“5* Plus Plus! Attention to Detail - amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Pacific Rim

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Ontario
“5* Plus Plus! Attention to Detail - amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Let me just say - WOW!
From the moment I woke up that day and received my pre-check in e-mail from the Fairmont, until I went to bed that night - I felt special. Like royalty, really.
I was in Vancouver for 3 nights and had the pleasure of staying at this world-class, first-class hotel.
The doorman, Patrick (I believe his name was) had a smile on his face every time I saw him. He greeted me each day with a warm welcome and "have a nice day". This hotel really shows what giving good...no, GREAT, customer service -- that is what it's all about. I travel alot for work and I have never received such amazing service.
After a long drive through the mountains from Kelowna, we checked in - greeted by name, no less. We were checked in, in under 5 minutes and on our way to our room. Once in my room - again, first class, I spent a few moments unpacking before heading out to take in the city while we were still had day light (and to go out for dinner).
On my return from dinner and strolling around Gastown, I returned to my room. When I opened the door: soft music was playing, the curtains on the floor to ceiling windows were drawn, lights were dimly lit, a fresh bottle of sparkling water on ice, the huge, modern bathroom had the spa lighting set with the mirror-tv set on the weather network; did I mention the slippers set beside the turned-down bed? They have absolutely thought of everything!
I was absolutely delighted with this -- I was exhausted - so, I grabbed my plush bathrobe provided, and relaxed on the comfortable chair, sipping the sparkling water provided.
My second night, I enjoyed a glass of wine in the lobby bar area, after a day at work. The musician playing that night was professional and very enjoyable.
The location of this hotel is also fantastic --- can walk anywhere. My colleague and I walked to Gastown, took the seabus to North-Vancouver one evening, and on our last day, walked for hours along the harbour front. Also, it is just accross the street to catch the Sea-plane which will take you to Victoria.
Our last evening there was a beautiful September (& warm) evening. We snuck some of wine up to the 6th floor (or was it the 5th) where the outdoor heated pool and hot tub were. We had this area to ourselves - and enjoyed the city and harbour view while we swam, and relaxed in the tub. (during summer months - there is an outdoor cabana bar there - which was closed when we visited)
Let me just say - if it is in your budget - this establishment is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget - any room will do!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank McFadKim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a delight to walk into the Fairmont Pacific Rim! The decor is modern and fresh!
Our room had a Romeo and Juliette balcony over looking the ocean, mountains, and Convention Center. The room was exquisite; modern, well appointed, and a true spa-like bathroom!
The hotel's restaurant was perfect! Great menu with deliciously prepared entrees.
We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. No need for taxis. A must stay for anyone visiting Vancouver!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining at ORU Cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Excellent hotel near the waterfront. The staff made our 3 night stay very enjoyable and the rooms are very high tech. My wife and I enjoyed the free bikes to ride to Stanley Park and have lunch at the Tea House.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2pugs2010
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had an excellent stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Everything was perfect. I checked into my room and there was some nce music playing lightly. The lighting was very relaxing. I had a perfect view from my room of the harbor between the convention center. I was so impressed with this place and was worth every penny spent. Of course being able to control features in the room with the iPad was pretty cool in itself, but a TV in the bathroom mirror, now that was cool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank James F
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President,Pacific Northwest
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I will definitely return to the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Every aspect of the hotel, from the doormen, to check-in and concierge to the rooms and the lovely lounge were wonderful. Both our suite and my brother's standard room were beautiful and modern. The spa and pool were terrific and the location is fantastic. The lounge has great drinks, a beautiful fireplace and live music. The cheerful professionalism was top-rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex L
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Every need catered for, so clean and new looking it could have opened yesterday. Helpful and friendly staff despite the fact my husband and I were in jeans and jumpers for the week (some hotels can treat you as second class for being casual on holiday- not this one). The only downside for me was that the lights and curtains were remote controlled, every time I tried to turn the lights on I opened or closed the curtains which was funny at first but became tedious after a couple of days. Overall, this is expensive, but fabulous if you can afford it (check out comparison sites for best deals).

Room Tip: Best rooms have views over the waterfront.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Olf82
Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback; we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim again in the future.

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the pacific rim for a night with a couple of my friends, best modern hotel room i've stayed at so far! the room amenities blew me away! In room ipad control (with a personalized greeting when u first use it) that controls the room temperature, curtains and lighting, the bathroom tv, soak tub, rainshower head in the shower, fully stocked mini bar, it has everything you need! And of course, not to forget the view! The room i stayed at is on 17th floor and it has a gorgeous view of the harbour! The giovane cafe on the ground floor is perfect for breakfast on the go and for some gift shopping for your loved ones. The lounge has a really posh ambiance with live acoustic performance every night. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013