“Great stay at Four Seasons!”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay at Four Seasons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I spent four nights (Aug 11 to 14) at FS Vancouver when I was travelling for work. My requirements of a clean room (it was spotless), quiet room (almost perfectly quiet - could hear other rooms only when near hallway), and sufficient room to work & spread out documents were all met. In addition, the staff were fantastic. I have stayed at other chains that pride themselves on service, and some of them deliver really well, but FS knocked it out of the ballpark. Even though the hotel was reasonably busy, I really did feel like a guest, and that no request was too small or in any way problematic. Every single staff person was eager to help out, incredibly pleasant and professional, with follow up to make sure I was happy about everything. You really do feel well taken care of here.

Room service breakfast was pricey, so I only had it once. It was very good, and best coffee I had during my entire time in Vancouver. The morning of departure, I made use of the free coffee set up in the lobby for early departing folks, and it was nice to have.

Thanks to tip from another TA review, I brought along a clothespin to clip the drapes shut (the windows let in a lot of light).

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As others have indicated, rooms face east/west and let in a lot of light; the drapes block it well...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel does not represent the Four Seasons chain well. It needs to be completely renovated-bathrooms, sheets, linens, carpet and amenities. The restaurant is great, but the rooms are sub par. The staff is friendly and helpful. However, for the upend luxury price, there are far better choices currently in Vancouver. We stayed at the Fairmont chain for the balance of our two week trip to canada and loved every other high end facility.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BruceMiami2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had reason to stay at the 4Seasons Hotel Vancouver over 3 different periods during July and August 2013 and could not have asked for a better hotel. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the staff extremely courteous and very obliging. We could not have asked for a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We love the Four Seasons and usually stay at one when we travel. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Whistler for 6 days prior to staying at FS in Vancouver. We loved the Whistler location,but what a disappointment when we arrived at Vancouver FS. We sat in the lobby for over an hour because our room wasn't ready. I finally had to go ask if the room was ready. No one came to tell us. When we got to the room our suitcases were already sitting there. No idea how long the room had been ready. The room was tiny for a superior with a city view. We had a view of another building's roof top and their ac units. Definitely not what we paid for. We had requested a month in advance a rollaway bed for my daughter. We gave them my daughter's name and age. The bed wasn't in the room and to our disappointment nothing was set-up for our little girl. Every FS we've stayed in has always had a cookie with her name written on it with milk for her. They also leave a little robe and slippers. We thought this was normal FS procedure. Apparently not at the Vancouver FS. The room was very old and dated. There were stains on the carpet. The bathroom was so tiny, my husband and I could barely fit in it. The shower only had a half glass so we had to put a towel on the floor to catch the water shooting out of the tub.
We bought the bed and breakfast package. We had room service every morning. I have to commend them for the food and service. We also ate in the restaurant downstairs Yew. The food was fantastic and our server was wonderful. The crab tacos were phenomenal!
When we got home to the US, we were shocked to see that our hotel bill was changed. We were charged an additional $50 each night. The hotel charged us for our daughter staying in the same room with us each night! We've never had a FS charge for kids. Kids 18 and under are free. We will not be staying at FS Vancouver again. Definitely not a five star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 3seasonedtravelers
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear 3seasonedtravlers,

Thank you again for taking the time to write and share your observations as we learn so much from our guests and their expectations. Notes such as yours allow us to frame up constructive feedback and enable us to better serve our guests.

I am terribly disappointed that your visit was less than acceptable and that you have left with a poor impression of us. Clearly, this is not what you or we had envisioned for this trip. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our team in Vancouver. We will have a focal discussions regarding your visit with each of the team that you had encountered in a sincere effort to learn about how we can be better in the future. Our efforts are usually extremely well received by our guests from product to service experiences. Obviously in you case we fell far from our mark.

I am so pleased to hear that you had positive experiences through Room Service and YEW seafood + bar. We are truly blessed by the wonderful talents we have both in service and kitchen colleagues of those departments. It would be my pleasure in sharing your thoughts with them, as I know this will inspire our colleagues to continue to do great things.

Please rest assured that we will work diligently at improving the our product and guest experience. Hopefully at some point in the future, you'll give us another opportunity to try us again. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations.

Kind regards,
Kari Koskela
Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff and facilities were top notch. We were greeted by a friendly and professional woman at the front desk who suggested a very reasonable change to our room configuration given we had four kids in our party. The concierge provided outstanding recommendations for dinner plans around the city as did the knowledgeable bell hop! We enjoyed our short time at the Four Season, especially at the pool.

Room Tip: address any room chnange ideas with the front desk as they will be helpful in meeting your needs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Huntsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We were part of the cruise crowd; but we stayed 5 nights @ the FS. My partner ran with the manager one morning, too fast for me! The fitness center and pool were my favorite spots. Beautiful, relaxing garden atmosphere and professional staff to assist in any program. The concierge desk was extremely helpful to us. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tomr1109
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We checked into the 4 seasons but the moment we arrived the experience began, our taxi cruised up to the entrance and staff ran to our aid with the luggage, a warm greeting and a promise that our bags would be in our room five minutes from our checking in. The check in was great a most helpful and polite man listened as my wife explained that were there for 3 nights, 2 we had booked and the last was booked via Rocky Mountaineer, could we have the same room please if possible? The gentleman explained that they were almost full and the two rooms were of a different category, however, he could up grade us to a suite for the three nights.....plastic meltdown I began to think.....but to my delight he told me the normal extra charge and then gave me a very reasonable discount....we took the suite and yes our bags were in the suite when we walked through the door. The suite was fantastic, a large lounge with huge TV, good sized bedroom and two bathrooms all for less than £100 extra and the view was brilliant. The bed was very comfortable with great linen and the bathrooms large and well appointed and full of items. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent although possibly a little expensive but the buffet was well stocked with a great variety and you could get your monies worth, service was quick, efficient and courteous. We did not like the dinner menu....just not to our taste .... so I cannot comment. The doormen were always helpful and gave us great tips about how to get around and good places to eat. The hotel sits on top of a shopping complex ant there are plenty of places to eat there. The location is perfect, almost central so most things are within a 30 minute steady walk.
What more can I say? If we ever go back to Vancouver this is where we would stay, it's a great experience and although towards the top end cost wise it is worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple