“Great Location!”

Ranked #29 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We booked this hotel on Hotwire as one of the mystery hotels; we got a good price, but not a room we wanted! My husband and I spent our special night in Vancouver with twin beds:( . The front desk agent barely spoke to us on our check in and I learned a lot about the hotel from listening to the other desk clerk telling her guests the information.
The beds were comfortable, but the fabric they made the duvet covers with was very slippery. I spent half the night picking my duvet up from the floor.
They could probably upgrade their tv's. My husband was watching the baseball game, but couldn't see the score in the corner as the screen was too small.
All in all what really makes this hotel is the location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Sutton Place Hotel. We are glad that you like our location. On another note, let us apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We are in the process of changing the duvets and upgrading our televisions. We are so sorry to learn that our check-in agent did not introduce our hotel properly, your constructive feedback have been shared with the front desk team.
We thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sutton Place Hotel.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed for a few nights here after the Alaska cruise. What I like most is the location of this hotel. With an IGA supermarket right next door, we were able to buy some fresh milk, juice and fruit and stock them up in the fridge. Very handy when travelling with a toddler.

The hotel lobby and rooms are all beautifully decorated. The room was kept clean by the staff. The double beds seem to be a bit smaller than the ones in Australia, it can not fit two slim adults. I ended up sleeping in my son's bed which was OK.

The hotel sits together with its serviced apartments and there are self laundry facility on the apartment side which is very handy. Unfortunately the hotel pool is also on the apartment side which involves walking past the hotel lobby in dressing gowns if you want to use the pool or having to change once you get tothe pool.

Services are very good, but definitely not the Rosewood Georgia standard. Overall we are quite happy with our stay in Sutton Place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

All-in-all, the Sutton Place, Vancouver is a nice place to stay, although some-what pricey, especially a simple breakfast in their cafe (although the bakery, if you could find it, wasn't bad). The rooms are comfy with a mini-fridge and large bathrooms, although the rooms themselves are a little small. I found the heat controls in the room receptive to changes as well.

What made this hotel were the staff. The banquet staff were always smiling, friendly and willing to help and the concierge desk was spot-on. The offered smiles, answers and help all the time, at any time of the day. Umbrellas? They had them. Recommendations for dinner? Great ideas. I would go back just for the helpful staff.

Room Tip: The windows actually open in the top corners. I didn't know this, so it was a little noisy the f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor about your stay at The Sutton Place Hotel. We are delighted to read of your compliments for our banquet and concierge staff.
We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to The Sutton Place Hotel so we can have the opportunity to again deliver the highest standard of renowned Sutton hospitality that you have now come to associate with us. Thank you again for your kind remarks.
Best regards
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is a great hotel. The room was spacious and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable with quality linens. Exercise room was well equipped. Pool was warm and big enough to do some laps. Steam room available. The best thing about these facilities is that they opened at 5:30 am. Location is in the middle of downtown and within walking distance to skytrain, buses, tourist info building at the pier. Very friendly staff. As an extra they have a laundry facility. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were given opportunity to upgrade to the top floors. We saw no need as the view from our room on...
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here for a few days with a friend (later joined by my husband). We had a great experience! The decor in the rooms is a bit old-fashioned - especially the TV - but everything was clean and well-attended by the housekeepers. We found average levels of noise really transferred into our room from the hallway, but it wasn't the end of the world. The front desk staff were efficient and courteous. The concierge, parking valets and doormen were lovely. They were always ready to help us find great restaurants, fun places to shop and to supply us with umbrellas (necessary in rainy, wintery Vancouver)! The doorman even sent us on our way with a little packet of fresh cookies as we checked out and said goodbye!

We did not try the restaurant on-site - the menu didn't really appeal - but the patisserie/ coffee shop in the hotel was great for a chocolate croissant and americano to start the day.

I would stay here again - the location is great - right downtown, but not rowdy or noisy at all.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I've been going to Vancouver on business for a good few years now, and have tried a variety of hotels and accomodation.
I have to say that, hands down, Sutton Place is my favourite place to stay in Vancouver.
The reason why isn't so mch to do with amenities or "high living" (which they also provide) but to their attention to detail. Everything is just as it should roomwise and the staff are great (on my last trip the airline lost my suitcase and immediately upon hearing this they went out of their way to help me, not something that happened in the two pther hotels I stayed in before my suitcase was reunited with me).
They manage the very fine art of striking the right balance so that the guest feels very relaxed and at home.

Finally, they manage to give the appearance that providing all this is effortless, when it must take a lot of work to pull something like this off!
Bottom line, Sutton Place is definitely my first option when in Vancouver.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I was upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was beautiful with a lovely view. The service is excellent from the valet, doormen to the housekeeping and bar. All around a lovely stay close to wonderful shopping and nightlife. The conference rooms and food were fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012