Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Hyatt Regency Vancouver(Vancouver)
Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
3,948 results
All reviewsyew restaurantthe indoor outdoor poolpacific centre mallroom serviceconcierge deskluxury hotelturn down servicehotel restaurantthe heart of the citycanada linevalet parkingan upgradethe location is perfectcorner roomcanada placerobson streetstanley park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is very good. Our room was not ready when we arrived in Vancouver on our cruise ship so we were upgraded at once. Excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tony N
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your complimentary note. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you so quickly. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Season Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons in March. The rooms were impeccable and decor was mundane. The hotel rooms were nothing better than a Marriott. The service was over the top and outstanding. We were tired after travelling to Whistler so we stayed for 2 nights. The staff was incredible from every detail. The pool was fun and well maintained. We were impressed that they had a life jacket available for our 2 year old. Our daughter suffered a small head injury after falling in the children's play area, which is not suitable or friendly for anyone under the age of 5 and hotel security was attentive and brought ice to her immediately. They really went out of their way to serve. Our last night housekeeping knocked for turn down service and our 2 year old was with me when I answered the door. The housekeeper had small bottles of water in hand and when my 2 year old asked for one, she told him no, our room was not on the list. For some it may not seem like a big deal, they have bottled water that you can purchase in the room for an outrageous fee, but to a 2 year old it caused a melt down and then made us feel as if we did not pay enough to stay in the room. Their was some confusion about what size crib was available for daughter who just turned one. They brought in a smaller crib but we needed the larger crib. The crib was beautifully outfitted with infant bedding and the children loved having a snack delivered to the room and picking a toy from the red wagon. This trip was great and we would stay again. We would love to see a little more infant friendly activities and toys available in the playroom.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Kostas C, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear jl1879,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your visit in March.

I am so pleased to hear that you thought the cleanliness of the rooms were impeccable, and I appreciate your feedback with regards to the decor. We have had several renovations over the last 36+ years we have been operating with the last one in 2009 before the 2010 Winter Olympics. It is true that we do lack some of the moderate amenities our newest sister properties have; however, our guest rooms are considered one of the largest in the city.

I am sorry to hear that your 2 year old had a bit of a tumble, but am relieved to know that we were able to response quickly and appropriately.

I am also disappointed to hear of the water bottle incident. I assure you, this was quite an odd interaction, and is certainly not the norm here from a guest service point of view. I am, however, pleased to hear that the confusion of the crib was resolved and that you were fully content with the infant bedding provided.

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Please rest assured that we will work diligently at improving the overall guest experience including infants and hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I always request "A Quiet Room" on an online reservation that I make for myself. And so far, I have to say, that it seems the results can be summed up as 15 meaningless type strokes even when reiterated at check in. And I wonder if others have the same experience like we just had at the Four Seasons. A very attractive, sweet, attentive check in person whose providing Four Seasons level Customer Empathy listens to my request for a quiet room and gives us room 904. And while everything about room 904 was fine, if this is one of their quieter rooms, I can't imagine what their noisy rooms are like. Well yes, actually I can imagine, perhaps they are like being homeless and sleeping in a doorway on Howe St. listening to trucks accelerate, buses stop, the almost unending beeping of some vehicle doing something all night. So, I've decided to start requesting the noisiest possible rooms when I check in somewhere and see what that brings.
So my review is 5 stars for Customer Service (or Customer Revenge) and Concierge Service. Four stars for location and ambience. One star for sound proofing.
One final note and a milestone in corporate greed and brilliance. I'll note, my stay was a combination of miles and cash which did not include internet access. Internet is $11.95/day. But if there are two computers in the room as in, yours and your spouses, the cost of using both of them is $16.95/day plus tax. Which I guess is consistent with the $7.50 bottled water in the room. Is there a way to describe this behavior other than: if they keep coming, we'll keep sticking it to them? I left wondering if Goldman Sacks or some former Enron employees owned this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the noisiest room possible and see if this bit of reverse psychology works. And no matter, if you are a light sleeper avoid room 904!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary B
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear inmauinow,

Thank you for writing us your observations of your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with regards to the outside noise level. With the convenience of being located in the heart of the downtown core, it does come with its charms such as festivals at Robson Square and the Vancouver Art Gallery. With that said, we do have the entire Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver team on standby to assist in any way possible to ensure you fully enjoy your visit. I am fully confident anyone of our agents would be pleased to resolve any issues that may arise.

I appreciate your thoughts regarding internet. Currently we do offer complimentary internet as well as full printing and scanning equipment in our business centre. For quick email access, we offer three complimentary terminals located in the main lobby on the second floor.

Thank you for your candid thoughts. All feedback is good feedback. We appreciate your time in writing to us.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Service is tops in the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver. The staff are extremely friendly, all requests are taken care of immediately with a smile. We stayed for 4 nights and everything was absolutlely perfect. I highly recommend this hotel. The location, the service, the rooms, the restaurant , the swimming pool- all were wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a suite. It was well worth the $50 for the upgrade. Take the upgrade if it is offered to you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear MontrealTraveller51,

You know the word “perfect” is something we strive to be each and every day, and that is truly difficult to obtain. I am so pleased to know your stay was made so memorable by our dedicated and professional colleagues, centralized location, well-appointed guest rooms, YEW Restaurant + Bar, and fitness facilities. Our entire team at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver would like to thank you for your kind words you shared on TripAdvisor. We hope to have the privilege and pleasure in welcoming you back for many more visits at your Vancouver home.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I am a big fan of the Four Seasons. The Chicago property is probably the best hotel experience we've ever had.

The property in Vancouver is in a great spot. The service is impecable and friendly. The newly renovated restaurant was fantastic (went there three nights in a row we liked it so much).

The facility is very nice - the lobby is clean but is not as elegant as you might expect for a Four Seasons. I felt like the lobby and rooms could be modernized a bit. That's not a complaint, but just an observation.

Overall, we had an exceptional experience but the property is not as nice as some of the other Four Seasons properties.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear giborca,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at YEW Restaurant + Bar, and I appreciate you visiting it not only once but three times during your stay. We have such passionate talents within that team, and it is so rewarding to know that their efforts are being recognized.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your thoughts on the condition of our lobby and guest rooms. We are one of the original properties of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, and since being opened since 1976, we have had several renovations with the last being before the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. I will admit that we do lack some of the moderate amenities our newer sister properties possess; however, we are proud of our impeccable service standards and strive to accommodate each and every guest. With that said, we continue to look for opportunities that are in line with our efforts in keeping a fresh competitive product that will maximize the overall guest experience.

Thank you for you continued support and loyalty. We hope to have the privilege and pleasure in welcoming you back to many more visits at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts worldwide.