“Best pre alaska cruise hotel”

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Location ,location! the hotel is right at the pier and your luggage will be deliver directly to your cruise cabin on the day of your departure,but besides that it is withing walking distance of Stanley park ,the free shuttle bus to Capilano and Carderos restaurant .The hotel itself is excellent !.

Room Tip: I booked a regular room and was upgraded to a room in the 12 floor with view of the bay where watchi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,955)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you want a view and great service when you go to Vancouver this hotel is the one to stay at. There is valet parking which is only $4.00 more than regular parking. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The pool is a lovely temperature and overlooks the ocean and the mountains. The food is local and beautifully prepared and presented. And again you have a great view while you enjoy your drink or meal. Al the tourist buses leave from outside the hotel and the harbour cruises and seaplanes depart from very nearby. A seawalk is beside the hotel and you can walk easily to Stanley Park in one direction, to Gastown and Chinatown in another and to downtown shopping in a third. All in all, there are lots of reasons to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I now understand why people recommend and why they use this hotel. A great location and I am unable to find the smallest detail to criticize. You are close to Stanley Park and all the walking you could wish for. Bicycle rentals are nearby to tour the park. You are walking distance from shopping and nightlife.

Room Tip: Choose your room based on water or mountain views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Had a late arrival and was upgraded to a suite. Such an unexpected pleasant surprise. Woke the next morning to the most amazing view I've seen in a long time. Absolutely breathtaking. The pool area was nice with the same amazing view as the room. The hotel is shaped like a boat so it was Fun to see the cruise ships docked alongside us along with the activity of a very busy harbor.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Located on the Canada Place Pier, home for many of the cruise ships heading to Alaska, this beautiful hotel couldn't have been in a more convenient location as a base for exploring old town Vancouver and for easily boarding our cruise ship later in the day of our departure.

We were on the 19th floor and our children and granddaughter were on the 20th. Both rooms were spacious, very clean, and had outstanding views of the harbor and the piers. The hotel staff were great, getting us checked in quickly and offering lots of helpful advice about getting around Vancouver.

Our reservations included a full breakfast buffet, which was delicious. When we checked out to go to our ship, we had a walk of only 70-80 yards to reach the luggage check-in locations, all completely shielded from from inclement weather, which we didn't have to worry about, thank goodness.

We try to find hotels close to where we will be boarding but this had to be the best we've found to date!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My boyfriend and I were planning on spending a few romantic days in Vancouver to end a long holiday, and I ask an ex-local where we should stay. She told me not to even THINK of another hotel, and she couldn't have been more right. This hotel had everything you could ask a hotel for and more: Great Location, Amazing Service, Comfy Beds, the view of a life time, a great pool and spa area, and did I mention the incredible service? I travel a lot, and this hotel exceeded every expectation you could have for a hotel, and did it with a smile. My only problem is that I had to leave and I don't know when I'm going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbor. You can wake up and watch the planes take off!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Not only was I view spectacular from my hotel room But the service was excellent, The bed was comfortable the room was clean. I really enjoyed the rooftop Saltwater pool. They even had a bathing suit dryer and locker rooms with showers right inside from the pool. If I went back to Vancouver I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple