“Quiet with a spectacular view!”

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Newport Beach CA
“Quiet with a spectacular view!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent three nights here prior to leaving on a cruise to Alaska. The location could not have been better as the hotel sits on top of Canada place which is the main cruise terminal. So easy.
The rooms are well appointed with lovely linens which alas are not for sale. There are a series of in shops, a bar with a great view and an elegant restaurant which over looks the harbor.
The hotel is an easy walk to gas town and the major city shopping areas. The round town bus and trolley leave out front of the hotel. The views from the west side of the building have spectacular views of the hard.

Room Tip: Defiantly ask for a room on the left side of the hotel as you face the water. The rooms on the right...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,114)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The first thing I'm going to say is, "Stay here!" The rooms are clean and feel new, the bathroom is just the right size, the beds are comfortable and there is good climate control. The view is a usually a combination of downtown, water and the mountains, and is hard to beat. My wife and I visit Vancouver once a year, having lived there a long time ago. This was our second stay at the Pan Pacific. We've stayed at the Fairmont and the Sutton (both nice hotels), but we like this hotel far more.

When we checked in, I helped myself to a glass of their ice cold water. When I accidentally spilled some of it on the front desk counter and offered to clean it up, the lady who checked us in told me not to worry. My wife was convinced that I had cursed us into getting a bad room. When we entered our room, it was twice the size of the one we had last year. It was amazing! I am convinced there is not a bad room at this hotel.

The one issue that I personally had, took place on the first night. At about 1 am, I heard what sounded like a light metal scraping noise outside. I looked outside and tried turning off the AC, but couldn't figure out what it was. My wife was asleep, so I tried to ignore it. The sound took place for about 20 minutes and went away. A half hour later, I awoke to the same sound. My wife was still asleep, so I got dressed and went down to the lobby. I described the sounds and the man on night duty at the desk instantly identified what I had heard. He pointed up at the window washers on the glass dome above the lobby. The man apologized for the noise and got on his walkie talkie to halt the washers. I tend to be a soft sleeper when we are on holiday, but this was the first time that a hotel actually did something when I brought up a noise issue! There were no more noises during our stay, although my wife did guilt me about the dome windows the next day. I did feel a bit of guilt, but I also felt listened to...so thank you to the Pan Pacific for that. :)

Tip: If you get there with luggage before 3 pm, leave your luggage with the porter just inside the ground-level entrance (saves you going to the front desk lobby, two floors up and back). Tell them you are checking in later. You can also store your luggage there if you are leaving town late on checkout day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Location ,location! the hotel is right at the pier and your luggage will be deliver directly to your cruise cabin on the day of your departure,but besides that it is withing walking distance of Stanley park ,the free shuttle bus to Capilano and Carderos restaurant .The hotel itself is excellent !.

Room Tip: I booked a regular room and was upgraded to a room in the 12 floor with view of the bay where watchi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you want a view and great service when you go to Vancouver this hotel is the one to stay at. There is valet parking which is only $4.00 more than regular parking. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The pool is a lovely temperature and overlooks the ocean and the mountains. The food is local and beautifully prepared and presented. And again you have a great view while you enjoy your drink or meal. Al the tourist buses leave from outside the hotel and the harbour cruises and seaplanes depart from very nearby. A seawalk is beside the hotel and you can walk easily to Stanley Park in one direction, to Gastown and Chinatown in another and to downtown shopping in a third. All in all, there are lots of reasons to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

L'Ile-Perrot, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I now understand why people recommend and why they use this hotel. A great location and I am unable to find the smallest detail to criticize. You are close to Stanley Park and all the walking you could wish for. Bicycle rentals are nearby to tour the park. You are walking distance from shopping and nightlife.

Room Tip: Choose your room based on water or mountain views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David K
anthem, az
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Had a late arrival and was upgraded to a suite. Such an unexpected pleasant surprise. Woke the next morning to the most amazing view I've seen in a long time. Absolutely breathtaking. The pool area was nice with the same amazing view as the room. The hotel is shaped like a boat so it was Fun to see the cruise ships docked alongside us along with the activity of a very busy harbor.

• Stayed August 2014
Cambridge, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Located on the Canada Place Pier, home for many of the cruise ships heading to Alaska, this beautiful hotel couldn't have been in a more convenient location as a base for exploring old town Vancouver and for easily boarding our cruise ship later in the day of our departure.

We were on the 19th floor and our children and granddaughter were on the 20th. Both rooms were spacious, very clean, and had outstanding views of the harbor and the piers. The hotel staff were great, getting us checked in quickly and offering lots of helpful advice about getting around Vancouver.

Our reservations included a full breakfast buffet, which was delicious. When we checked out to go to our ship, we had a walk of only 70-80 yards to reach the luggage check-in locations, all completely shielded from from inclement weather, which we didn't have to worry about, thank goodness.

We try to find hotels close to where we will be boarding but this had to be the best we've found to date!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family