“Fantastic stay at Sutton Plcae, La Grande Residence”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
chester
“Fantastic stay at Sutton Plcae, La Grande Residence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

After many weeks of choosing a place to stay in Vancouver I was more than happy with La Grande Residence at Sutton Place Vancouver. I am a fussy traveller and like luxury at affordable prices and this hotel ticked all the boxes.

There is a supermarket across the road and the hotel has a great pool, spa and laundry facilities.

It was a stones throw away from all the shops, the sraff we fantastic and all couldnt do enough for us.

Our room over looked the main road and we were on the 7th floor, we expected some noise but it wasnt that noticeable.
The room was great, very big for 2 adults and a 11 year old, he especially loved the big tv in the lounge area.
All the staff we very polite and always had a smile what ever the time of day.
If I were to ever stay in Vancouver there would be only 1 place I would stay. I would highly reccomend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2009

This was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. When I booked it I had no idea of it's reputation. Apparently all the celebrities stay there and Vancouver is the Hollywood of the North... or something like that. :) And I did see a few celebrities myself, which was fun.

The people were very friendly and very helpful. There's a separate concierge that would help with directions and suggestions but they were always busy so some patience is needed there. The hotel is right in the heart of the city. Transport is right at the door with the buses/trams and there are Skytrain stations close walks, and it's in walking distance of shops, restaurants, coffee houses, the art museum, a few cathedrals.

The rooms were very clean and they were cleaned everyday, the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on (almost better than my own bed at home) and I spent a lot of time in the reading chairs which were also ridiculously comfortable. The wifi was fast and their internet room was also very convenient, clean and comfortable. The views were nice too, from the upper floors you could look down at the road, see the mountains and the port.

There is also a wine store owned by the hotel that I visited. The staff were very friendly and helped me pick out a wine. The service as well the amenities themselves were luxury. If I'm ever in Van again I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Liked — Room Service
  • Disliked — Nothing...
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Psyche29
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

I stayed at the Le Residence part of the hotel, which contains suites. My suite was very large, and even though the bedroom overlooked Burrard St - a busy thoroughfare - it was very quiet. The room was well equipped - there was a big flat-panel display, and all the furnishings were good quality.

Downsides? The wi-fi signal was very weak, and it is $15/day, which is irritating. Also, the lobby was freezing cold, with very big drafts ripping trough it (it was very cold when I was there - especially for Vancouver). Also, some of the fittings, such in the bathroom, looked a little dated.

I stayed for about $170/night, which is good value I think. Staff werre friendly and helpful, and the hotel is right near the major shopping areas of Vancouver. This was a very enjoyable stay!

• Liked — Roomy
  • Disliked — Poor internet reception
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

We had a wonderful experience at the Sutton Place. We go to Vancouver at least once a year and stay in a different place every time - we'll definately go back here next time! I found a great internet rate (room, valet parking, and breakfast) and it proved to be a great experience. The room was beautiful, and the staff was extermely helpful with dinner recommendations and ferry schedules. The hotel is about a block from Robson street and some of the best people watching (and shopping) around. Definately a keeper!

• Liked — the staff - they truely went out of their way
  • Disliked — only one night stay - would have liked to see the spa
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RuthieSeattle
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

I stayed at the Sutton Place hotel in downton Vancover between Boxing Day and New Years. Everything was outstanding and first class. The attention to detail in everything from the turndown service each night with chocolates to the doorman's attentiveness in obtaining a cab for my 4am departure!

I would highly recommend this hotel. I'm sure to return.

• Liked — First Class Service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank me2Ladybug
Ft. St. John
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

A group of eight of us went to Vancouver for the hockey game and the AC DC concert. None of us had ever stayed in a hotel downtown so after research on Trip Advisor we selected The Sutton Place and we were not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and they had alot of decorated Christmas trees in the lobby. Check in for four couples was very fast and they even moved us around so we could be close to one another. The rooms are regular sized rooms with king size beds. The rooms were very clean and stocked with everything we needed. The elevators are really fast with very little waiting time. We ate once in the Gerard Lounge and had cocktails every night we were there. The lounge is small and getting a table for eight was difficult but people either made room for us or were kind enough to give up their tables. The food was okay being pub food and the service was pretty good considering our large group. Every employee was great and helpful whenever we needed to find something, whether it was directions or Advil for the morning after the concert. Across the street is a Denny's which was good for late night snacks and Joey's, great food and fantastic service! Check out was really fast and we got a cab right away. I will stay here again.

• Liked — location and helpful staff
  • Disliked — power outage last day we were there
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank jimbits
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2008

I love Sutton Place. The service is excellent. The location is fantastic. I adore the ambiance and atmosphere. It's a classy hotel. However, the room was a little shabby. We booked a luxury room, but it was not quite that. When we arrived the furniture had a thin layer of dust on it and this remained for the 3 days we were there. We also have a room next to the lift. It was like sleeping in a bowling alley! But I don't care. I love this hotel and always will. I can forgive them the odd thing!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple