“Arty, mellow hippy town”
Review of Commercial Drive

Commercial Drive
Ranked #47 of 352 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trendy neighborhood lined with ethnic cafes and fashionably bohemian boutiques.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Arty, mellow hippy town”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We visited various areas of Vancouver before settling on a place to live, but I think it's safe to say Commercial Drive stole our hearts from the get-go.

I have SO much love for this place! Something we noticed travelling around was how each area of the city has a particular feel. If the bohemian hippy lifestyle resonates with you, Commercial Drive is definitely the place to be.

A particularly good place to come if you want to relax, unwind, and just take time out to appreciate life (...man), and home to a fantastic range of restaurants, not to mention some beautiful parks.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Why bother”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

If I were on a tight schedule, I would have been regretful for the time I spent visiting places such as commercial drive, Gastown, Granville Island and Chinatown. I enjoy nature the best and I don't care to see small independent shops. I was tempted to visit those places as they were high rated attractions and I had enough time. I thought I might find something interesting and special about them. That didn't happen.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank L0ve2TravelCanada
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Funky central”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Commercial Drive is the place to go for great food (especially italian and organic vegetarian) and for it's unique ambiance. Take an outside table at The Havana restaurant to watch the passing parade.

3 Thank Donald R
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Commerical Drive No Car Day”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Not worth the trip; to many store up their prices.......heard to many complaints from locals on the prices....so I left....got to sky train heard the same from many people that prices are inflated....to bad would of been nice...use to be a nice place to go but not anymore....

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Larry J
Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Never-ending street of joy”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I absolutely LOVE the drive. There is such a charm about this neighbour. I love the food, little boutiques and the grocery shops. This is the perfect venture for someone with ADD because there is just so much to check out.

The food is also amazing because there is such a great variety. From $2 pizza joints to authenic pho to Caribbean food at the Reef. If anything, do a little food sampling when you are at the drive. You'll be amazed how much culture and variety there is.

Make sure to check out the Fratelli Bakery and pick up a little treat for yourself. The best italian bakery in the city!

Visited June 2013