Fairmont Pacific Rim
US$407
US$375
US$371
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$443
US$409
Orbitz.com
3,307 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorlobby loungeoru restaurantwillow stream spagiovane cafebmw bikesstanley parkhigh techgold floorcar serviceconvention centercanada placeroom servicebeautiful hotelsoaker tubcorner suitecoal harbour
Reviewed 22 April 2010

This is probably the only 5 star luxury hotel located in Vancouver. Because of my job, I visited many hotels in Vancouver back in Dec, and by far this is the best
When I first saw this hotel from the outside, nothing really impress me, but when I walked into the lobby, that is what really opened up my eyes, very modern and luxury.

1. Staff - their staff is very friendly, make sure you're taken care of during my stay
2. Location - right by the waterfront and the convention center, around the corner is a sky train, cost approx $4.00 and it can take you all the way to the airport, walking distance from everything in downtown area
3. Room - I stay at one of the Harbour View Room, and I gotta tell you, if you ever stay in this hotel, you must spend the extra money to get the Harbour View Room, is "your' vacation, so make sure you will get the best out of it
4. Restaurant - I never really into hotel restaurants we all know they're all over price, and so it is, their lunch menu is small, not really a restaurant menu, is more like a cafe menu
5. Spa and Gym - This hotel got probably the best spa ever, back in Mar of 2010, the spa is not yet finish, but is usable, it will be very nice once they complete

Hotel lobby- at night time, they're a small band playing different type of music, depending on the night of the week, everyone really enjoying them self, and if you're traveling alone or with someone but your company went to bed early, you can always go down to the lobby and enjoy the music, everyone is very friendly.

If you visiting Vancouver and want to get the best out of it, this is the hotel for you

If you visiting Vancouver and just want to sleep and shower in the hotel, this is not for you, because I promise you, if you stay at this hotel one night, you will not want to leave

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank tangkc13
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Our GPS was stolen out of our car while in the hotel valet care. After being interviewed for over a half hour by the hotel staff, no compensation and little remorse was offered.

In the room there were bright light panels which stayed lit at night. You could almost read by them - rather irritating.

Also, when booking, we were told the pool was open and available. When we got there it was "sorry, not open yet". We would have chosen a different hotel with a pool had we known, as our kids love to swim. Clearly dishonest.

One day (evening) we had to call to have our room made up.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RussJohnson
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Excellent location, views, just minutes from the Seawall and from Robson St . Oru, great restaurant for breakfast. Beautiful and trendy decoration. Good tips from concierge.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This is by far the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Everything is digital and the bathroom is huge and beautiful! Great location and the service was amazing! The only issue is

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My wife and I visited the Fairmont Pacific Rim for 2 nights in April 2010. We were celebrating a recent achievement in her studies and had let the hotel know in advance. We had a wonderful stay from the moment we checked-in to the when we left Vancouver. The service was personal – staff did many little things to acknowledge our travel preferences – and rooms were extremely comfortable. This will become the only hotel I stay at in Vancouver when I visit as I believe they have something special going here.

Service (5/5):
*Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived at 8am but the staff gladly stored our bags and the agent who checked us in said she’d call me when the room was ready (which she did a few hours later). I ran into the same agent the following afternoon and she asked me how my stay was going and referred to me by my name. A small touch but made me feel like a personal guest at the hotel.
*Concierge at the hotel was EXCEPTIONAL. I worked with one person in particular before the trip, who asked great questions and followed-up on a timely basis and exceeded our expectations on every level. This concierge added various personal touches throughout our stay. For his service alone, I would rate VPR as 5/5.
*The availability of the courtesy vehicles was inconsistent. Of the 4 times I requested the vehicle, I was able to secure a ride 2 times. I’m not sure if they only have 1 car or if there is a shortage of drivers.

Rooms (5/5):
*We stayed in one of the ‘signature suites’ which was extremely comfortable and spacious. Room was warm which was great considering we had two blustery days while in Vancouver. As noted above, my wife has allergies to certain scents and cleaners so the staff prepared the room accordingly. Staff cleaned room on both days and also turned down the room in the evening. Overall very clean and well-maintained throughout our stay.
*The common area was huge, and included both a sitting area with large flat screen TV, a dining area and two large closets. The balcony had great view of the harbour, Convention Centre, Olympic Cauldron, and the eastern side of Stanley Park. Also very interesting is the Chairman’s Suite which is still being built. It has two levels of floor-to-ceiling windows and I was told the roof of the suite would become an entertaining area for the suite.
*The main bathroom had a TV in the mirror which was a great feature that you could use while in the shower or in the tub. Shower had one of those rainfall showerheads which I love. Second bathroom was very large and also had a shower.
*Bedroom had a view of the habour and Stanley Park and was very comfortable. Room also has a large flat screen TV, a ‘Nespresso’ machine that makes decent espresso.
*All of the lights were activated by touch pad and had preprogrammed themes although I’m not sure if they were functioning appropriately as the ‘relax’ and ‘entertain’ theme seemed to either dim the lights so low you couldn’t see anything or made the room really bright.

Restaurants (4/5):
*Giovane (Café) – Enjoyed their fresh pastries, savory scones and well-made coffees. Really nice area to sit in with lots of windows. A bit pricier than local cafes which is typical for hotel cafes.
*Oru (Pan-Asian) – Overall thought it was an authentic Asian restaurant with excellent service. They had a tasting menu with various land animals but they were able to accommodate all of our dietary restrictions. Our favorite dish was the Sake Kasu Sablefish (perfectly cooked) which had a miso glaze (not salty and comforting). Their homemade tofu with mushroom truffle sauce was earthy and light although a bit difficult to eat with a plate and chopsticks – I’d recommend they serve it with a serving spoon and small bowls so you can ‘shovel’ the tofu out with your chopsticks. The steamed rainbow trout with ginger/scallions tasted great and was a very generous portion that could easily have fed 4-5 adults. My wife particularly liked the ‘tanryoku’ cocktail with chili infused vodka, saké, giffard ginger, lime, fresh cilantro.
*Lobby area – Did not have drinks or food here although I’d point out the Fazioli piano that played in the evenings – what a beautiful looking and sounding piano!

Location (5/5):
*Ideal location downtown and just a few blocks from the Canada Line and Skytrain stations
*Across the street from Canada Place and the Convention Centre (where the Olympic Cauldron stood and where you can see the Olympic rings that turned gold when Canada won a gold medal during the Olympics)
*Short walk to water and a few minutes by bike to Stanley Park

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple