Pan Pacific Vancouver
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Pacific Rim(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
4,016 results
All reviewscruise shipfive sailsstanley parkcanada placeyour luggageconvention centerharbour viewclub floorpre cruisebeautiful hotelgrouse mountainwaterfront stationgas townluxury hotelpool and hot tubcorner roomcoal harbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Probably best location in Vancouver. We staid in a corner room with harbour view. Omg what a view. We couldn't stop looking outside: from sunrise to sunset.
Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is excellent with a lot of different choices. Best breakfast during our stay in Canada. Try also the Five Sails, it is expensive but you get value for your money.
Only negative point is that you have pay for WIFI.
We definitely recommend it and we will go back again.

Room Tip: Choose for a room with harbour view. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel was built as a show case property during Expo 86. Often these properties become dated and tired. Kudos to the Pan Pacific for maintaining such a high standard, updating its decor and facilities. But you cannot beat it's location. On the waterfront, views towards the north short mountains, on the edge of downtown. The pool deck looks out over the water and mountains and is a gorgeous oasis after a busy day in the big city. We stayed on the club floor. Private check in. Lovely room. Comfortable bed. L'Occitane products. Breakfast included. Usually North American hotel breakfasts are not very good but this one competed well with any breakfast I have had in Europe. Staff friendly, non-snooty and very helpful. Would I stay here again? Heck ya!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MEAK
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here one night before taking an Alaskan cruise on Regent in May. We received a complimentary upgrade to a suite which I would have to estimate was between 1,500 and 2,000 sq. ft. The view was phenomenal, overlooking the bay and the cruise ship docks. Watched the seaplane tours take off and land as well as the ferries in the bay and other commercial and private vessels. Had room service appetizers and wine the night we arrived and the presentation and quality of the food left nothing to be desired. It was very good! The location could not be better for boarding the cruise ships; you simply go to the lower level and then walk a short distance to you ships boarding area. The front desk personnel as well as room service, restaurant and concierge employees were all very helpful and very courteous. Our luggage transfer to the ship was handled by the concierge and was flawless. We had breakfast in one of the restaurants in the hotel and again the food and service were exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan on staying here on my next trip to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonharb
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were checked in and once in the room we were greeted with a unclean toilet. There was sticky stuff upon the toilet seat, given I had just come from the ferry and was in need of using the facilities, I opted to clean it myself instead of calling down and having them send someone up 10 or so minutes later to clean it. We freshened up and then went down and complained, where we were then just fobbed off with a throw away "sorry about that" and made to feel like we were just lucky to be staying there. I stewed a bit before asking to speak to the manager about it, where he apologised again and offered us free wifi for our stay, a free buffet breakfast and free fridge for the duration of our stay. While that was all lovely, it came a common theme were I noticed that the toilet was not cleaned a single time during the 8 nights we were there. The toilet was stained pink from the second day which leads me to believe it had not been cleaned properly for a while. I did not complain again, I didn't feel like I should have to and had already been made to feel uneasy about making a complaint.
The rooms and hotel felt very dated and in need of a little refurbishment. Our chair was even fraying on the arms in the room. A couple of our lights didn't work and we had to ask for them to be fixed. The bath is not made to have a bath in, they may as well just provide a luxury shower instead. There were old rings of grime on all the surfaces. AC was noisy. Waiting for elevators was quite the time suck, often waiting longer than 5mins for one to arrive, which doesn't sound like a long time but it is when you are just waiting. The bed was pretty comfortable, once you took away the mountain of useless pillows displayed upon it. Half way through our stay, housekeeping finally worked out we didn't want them put back on the bed.
I don't know what the hype about this place is, maybe people just have lower standards than I. I did not enjoy my stay here at all and to top it off, the buffet breakfast was terrible and actually made me ill for my last day in Vancouver and my flight home. I would not even pay $10 for what they served, let alone $29. I have definitely had better buffets at less expensive hotels.
I haven't rated my stay as terrible because the bed is actually pretty comfortable and that was the only saving grace of the experience, as we all know, a good nights sleep is what matters.

Room Tip: Tip: pick another hotel. The Fairmont next door would probably be a better choice, even though I have not stayed there myself.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Human13579
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay.

Guestroom cleanliness is something we take great pride is providing our guests and, upon reading your review, it was immediately reviewed with our Housekeeper with instructions to follow up with our room attendants, as this type of guest experience is not acceptable.

In our efforts to continuously provide hospitality excellence, we welcome guest feedback as it allows us to review product and procedures and make changes when and where required. It is disappointing that we did not meet your expectations and we regret that, despite our efforts, we were not able to provide you with the type of experience you desired.

We hope that we may someday have an opportunity to redeem our reputation and to show you that we can indeed, provide a wonderful and memorable stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our one night stay at the Pan Pacific was simply not enough time to truly enjoy this great hotel and the surrounding areas of Vancouver. The location can’t be beat, on the waterfront adjacent to the Vancouver Convention center, just steps from the cruise ship terminal and a few blocks from historic Gastown. Lots of restaurants nearby and easy transportation via sky train or bus from the ferry terminal. We choose the Pan Pacific as a pre Alaska Cruise accommodation and were impressed with the luggage transfer service the morning of our departure. A simply phone call to the front desk and our bags were picked up and transferred to the ship while we were free to spend our morning sightseeing and having a nice leisurely breakfast.

The grandness of the lobby area is an inviting introduction to the hotel with many areas to enjoy the atmosphere. Check in was efficient and friendly and the rooms very comfortable. No surprises with amenities – completely as you would expect from a deluxe facility. Nice pool area and change rooms which were constantly attended to by the staff. We were surprised by an unexpected fireworks display on July 4th and couldn’t have picked a better viewing spot if we had tried!

We enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Considering that the pool area is on the 8th floor you want to be considerably higher for a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family