“Fantastic Hotel---Very well Maintained”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Hotel---Very well Maintained”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights here in one of the Deluxe Executive Suites and the room was awesome. Very spacious and the service was as good as it can get. Five star all the way. The bed was so comfortable. The hotel is attached to the Pacific Centre Mall which is right off of the elevators. The pool area and work put facilities is top of the line and very well kept. We really enjoyed our stay here and will return for sure. a bit pricy but it's well worth the splurge to stay here.

Room Tip: I would suggest one of the Deluxe Executive Suites. Large King bed, 2 bathrooms, 2 flat screen TV...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jiffypop101
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Jiffypop101,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am so thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit with your wife. I am so pleased that we were able to create such a lasting impression on you by our spacious guest rooms, divine beds, and exceptional guest service. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to relax and rejuvenated in our 4th floor Club 4 pool and gym facilities.

Thank you for our kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel frequently on business and stay in hotels on a short list approved by my employer. Some are dreadful. Most are completely forgettable. My 3 night stay at the Four Seasons Vancouver made a strong positive impression. The arrival staff was excellent and accommodated my special room request. The front desk, concierge, and bell men were always friendly and helpful without being obsequious. The room was quiet and well appointed with comfortable, clean furnishings. I loved the morning coffee service, as I lack confidence in the cleanliness of most in-room coffee makers. The location was conveniently close to public transportation and walking distance to the convention center. I wouldn't say it is in the heart of good restaurant neighborhood, but those were not far away. I would absolutely recommend this property and will gladly stay here again on business or personal travel to Vancouver.

Room Tip: I had a room in the NorthWest corner of the building, and could look down the hill to the convention...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Narcissus G,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your recent visit to Four Season Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased we were able to create such a strong positive impression on you. Our colleagues are truly our greatest assets. Without their efforts Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts would not have the reputation for excellence it does today. As one of the original Four Seasons, we value the positive feedback regarding our overall hotel product. I am equally grateful to learn that you were impressed by the large size of our guest rooms – in fact, we offer some of the largest hotel rooms in the city. Being centrally located in the heart of Vancouver’s downtown, we are just moments away from everything; such a timesaver!

We appreciate you recommending us to our online community for both business and leisure dinners. There is nothing more valuable than referrals from our satisfied guests.

Narcissus G, thank you again for your wonderful comments; it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team. We look forward to your next business or leisure trip with us.

England
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed foo 2 nights following a cruise and found this a very clean hotel with big rooms and crisp bedding. It is right next to a big shopping centre and within walking distance of the main city centre sights.

Room Tip: We go as high as possible
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear cg5,

I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I makes me smile when I hear that you found our central location just a moment away to wherever you need to go; such a timesaver! I am delighted to read that you found our hotel was spotless, bedding crisp, and hotel rooms well appointed in space. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Season Hotel Vancouver for many future stays.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We chose this hotel for a one night stay in Vancouver before our cruise. It was a great hotel, we loved the location! Close to Canada Place - where you can catch transfers to Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge. Also, very close to Robson street where you can find great shopping and dining. Within walking distance to Starbucks was also a plus!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Bigfamilyfun7,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver before your cruise. It is good to hear that you found our central location in arms reach; such a timesaver! Thank you for your note, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Faboulous hotel, downtown Vancouver central to everything direct access into Pacific Mall. Room are spacious and have great city/mountain view. Look out for weekend deals.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious - higher level
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear JHS19,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our online community and us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and soaring above Pacific Centre Mall, I agree that our location makes it extremely convenience during the December month for any holiday shopping. I appreciate you taking the time to write to us, and hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for many more visits.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Four Seasons brand is five-star but this hotel is four-star at best.

Having stayed at other FS hotels, this one is quite dated and in desperate need of renovation. It's neither modern nor classic but stuck in the middle - the lobby and mezzanine look at least three decades old - the exception being their contemporary restaurant/lounge Yew, which had an absolutely fantastic menu and cocktail list - the Yew staff, however, always seemed to be distracted/unavailable despite it being nearly empty . The reception staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

The location is unbeatable and I had a wonderful city view, the room was quiet and well-utilized for space - you're in the heart of the city and practically across the street from the art gallery, major sightseeing points and the hotel is in the same building as a shopping center and subway station.

It's a great hotel for family or business or if you want a central, convenient location without renting a car - but if you're looking a five-star FS experience similar to Hong Kong, Geneva or Los Angeles - you won't get it here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank grumpykins
Dear Grumpykins,

Thank you for your value feedback. We are a four-star hotel, and one of the original Canadian properties of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. With that being said, we do lack some of the moderate amenities required to achieve the standard five-star rating, a rating the majority of our sister properties have achieved.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some shortcomings with our colleagues at YEW Restaurant + Bar. Our Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver as well YEW Restaurant + Bar teams are always on standby to assist in any way possible to ensure you fully enjoy your visit.

I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of our central downtown location and felt the guest rooms were well appointed in space.

Grumpykins, we appreciate your time in writing to us. We look forward to future stays with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I traveled to FS Vancouver in May 2012 for a meeting and had a wonderful experience! The staff who helped organize our meeting was fantastic and went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. My suite (1520) was fantastic- great views of the garden and pool, the city, mountains, ocean. The room itself, was nicely decorated, clean, large, and very comfortable! I dined at YEW twice during my stay - the food was absolutely amazing and reasonably priced.The hotel is centrally located and within a short walking distance to several main (Vancouver) attractions. I hope to return someday (with my family this time) for a longer stay.Thank you Mr. Cima, Mr. Koskela, Rhea, Marcia, Sunny & Axel for a wonderful meeting & stay!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business