“First time at Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“First time at Four Seasons”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

It felt like luck to us that we were able to get a room at the Four Seasons for a competitive rate, and we stayed for 3 nights in a Deluxe Executive Suite on the fifteenth floor overlooking the swimming pool and patio. The hotel is just like any luxury hotel - the amenities are the same, and the hotel is maintained perfectly. The difference that we experienced from other luxury hotels (the Fairmont chain has been a mainstay for us for years) was the level of customer service that this property offered. The attention to detail in setting up the room for us with a crib, infant toiletries, and even snacks for our little one was amazing. Everyone calls you by your name, Mr and Mrs ____, all the time. The entire stay was great, and the in-room dining for breakfast was worth the money. This is now our hotel of choice of in the Vancouver area, sorry L'Hermitage - you've been replaced.

Room Tip: Book the best you can get on a travel site, and ask for an upgrade when you arrive.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Conor T,

You really know how to put a smile on my face after a long day of work.

It was such a delight to read that you and your family had a memorable and enjoyable stay here in Vancouver. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room and our hotel amenities. We strive hard to make each visit special for all of our guests, including our younger ones and it is immensely rewarding to know that our efforts are recognized and appreciated.

Our founder, Mr. Isadore Sharp, built this company on fundamental values - values that we work diligently to uphold each and every day through every guest interaction. It is truly inspirational when I read our guests still appreciate these values. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home for many more family visits.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was here for a conference in April for 3 nights. The property is rather old and the decor is dated. I could tell the management try their best to maintain the hotel to the Four Season standards. There were haphazardly done small updates but the hotel is in need of a renovation. The location of the hotel is excellent. It is in the heart of downtown shopping area with lots of restaurants and convenient transportation. The room was very clean and of good size with great views of the area. The service was impeccable. The staff was courteous and helpful. If the price is right, this hotel would be great for travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear icsng,

Thank you for writing to us regarding your recent stay at Four Season Hotel Vancouver.

I appreciate your feedback with regards to the condition of our guest rooms. We have had several renovations over the last 35+ years we have been operating with the last one in 2009 before the 2010 Winter Olympics. It is true that we do lack some of the moderate amenities our newest sister properties have; however, our guest rooms are in fact considered one of the largest in the city. With that said, we are proud of our impeccable service standards and strive to accommodate each and every guest. I am truly blessed to be working with so many dedicated and professional colleagues that value the fundamental principles our founder, Mr. Isadore Sharp, built his company on – principles that we work conscientiously to uphold each and every day through every guest interaction.

Location and its convenience is a reoccurring factor that seems to be extremely important to our guests. I am so pleased that you were able to take advantage of our centrally located property, and really explore Vancouver’s downtown core.

Thank you again for the observations and wonderful feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to having you back for future stays in Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights here in one of the Deluxe Executive Suites and the room was awesome. Very spacious and the service was as good as it can get. Five star all the way. The bed was so comfortable. The hotel is attached to the Pacific Centre Mall which is right off of the elevators. The pool area and work put facilities is top of the line and very well kept. We really enjoyed our stay here and will return for sure. a bit pricy but it's well worth the splurge to stay here.

Room Tip: I would suggest one of the Deluxe Executive Suites. Large King bed, 2 bathrooms, 2 flat screen TV...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jiffypop101
Dear Jiffypop101,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am so thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit with your wife. I am so pleased that we were able to create such a lasting impression on you by our spacious guest rooms, divine beds, and exceptional guest service. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to relax and rejuvenated in our 4th floor Club 4 pool and gym facilities.

Thank you for our kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel frequently on business and stay in hotels on a short list approved by my employer. Some are dreadful. Most are completely forgettable. My 3 night stay at the Four Seasons Vancouver made a strong positive impression. The arrival staff was excellent and accommodated my special room request. The front desk, concierge, and bell men were always friendly and helpful without being obsequious. The room was quiet and well appointed with comfortable, clean furnishings. I loved the morning coffee service, as I lack confidence in the cleanliness of most in-room coffee makers. The location was conveniently close to public transportation and walking distance to the convention center. I wouldn't say it is in the heart of good restaurant neighborhood, but those were not far away. I would absolutely recommend this property and will gladly stay here again on business or personal travel to Vancouver.

Room Tip: I had a room in the NorthWest corner of the building, and could look down the hill to the convention...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Narcissus G,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your recent visit to Four Season Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased we were able to create such a strong positive impression on you. Our colleagues are truly our greatest assets. Without their efforts Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts would not have the reputation for excellence it does today. As one of the original Four Seasons, we value the positive feedback regarding our overall hotel product. I am equally grateful to learn that you were impressed by the large size of our guest rooms – in fact, we offer some of the largest hotel rooms in the city. Being centrally located in the heart of Vancouver’s downtown, we are just moments away from everything; such a timesaver!

We appreciate you recommending us to our online community for both business and leisure dinners. There is nothing more valuable than referrals from our satisfied guests.

Narcissus G, thank you again for your wonderful comments; it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team. We look forward to your next business or leisure trip with us.

England
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed foo 2 nights following a cruise and found this a very clean hotel with big rooms and crisp bedding. It is right next to a big shopping centre and within walking distance of the main city centre sights.

Room Tip: We go as high as possible
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear cg5,

I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I makes me smile when I hear that you found our central location just a moment away to wherever you need to go; such a timesaver! I am delighted to read that you found our hotel was spotless, bedding crisp, and hotel rooms well appointed in space. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Season Hotel Vancouver for many future stays.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We chose this hotel for a one night stay in Vancouver before our cruise. It was a great hotel, we loved the location! Close to Canada Place - where you can catch transfers to Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge. Also, very close to Robson street where you can find great shopping and dining. Within walking distance to Starbucks was also a plus!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Bigfamilyfun7,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver before your cruise. It is good to hear that you found our central location in arms reach; such a timesaver! Thank you for your note, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Faboulous hotel, downtown Vancouver central to everything direct access into Pacific Mall. Room are spacious and have great city/mountain view. Look out for weekend deals.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious - higher level
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear JHS19,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our online community and us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and soaring above Pacific Centre Mall, I agree that our location makes it extremely convenience during the December month for any holiday shopping. I appreciate you taking the time to write to us, and hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for many more visits.