“Loved everything about our stay”

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Loved everything about our stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic place to stay with our family while we explored Vancouver! 2 beds and pull-out couch great for 2 teens, quiet, beautiful view, right on the water. Concierge and all staff we came in contact with were gracious and helpful. Great access to tourist attractions, downtown, and public transport. Family plan included brunch for 4, movies, popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, and drinks all on a daily basis. Property secured for guests on Canada Day. We loved everything about our stay, so much so that the 4-star hotel we stayed at immediately following the Pan Pacific paled by comparison.

Room Tip: The only downside to the room is the double size beds - a double is fine for one but pretty small fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,115)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Pan Pacific was a great hotel choice for our one night in Vancouver before leaving on our Alaskan tour. We took the train from the airport for $9 CAN and then walked two blocks to the hotel. We were able to enjoy our day be walking to a local restaurant Cactus, Stanley Park for a bike ride, and took a shuttle in front of the hotel to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. The hotel staff made sure our luggage made it to the ship. We purchased our room through Hotwire making it a little cheaper but it was still an expensive nights stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J_Ctravel22
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was on my way back to Australia after a trip to Montreal and was recommended to stay here by a friend. I was travelling on my own and wasn't sure what to expect as I had paid top dollar for a harbour view room. I wasn't disappointed! I caught the skytrain in from the airport and found my way easy enough to the hotel and could walk the two blocks fine. The view from my room was magnificent and worth every cent! I could watch the sea planes take off and land all day if I wanted to. I only had two days in Vancouver and was delighted that I chose this hotel. The concierge was extremely helpful about what to see in the short time I had and was always welcoming when I came back to the hotel. This hotel is right on the harbour and I could see all the way. Down coal harbour and Stanley Park and across the water to the other side.
I only used the bar to sit and have a couple of drinks on the terrace and ate elsewhere to save some money. I had a swim in the pool and spa which was lovely and had a great view as well.
It was well worth putting the money to the room.
The bed and pillows were divine and the bathroom and toiletries were fabulous.
I would return here again any day. To top it off a cruise ship came in on the day I was leaving and I could see it from my room.
All in all a really pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are worth it. If you can't afford it, the terrace and swimming pool areas and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Heather M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at Pan Pacific prior to a Silversea cruise to Alaska and all I can say is I wish we'd had more time to enjoy it. We arrived after midnight, were upgraded to the Petty Suite but were too beat to do anything but go to sleep in the very comfy bed. The next day we got the full impact of the luxurious digs--including an enormous bathroom, floor to ceiling windows that allowed us to see Silver Shadow sailing in beneath the Lion's Gate Bridge, and a complimentary breakfast at the Pacific Club. Best of all, the bell hop picks up your luggage and brings it right to the ship since this hotel is actually part of the Vancouver cruise ship terminal. If you're sailing from Vancouver, this is the only way to go!

1 Thank Judi C
North Oaks, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 July 2014

An excellent location and truly marvelous experience. This hotel is so convenient for the beginning of an Alaskan cruise. Top shelf all the way especially if you upgrade to the concierge level. The views and vistas are simply tremendous. The baggage handling to your ship is very convenient as well. In the past I had always stayed at the Fairmont across the street which is a great location as well, but for the purpose of beginning a cruise the Pan Pacific is the location to be at. Hands Down.

Room Tip: Request a Harbor View
1 Thank Tom K
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room was very roomy and large. The check-in was very easy. The staff was very helpful. We just finished a cruise and the hotel was right next to where our ship docked. If we every come back to Vancouver, we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1248Gooddog
Drumnadrochit, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is ideal if you're taking a cruise to or from Vancouver. It is adjacent to the quay, in fact we were sitting in our cabin when the announcement told us our group could disembark and 25 minutes later we were booked in the hotel! We were too early to use the room (it was before 9.00am) but the hotel took our cases and took them to the room later in the day.

It is a large, well equipped hotel ( you have a choice of 4 different pillow types) and we found the staff very courteous and helpful. However, what sticks in the mind is the view. It is really exceptional.

The hotel is convenient for many of Vancouver's attractions; Fly over Canada, the downtown shops, Gastown and there are shuttle buses for many of the attractions right outside.

Room Tip: It is important to make sure you have a harbour view and it should be the 10th floor or higher