3,480 results
All reviews bathroom mirror lobby lounge oru restaurant willow stream spa bmw bikes stanley park high tech gold floor car service convention center canada place room service beautiful hotel corner suite coal harbour turn down service rain shower
Reviewed 19 June 2018

As another review said, this place is beautiful. I won't bore you with the amenities that you already have read over and over again. What I will say is that if you dress casually you may not get the same treatment as others who are dressed more professionally. When my husband and I were at the pool we found a vacant table to sit. We saw other tables being waited on and assumed that we would be waited on as well. Ten minutes later three business men in three piece suits in 90 degree heat came and sat at a table next to us. They were immediately waited on. I had to get up, go to the bar, ask for water and our drink orders. I was not able to wait at the bar for the drinks but rather was told to go sit down and they would bring it to us. It truly made me feel as though I just didn't belong. Sad really. The next morning we want to the Fairmont Vancouver and had breakfast. Though that hotel is older and has a very very elegant feel we were very welcomed. If I had to choose again I would go with the Fairmont Vancouver not the Pacific Rim.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed that we were not able to create an exceptional experience for you. This is highly concerning as we strive to ensure that the highest standards of service are consistently implemented. Please do not hesitate to contact our Cabana Manager, Laura Benso at laura.benso@fairmont.com if you wish to further discuss the details of your experience at our pool. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
General Manager, Fairmont Pacific Rim
& Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

There's no denying this is a 5 star hotel, in a great location, with beautifully appointed rooms that checks all the boxes for business types with fat expense accounts or older weathly clients who want to enjoy the spoils of luxury.

Such spoils include iPad controlled drapes, embedded TV screen in the bathroom mirror, large screen TV, and my favourite...Fairmont slippers. For amenities, the pool has a fantastic view of the north shore mountains, but there was no change room by the pool. The bustling bar in the main lobby is a happening place with live music, and an achingly upscale hipster crowd. A rotating showcase of bmw electric bicycles out front is available for hotel guests, but unfortunately not complimentary. Non-electric bikes are however free.

What struck me most though was the lack of a welcoming feel, all style, catering to their demographic clientele who were all older or in business suits. I guess me wearing my casual clothes was too much for one staff member to process, having returned from a bike tour of the city I was asked going up the elevator where I was going, and when I replied with my floor number she asked "are you sure?" I guess I'm not old enough and not well dressed enough as I was followed to my room by this staff member. I normally stay at more family friendly hotels but was visiting on business, and came to the realization that this hotel was all style over substance. It came across like the wannabes in the hotel lobby bar, cold and pretentious but wrapped in a shiny veneer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Aloha_Eric

Thank you so much for your review. Your words are genuinely appreciated and will help us make improvements that will allow us to continue providing our guests with unforgettable experiences. I am very sorry that you recent stay fell short of expectations. We will do our best to make sure the next one is flawless.
Jens Moesker
General Manager Fairmont Pacific Rim & Regional Vice President, Pacific Northwest

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We were so happy to be back at the Pacific Rim again. Truly everything was perfect from the second we arrived until we left. Everyone we encountered all week was so kind, helpful, and genuine. Its so nice seeing the same friendly faces every time we stay here - it's clear the staff love working here and take great pride in the hotel. We'd highly recommend upgrading to the gold floors to enjoy the beautiful views from the lounge and spending a few hours in the outdoor area of the spa. Thank you to everyone for another amazing stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for returning to Fairmont Pacific Rim! We are humbled by your kind words and we are thrilled to know you found such comfort during your stay! We hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again when you visit Vancouver next.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed a week in June. Very nice. High tech room. Staff was very helpful and Hotel had a BMW service to drop you most anywhere downtown at no cost. Nice central location and easy access to many restaurants.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is terrific, but also fantastic is the Lobby Lounge. You meet some interesting characters. Last night, some jerk ordered a “velocity”. Evita made it immediately, just a few questions asked. Lovely staff.

Stayed: June 2018