“Very Nice Big Hotel”

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 March 2014

There is no risk in booking this hotel. It is beautiful, big, well located, literally attached to the convention center... starbucks in the building. The only time I interacted with staff was check in, which was fine. I had a premier double which felt huge and had a lovely view of the harbor and a nice big seating area next to the windows. It lacked intimacy and charm, in my opinion, but I'm more of a boutique hotel kind of girl. But since I wan't paying, I can't complain. It was a big, beautiful, luxurious hotel, and since the boats dock right next door, I imagine if you're setting off on a cruise from Vancouver, you'd be very happy. As far as the location goes, it was great! Easy to walk all over downtown Vancouver from here. There's several places nearby to rent a bike, which I found to be a great way to see Vancouver! ...the pool was very nice too! Solid luxury hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank packacards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

First of all, the room was immaculate and the view was even better. My wife had a broken foot and the hotel gave us a wheel chair so we didn't have to crutch around which made our stay that much better. What ever we asked for we got with a smile. Including lots of extra pillows. And normally a buffet as expensive as that would not be worth it but the atmosphere and the live music and huge ceilings made it money well spent. We cant wait to stay there again. Maybe this time we will get a Jacuzzi tub. thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I love staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver - they honestly think of everything! From your choice of pillow, complimentary robe, umbrella, weigh scale, wine opener (hard to come by in some accommodations), vegetarian options on both room service and restaurant, Starbucks downstairs, phone in the bathroom, beautiful view, windows that actually open, and it goes on. This is why I keep coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked a Panoramic Harbourview Suite to surprise my husband on his birthday. We live in Vancouver, and I chose the Pan Pacific because I had always been curious and I knew the view would be lovely.

Overall, the hotel was fine. I will admit that I expected more, but I didn't really know what to expect from Vancouver hotels since I never stay in them. I guess my expectations were too high because I'm used to New York City hotels (oh no, I've become a hotel snob!).

When we got off the elevator in the lobby, to check in, we walked out into a very large crowd of mourners at a memorial service. Turns out the whole lobby and one of the cafes was being used for this. We literally walked into a sad Garth Brooks song playing very loudly, while a montage of photos of the man who had passed away were playing on a screen, while everyone sadly looked on. Not the best start to a romantic evening... I'm not really certain that a hotel lobby is the place for such events.

I had called earlier in the day to ask about an early check in and the service at that time was kind of rude, but the man working the counter when we arrived was very polite and friendly.

The suite was nice, but for a luxury hotel I really was expecting something more. I was also expecting more of a view of the Lions Gate Bridge and Stanley Park, but that's not the hotels fault - I assumed the suite I booked had that as the primary view , and I should have called to ask/request that we faced that way, and not the port way. The biggest disappointment of the suite was the bathroom. A luxury hotel, and especially a larger suite like the one I booked, should have a great bathtub. This bathtub was just an average run of the mill, small tub. We were very surprised by this and if they want to do anything to upgrade their rooms to fit the "luxury hotel" bill, they should remedy the small tubs.

We popped out later for dinner and again had to walk through the memorial stuff which was a total downer.

Overall, this is a nice, clean hotel (the only cleanliness issue I saw was sticky rings from a glass on the bedside table), in a great part of town, with nice views, but I wouldn't call it a luxury hotel by any means.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACSpanks
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for three nights. Our experience was mediocre . We felt the hotel is getting outdated and no renovations were done at all. The room furniture requires updating. The services at the hotel used to be better. Food options at the restaurants are very limited.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M2266
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was really confortable, big room, really clean. It is placed in the best place of Vancouver with a wonderfull view. The breakfast is great! Pancake with the originale maple sirup are the top! It's really in front of Granville street where you can enjoy the nightlife of Vancouver, on the left you can visit the old part of Vancouver, really caractheristc and perfect for buy nice souvenir

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have always stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel for three nights during the Vancouver International Wine Festival. Our booking this year was in a junior suite on the 9th floor. Normally we would like to stay higher just to get a better view over Stanley Park, Lions Gate bridge and the north shore mountains. In short the hotel occupies the best location of any hotel in Vancouver. This larger room gave us a sanctuary from our busy days. The hotel was built in 1986 in time for Expo and is located above the East wing (Canada Place) of the Vancouver Trade and Convention center right on the harbour and the cruise ship docks. One can get to both the west and east convention centers without going out side (important when it is raining). In short, an ideal location, but be sure you specify a room with a harbour view - yes it is worth the extra bucks.
Over the years, the hotel has undergone some major face lifts in order to keep up its appearance. Our suite was great. Lots of room which we like - separate sitting room with a seating area and a dining table for room service (breakfast and late night). We chose room service rather than sitting in a dining room or bar waiting for our food to arrive. While the menu selection was limited, it served our purpose.
With the suite, we got free parking and free internet, but had to handle our own baggage - which worked fine for us. Internet worked very good either WiFi or ethernet.
Staff were great at the front desk, room service and housekeeping. Room and bathroom were kept very clean. Nice turn down service.
Bottom line - we will be staying there for the next wine festival. Good value is very subjective, but we were very satisfied with the bill. Would like it to be half, but not going to happen in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Harbour view and high up