“Great place to relax outside”

Cactus Club Cafe Bentall
Ranked #78 of 3,943 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The biggest draw for me is the great patio. The drinks are good, the food menu quite extensive and good quality, pretty standard choice though. Waitresses are always perfectly groomed and very friendly.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

On the metro from the airport we fell into conversation with a local couple and they recommended the Cactus Club Café as a fine, moderately priced restaurant. After a long day of traveling, checking into the hotel, and walking, we came across this restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant we expected was a different Cactus Club Café. We didn't realize until after we had eaten that the one we wanted was the one on the water with a great view--this one was not the restaurant with the view, but we were hungry enough to eat there anyway.

Food was very good. I had salmon (my first meal in Vancouver) and my companion had chicken. I don't remember the details of each dish, but both were very good, cooked exactly right, served with professionalism. The service was great; we asked the waiter for some information on neighborhood facilities near our hotel and he was happy to help us. I don't know if the only difference between this Cactus Club and the one on the water was the view, but this restaurant did deliver on the quality of the food, and that was important. Perhaps next time in Vancouver, we'll try the other one.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Long story short, our vacation was ending and we were just put through an unfortunate experience. My wife was devastated and I left the hotel to get some food. I had seen this restaurant in the Vancouver suburbs. So I recognized the name while walking down the street. I explained what had happened to the staff and how we were down on our luck. They were thoughtful enough to add a few extra treats to our takeout bag. At that point, the food could have been terrible and I would have loved them. Of course it was very good and my son loved the spaghetti wtih Kobe meatballs. I thank them from the bottom of our hearts for this act of compassion. What a classy operation.

1  Thank Sgood111
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I ate with an old friend in the Cactus Club Cafe a few days ago while we were visiting Vancouver. I was really taken with the look of the place as we walked along the harbor front, and asked our friend if it was a good place to eat. She affirmed that it was, and we could also see that there was a line of people waiting for tables - always a good sign. The food here is lovingly prepared and thoughtfully put together. I had the fresh cod Thai red curry, and it was delicious. The restaurant has a good selection of wines, and some great local beers on tap. I see that the Cactus Club Cafe is a chain in this area, so I am sure you can eat at any of their restaurants if you don't happen to be in downtown Vancouver.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

loved this restaurant with excellent staff, food and drinks so much we went 4 times during our 6 day stay in Vancouver.
We tried hot wings, ribs, salads, burgers and loads of different cocktails. Frozen Bellini, an adult slush puppy, was delicious now my new favourite drink.
Hopefully Cactus Club might decide to open a branch in Glasgow