“Expected More”

Ranked #29 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“Expected More”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

For the price I definitely expected more. It is a nice hotel however I wouldn't consider it 5 stars or luxury. Check in was relatively easy and the staff were helpful although it seemed all the valets were unorganized and the hotel seemed to be lacking employees. When I asked to get my vehicle I was just given the key and let in a stairwell rather than having it brought out to me. It seemed a bit hectic at the front and low on staff. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff who led us up to our room was very helpful and kind. The room did overlook the back of a bunch of buildings and an alley so that was a downside - along with paid wi-fi. The pool was small but one of the nicest I have swam in in Vancouver which was nice - the only downside was going to the opposite tower then down and elevator and downstairs from there. Overall a good experience for a lower quality hotel but not what it seems.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nice, very clean, centrally located. Convenient food market on the corner - perhaps one of the best markets near any hotel I've visited. My wife and I travel for a living (airline employees), I'm at a different hotel 3-4 nights a week. I've never experienced a more friendly staff than we found at the Sutton Place, incredibly nice and helpful. I think they made the difference in our stay: someone is doing something right there. While I'm used to having free Internet it seems the pricier hotels always charge... I'm sure this will change once they realize, like color TV and Air Conditioning, FREE high speed Internet access is a requirement. I'll gladly pay extra for the hot tub...

Room Tip: As high up as possible for the view and reduced street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank unklfil
bcchik
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The service at The Sutton Place is high-end. The fitness facility is wonderful. There is a cafe, spa, and restaurant in the hotel. The location is perfect for shopping, business, and to access Stanley Park. The only thing I can say that isn't entirely positive has almost no bearing on the stay - the suite itself was built with mediocre material (laminate countertops, an apartment sized bathtub). The decor and furnishings were better. The suites are basically one-bedroom apartments, including a fully equipped kitchen, so a person could maintain a normal routine for a long stay and not feel like they're living in a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Please be extra cautious. Their wi-fi is not secure. My bank account was hacked and despite contacting them immediately upon my return to the UK and although I was reassured by Lena that someone would contact me back, to date no one has called me or emailed me for an update. I will put aside the fact that I was waiting for 15mins to get my room upon check in, despite arriving at 4pm. On a positive note, location is great and their concierge staff fantastic. Cleanliness could be better (I had two rooms on the 21st floor and both windows were quite dirty). I stayed there from the 22nd to 26th of June. All details are available to the hotel. Thanks, Georgios

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank GEORGIOS44
Navid S, General Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sutton Place Hotel. Please contact us so our Front Desk Manager or Accounting department can investigate further regarding your concern. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After reading the "Reviews" I expected more. Once they added a roll-away bed, there was no room to walk around. Our room looked onto the back of buildings with garbage, etc. The hotel is definitely showing it's age and internet is $16/day. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. For the money, I'd definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vesver
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sutton Place Hotel. For your next visit, you may wish to consider our guestroom with 2 queen beds or our Executive/Grand Suite with sofabed. Some of our suites at La Grande Residence also have double sofa beds. We also offer value-added hotel package with compliment internet. Please visit our website or contact our Reservations department with your reservations requests. We value your business and look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
holiday village red sea
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first trip to Canada from the U.K. and this hotel was recommended to me by a friend.
The welcome, the staff and the room were all much better than I expected and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
If only all hotels were like this.
A wonderful stay in a wonderful city, thank you for having me

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank plymouthontour2
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Sutton is a nice hotel with great service and comfortable surroundings, but the best thing for me is the location. Just a half block off of Robson Street, it is central to just about everything Downtown Vancouver has to offer. We checked in, went shopping, came back to get changed, went for dinner, one more trip back to the hotel and then off to a concert. After the concert we went to a pub and then back to the hotel. All of this was in walking distance. Love staying at the Sutton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends