hotel was a small challenge as another Fairmont property is only about 500 meters from the hotel. So I arrived at the wrong property and was confused and quite annoyed when they couldn't find my reservation. The staff quickly realized the confusion and directed me to the appropriate property. Just to avoid this mixup in the future call ahead and get precise directions as my GPS was useless in that particular area of town.

I arrived and was greeted by an array of doormen, bellman, etc. all of whom qualified as young, hip, attractive, etc. dressed in modern black and grey suit coats and black shirts. Pulling up in a pick up truck that had just gone 3300+ miles across the US and Canada, I was slightly fearful that service might be pretentious and unwelcoming. I am pleased to say that these fears were completely unjustified as one after another of the staff members very kindly helped me throughout my stay.

Prior to arriving I corresponded with the concierge regarding some recommendations in Vancouver and arranging a few basic services. Emails from the concierge staff were always prompt, professional, and answered my questions. When I arrived I introduced myself to the concierge staff and thanked them for their help. They clearly knew who I was and recalled my questions and their responses.

I found a special promotional rate which, if I remember properly was stay 3 nights and pay for 2 or stay 4 nights and pay for 3, something along those lines. I chose a Signature Orfuro room, which featured an enormously deep full marble soaking tub. Rooms feature a brown/grey/black color scheme with a tremendous number of wood and leather accents, which really evoked a sense that travelers are in the Pacific Northwest. This color scheme is off set by tremendous floor to ceiling windows in both the bedroom and bathroom, which simply flooded the room with light. My particular room was a corner room so the bedroom overlooked the cruise terminal and the bathroom overlooked both the cruise terminal and to the side a small green field.

Both rooms featured electronic touch screen controls for lights, DND, and to open and close the curtains and shades. My room features a small sitting area with a couch as well as a work area with a leather office chair. Bathrooms had his and hers vanities soaking tub, shower cabin, and separate toilet. I have never seen so much marble in any hotel bathroom in my life. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever used. While pictures on TA are generally accurate they can make some of the room look a bit drab. I think it is fair to say the rooms are brighter than some photos portray them to be.

The entire room was kept spotlessly clean during my stay. Requests from the front desk, room service, housekeeping, were handled quickly and professionally. This high level of service continued throughout my stay. But a few members of the staff really went above and beyond.

I was meeting a friend coming off a cruise ship and we were celebrating her birthday. I had spent the last few days running around getting a variety of gifts. I asked the concierge staff if they could arrange to have the gifts wrapped and both the concierge staff and a wonderful young lady from the flower shop did just an exquisite job and made it truly special for my friend. They have my continued gratitude. They did this so efficiently, so cheerfully, and so effortlessly; I really was amazed.

I normally don't go to spas but I did schedule one of the businessman's anti stress packages which I think was a manicure, a foot and leg massage, and another treatment. This is not normally something I would enjoy but I found staff to be friendly, professional, and the whole experience relaxing.

All this luxury is certainly not cheap but at least for me the Fairmont Pacific Rim provided a level of luxury and service which really was of a once or twice in a lifetime quality. If you can fit this hotel into your budget I am sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank twainandwhitman
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim as one of the stops along your 7000 mile trip. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver!