“Almost too perfect.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Almost too perfect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Good location. Lobby was busy and wasn't immediately apparent where to check in (there was no employee at an empty counter. The lobby restaurant generates a lot of noise...it was difficult to hear the staff, once he did arrive. Room was nice, comfy. Electric controls and curtain controls have a small print...in a dark room difficult to figure out for a first time visitor. Bathroom was great - size, layout, look. Heating fan was noisy. Noise from next door was noticeable. Internet is not free...ridiculous for a hotel at this price range! Overall - very nice, expensive but almost too sterile and could improve on traffic flow at the entrance and room noise.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent travels. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and review and sharing your feedback. We will certainly follow up with our team regarding your arrival experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President,Pacific Northwest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
westlake village
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I haven't been back here since the Olympics. I didn't think it could get better but it did. Rooms are great! Very modern feel and love the iPad upgrade for services.
The bar downstairs is packed with a great vibe. A little skinny on the pour though.
My only complaint is the shower. Now this might be personal preference but I can't stand overheads that drip cold water when your not using that spout.
Overall a fantastic stay in a beautiful spot.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to a weekend downtown and we are so glad we chose to stay at the Pacific Rim. It is a beautiful property in the heart of downtown Vancouver. When you step in the hotel, the smell even smells luxurious. The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel and local area. Our room was gorgeous with a great view of the harbor. We ate in the lobby lounge and Oru, both nice experiences with westcoast cusisine and a great wine list. It was a great weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim during your recent staycation. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining experience at ORU Cuisine and The Lobby Lounge. Our team will be thrilled to hear your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a lovely stay here. Booked the suite when it was on sale in summer (therefore had an amazing deal!) Has a grand & posh looking lobby, friendly staff and great location. Our suite was very spacious and we had an amazing view of the mountains & Stanley park! The rooms were quite hi-tech. Buttons can be controlled via iPad (which sometimes can be tricky!). Loved the TV in the mirror in our ensuite! No negative comments on our stay at all. Would stay here again if the opportunity comes!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor with Mountain & Stanley Park view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nothing less from a Fairmont. Great service from check in to check out. Cozy and comfortable. The Spa is worth a visit. Love the in-mirror tv in the bathroom. Gelato store is great. Very good location by the waterfront.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mstsc
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Let me just say - WOW!
From the moment I woke up that day and received my pre-check in e-mail from the Fairmont, until I went to bed that night - I felt special. Like royalty, really.
I was in Vancouver for 3 nights and had the pleasure of staying at this world-class, first-class hotel.
The doorman, Patrick (I believe his name was) had a smile on his face every time I saw him. He greeted me each day with a warm welcome and "have a nice day". This hotel really shows what giving good...no, GREAT, customer service -- that is what it's all about. I travel alot for work and I have never received such amazing service.
After a long drive through the mountains from Kelowna, we checked in - greeted by name, no less. We were checked in, in under 5 minutes and on our way to our room. Once in my room - again, first class, I spent a few moments unpacking before heading out to take in the city while we were still had day light (and to go out for dinner).
On my return from dinner and strolling around Gastown, I returned to my room. When I opened the door: soft music was playing, the curtains on the floor to ceiling windows were drawn, lights were dimly lit, a fresh bottle of sparkling water on ice, the huge, modern bathroom had the spa lighting set with the mirror-tv set on the weather network; did I mention the slippers set beside the turned-down bed? They have absolutely thought of everything!
I was absolutely delighted with this -- I was exhausted - so, I grabbed my plush bathrobe provided, and relaxed on the comfortable chair, sipping the sparkling water provided.
My second night, I enjoyed a glass of wine in the lobby bar area, after a day at work. The musician playing that night was professional and very enjoyable.
The location of this hotel is also fantastic --- can walk anywhere. My colleague and I walked to Gastown, took the seabus to North-Vancouver one evening, and on our last day, walked for hours along the harbour front. Also, it is just accross the street to catch the Sea-plane which will take you to Victoria.
Our last evening there was a beautiful September (& warm) evening. We snuck some of wine up to the 6th floor (or was it the 5th) where the outdoor heated pool and hot tub were. We had this area to ourselves - and enjoyed the city and harbour view while we swam, and relaxed in the tub. (during summer months - there is an outdoor cabana bar there - which was closed when we visited)
Let me just say - if it is in your budget - this establishment is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget - any room will do!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank McFadKim
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a delight to walk into the Fairmont Pacific Rim! The decor is modern and fresh!
Our room had a Romeo and Juliette balcony over looking the ocean, mountains, and Convention Center. The room was exquisite; modern, well appointed, and a true spa-like bathroom!
The hotel's restaurant was perfect! Great menu with deliciously prepared entrees.
We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. No need for taxis. A must stay for anyone visiting Vancouver!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining at ORU Cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future.