“The perfect hotel...literally!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“The perfect hotel...literally!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Amazing staff - they are always so courteous and more than willing to help. Such lovely people! Beautiful rooms! It's such a beautiful hotel! It's like stepping into another world. Love it here! Wish I never had to leave...even though I'm always there for business :P

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2013

one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Location was perfect, right in city centre and above a shopping mall. But the best thing was that we were able to catch the train directly from the airport to an underground station under the complex !! then just go up to the hotel. made it so easy for travellers. We hadn't realised this when we booked.

Room Tip: ask for a view across the city
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brooklyn022
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very friendly staff and wonderful amenities. Kew restaurant offers a varied menu focusing on local, fresh seafood. Kew also offers a lovely breakfast. I did not have an opportunity to visit the spa on this visit, but did enjoy the great pool/gym facilities. Location is great whether you are visiting Vancouver for business or pleasure.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed last weekend with y family and we had an exceptional experience. We had a 1 bedroom suite (Executive?) on the 20th floor. The view was great facing the north shore mountains.
Yes, this is an older hotel, there is no doubt. I will say however, I've stayed in most of the nicest hotels in Vancouver on business, and I believe the Four Seasons service is second to none.
On top of that, I found the "little details" to be exceptional at the hotel, which isn't always the case even in Vancouver's newest and finest.
I very much look forward to a return visit to this hotel.
Some of the elements I enjoyed most were:
- My 2 kids received personalized welcome chocolate strawberries with their names in chocolate on the plate.
- The grab and go brekkie in Yew restaurant was great, and I truly enjoyed that the breakfast sandwich ($5) was served on a dry english muffin. I really appreciate when excess fat isn't forced on me for convenience!
- The bell/front desk/door services were absolutely exceptional.

Wonderful wonderful visit,

Will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
campbell river
Reviewed 18 November 2013

best service in Vancouver. great location. friendly staff. great food. great exercise room. always attentive. I stay here 30-40 nights per year on business and I have tried them all. this is where I come back to when in Vancouver.

Sydney
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is ideally situated in down town Vancouver. Everything is either within walking distance or transport is easy to get. The hop-on/off buses stop virtually across the road near the Art Gallery, shopping mall is directly under the hotel and good restaurants nearby.
The room we had was a good size with safe and free WiFi (but only for one device). Very comfortable bed and effective curtains. Bathroom was very clean and with ample space - though a combined bath/shower, the bath was one of the better sized we had through BC.
We didn't eat in the restaurant. It was large and open and the drinks lounge was also part of this open area. I thought it was very loud. There didn't seem to be a more quiet lounge area to sit and relax with after dinner drinks. For this I would suggest either the Hotel Georgia across the road, or the Fairmont on the other side of the Art Gallery. Both their lounges were good (and the one in the Hotel Georgia thankfully didn't have a TV) . There also wasn't a cafe in the hotel - presumably as there are several close-by. I would suggest the Bel Cafe across the road (part of Hotel Georgia).
Though good service is expected in a hotel of this quality, I thought the staff here were excellent in all our interactions with them.
I would happily stay here again, but given the price I would consider other hotels for value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great "experience" hotel for its age, exceeded expectations in that regard. However, there was no pen in my room and so I could not order breakfast. The fridge didn't work either and so my back-up breakfast smoothie and milk were spoiled when I awoke in the morning.