“Outstanding Location and Service”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Rim is a new hotel having only been there for a few years. This shows in the quality of the rooms and fittings.It has a very attractive coffee bar with excellent food.This turns into a wine bar in the evening with similarily excellent food.
The location is in Canada Place which provides great views over the cruise terminal towards the mountains, you can walk to the cruise terminal in under 5 minutes.There are lots of other restaurants nearby.
It also provides a very trendy bar area with live music most afternoons and evenings.
Staff are very helpful and do go that extra mile.It also has a very nice outside pool area and separate gym.It can also provide bikes if you wish to explore further!!
Food in the main restaurant " Oru " was also of a high standard, but if you are partial to wine be careful as it would not be difficult to end up having an expensive evening.
A great choice if you want to be near the action in downtown Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with harbour / mountains view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities and live entertainment in the outlets at Fairmont Pacific Rim. We hope you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Philip M. Barnes
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Pacific Rim

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The negatives - expensive, trendy (creepy video playing in the bar - a women being still in a pond), complimentary car was not available when needed and only operated in a small area, and no electrical plugs on the night stands. The positives - beautiful room with great style, furnishings and view (we stayed in a Coal Harbour corner suite). The suite included two bathrooms with a good sized bedroom area, and a good sized sitting area (which had a sofa sleeper). The main bathroom was amazing with a huge tub and decent view of some other buildings. There was a tv built into the mirror - major wow factor for my daughter, and honestly for me too. The pool area was small but stylish and useful. The bar area included some great sitting areas with a very cool fireplace, My daughter and I greatly enjoyed the complimentary bicycles and rode around Stanley Park (took us about an hour and a quarter). The hotel is in a great location - close to other restaurants and Stanley Park. The Coal Harbour suite is one of our favorite hotel rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and we will be sure to provide your feedback to our team. We are thrilled to hear you and your daughter enjoyed the BMW bike ride from the hotel to Stanley Park. We hope you had a wonderful time in Vancouver and we hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

In the last month I have been to Washington, New York, and then Vancouver for business. When I arrived at the Pacific Rim, it was about 10 in the morning and I expected to check my bags and then work from the restaurant. To my pleasant surprise, the doorman asked for my name, and within 2 minutes presented a card for my room. I was checked in within 2 minutes!

This hotel is technologically ahead of the curve. An ipad in the room controls the drapes, lights, termperature, room service, do not disturb, walke up calls and even your newspaper of choice. When I set the room temperature, the room stayed at that temperature without variation for my 2 day stay. I was able to scroll through menu items including the wine list and order room service with the ipad.

In the bathroom, an in mirror imbedded television allows you to watch your favorite show while getting reading. The tv in the main room has surround sound yet I never heard the tv from any of the adjoining rooms.

The location of the hotel is perfect. I had a great view of the Vancouver harbour and I was able to walk to my meetings in 10 minutes. The concierge directed me to a great running route that takes you to Stanley Park very quickly.

The food was excellent, the hotel was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. This is a five star hotel in every way. Congratulations to the Fairmont Pacific Rim.

Room Tip: Higher floors give better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Pacific Rim on your last leg of your business trip and we are pleased to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy the seawall from the hotel to Stanley Park – a popular route for many local and visiting runners! Please do not hesitate to contact us at VPR.Concierge@Fairmont.com and we would be happy to recommend other popular running routes and outdoor activities available nearby. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We knew we off to a good start when Robin (valet) was so nice on welcoming us to the hotel as we arrived. At check in we reviewed our upgrades and Stefani (porter) gave us lots of ideas for dinner places. The room was immaculate and modern with a great view of the pool and port. Rebecca (concierge) helped us with some fun activities and to our surprise the hotel has bicycles for use. Everyone was very attentive and cordial... Always looking at you in the eyes when say good-morning or good day. Eye contact very important and they know it. Love the car service too! Must do: bicycle around Stanley Park and jet ski on the bay! Super fun!

Room Tip: West wing has view of the pool and the port. The east wing has view of the pool & the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind compliments on your most recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and will be sure to share your kind words with our team. We look forward to your next stay with Fairmont Pacific Rim in the near future!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I just checked in for pre cruise. Service is amazing. We booked the king room as 2 queens are not available but they brought pillow top twin bed rollaway for $50. It's well worth it.

Main dining "Oru" brought coloring kit, small crafts and maze for our kids. There are so many kids for pre cruising, you don't feel fad about eating at the restaurant.

My room was signature harbor view on the 11th floor. Room is good size, similar to other hotel in same class. Very comfortable pillow top bed and good linens, very modern bathroom. View was not as spectacular as I thought, just ok. My room was near the elevator and hear elevator "ding" noise whenever elevator stops even when we were sleeping.

Other than that service was excellent and I am very happy with our stay.
I would definitely come back again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback on TripAdvisor from your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our amenities and Signature Harbour Mountain View Rooms as they are a favourite for many of our guests! We hope you and the family had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Awesome view of fireworks...beautiful harbour view...
All Staff are very friendly and helpful...I love the "Green water bottl" it.s a glass bottle instead of plastic...that make me happy. I think Fairmont got the great location....

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

We are glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy the fireworks from your harbour view guest room. We look forward to having you with us again at Fairmont Pacific Rim!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I have had the pleasure of many extended visits to Vancouver and it’s luxury hotels over several decades. During several summers, we’ve booked 60 or more room days in Vancouver. This trip we choose the Fairmont Pac Rim to try something new.

The location is good, and if you book a higher floor water view room, it’s hard to go wrong. The first challenge for us was booking a room on Fairmont’s website!

We tried booking using the Fairmont website the day before we left. I entered the five days of our stay and then was prompted to select the available room category we wanted. Next I was prompted for our all of our contact information, then another screen for credit card info. After all the info was entered a third-screen prompted us that our room category was not available and to go back to square one! Second try same result.

I then called the Fairmont call center but was informed the category was indeed booked. At the same time, I had another browser window open with Expedia (not my favorite travel website) that not only showed my room category as available, but at a lower price. The reservation agent suggested I book with Expedia as they book blocks of rooms and Expedia gets better inventory than Fairmont.

Before our arrival, I emailed the hotel asking to add a daily breakfast package as shown on their website (saves 50% from regular breakfast buffet prices). The hotel responded six hours later asking if I wanted this added and I replied “yes.” Hours later I received an auto-reply email from the hotel; "offices closed on Saturday and Sunday."

At our first breakfast, it took about 30-minutes in the restaurant for them to accept that yes I was due the breakfast package (I showed them the email on my phone). They wanted us to wait even longer after breakfast for a manager, but I declined and they finally agreed to adjust our daily breakfast for two from $66 to $33.

Upon arrival, the Concierge told us that the $15 daily Internet fee would be waved if we signed up for the Fairmont President’s Club, which we did. She did not tell us however that Apple devices in the hotel had issues with their firewall, and we had to call their support line. Before we could get the issue resolved on day three, we had incurred $150 in out-of-country roaming charges. Even then, the hotel Internet connection was extremely slow and unusable at times.

Further, we were told by support that whatever time you login for the first time you are only allowed 24 hours before incurring charges–so check in at 11AM and you are out of luck at 11:05 on checkout day.

On the plus side, the front of the house staff in general was very good although it seemed the hotel was a bit understaffed at several positions including the Concierge.

The hotel’s BMW bikes were great for Stanley Park (President’s Club members get free use), and the hotel offers courtesy cars for downtown trips around town.

The lobby lounge and restaurant was good save for horrible acoustics whenever the lobby area was full of convention crowds, which is was for three of our five day stay.

My wife enjoyed a wonderful spa message ($245) on our visit (again President’s Club guests get a discount).

Our Premium Water View King room was excellent except for very poor lighting in the bathroom and again the slow Internet.

We likely will give the Fairmont Pacific Rim a second try next month providing the hotels Internet and booking issues are resolved. As a side note, when I mentioned the booking issues to the front desk and Concierge they didn't seem to have been trained to handle or communicate the issue to management.

Room Tip: High floor water view rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the views from our guest rooms and the BMW bike service, however regret to hear you experienced challenges during the online booking process and were inconvenienced when trying to connect to Wi-Fi. I would welcome you to contact me directly at Philip.Barnes@fairmont.com should you wish to discuss your experience in further detail and to assist with your future booking. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Fairmont Pacific Rim soon!