“My favourite pool in the city of Vancouver! The cheese plate is absolutely fantastic! I'd go back :)”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I absolutely loved the pool on the 4th floor overlooking the city of Vancouver! :) The cheese plate and the yogurt parfait were fantastic!!! :) the service was great and very pleasant each and every time required.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Cheese plate and the pool :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Very central hotel with a great location. Close to underground stop to/from airport, connecting entrance to a shopping mall (with ok food court). The lobby was nothing special which was suprising for a hotel of this standard. I had a room on the 27th floor with great view of the city. Staff was very helpful if you needed anything. I would definitly consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Vancouver is a beautiful city. It offers beautiful sceneries and many activities. Many of which, is a short drive from downtown. As I travel frequently for work, I have the opportunity to stay at many hotels across the world and see the city on my downtime. I tend to come back to hotels where I've experienced great service. My first stay at Four Seasons Vancouver was a delight. The service from the front desk staff to the housekeeping was exceptional, so I've booked all future stays there.

After my 1st stay, the great service and warmth has slowly deteriorated. It has not just happened once or twice, as I've been staying here every other month since 2 years ago.
I've experienced rude reception several times upon check-in, being checked-in to a room where the bed has not yet been turned down or the bathroom not yet cleaned, and not having toiletries replaced or refilled. After informing the front desk, all they had to say is sorry. All these times, I've been polite, brushed it off and was always very accepting of their apology.

As one who believes in 2nd chances and thinking it was a one time thing, I was hoping that this hotel would redeem itself so I have returned and booked my stay for every BC visit (which is every other month of the year). The service did not get better and the room's location seemed to get worse with every visit.

With the amount you pay per night here, you'd hope that a luxury hotel's quality and standards are met or that you'd at least be given a warm welcome. It would also be nice that a guest's loyalty to a hotel they frequent would be appreciated in some way. Also, being courteous to a guest is always a plus.

Although the service I've received at Four Seasons Vancouver was not up to par as other Four Seasons I've stayed at, their restaurant Yew did make up for it. Delicious food and great service every time! Even on a busy night, they try to find a spot for you. You won't regret to Yew, well worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jean N
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Jean,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am terribly disappointed and dismayed that we have let you down. Please know that we take your comments very seriously.

The shortcomings in service you experienced are regrettable and clearly missed the mark in several areas on several different occasions. Clearly, this is unacceptable and not typical of the level and quality of service upon which we built our reputation and sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

Jean, it was gracious of you to mention the excellent experience at YEW seafood + bar despite your concerns. Please know that we will work diligently at improving the overall guest experience and hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to exceed your original expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations.

Kind regards,

Joerg Rodig
Hotel Manager
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely room.free guest internet. Close to everything n at lobby entrance you can walk into shopping mall n food court. Really nice hotel. Def worth going to this hotel. Staff were friendly. I would love to stay here again. A+ hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brian w
Rochford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and can not fault our stay in any way. The hotel is in an excellent location and we were able to get almost everywhere easily on foot. The Pacific Centre mall is attached to the hotel along with a Sky Train station adding to the hotel's convenience.

We found the staff to be exceptionally helpful - bell services, front desk and concierge all were very friendly and made our stay and visit to Vancouver a pleasure.

The room was huge and extremely well furnished and maintained with an equally large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet so sleep was not an issue.

Our one negative was the pool. Although the pool area is very nice part of the pool is outside which for us made it unusable as even the water inside was cold.

Overall we loved this hotel and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tobesk
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My only complaint about the Four Seasons is that we can't live there full time.

This is the best hotel we stayed in on our month long holiday and for so many reasons.

From the moment we arrived after a 13 hour flight, everything was just seamless. The skytrain from the airport delivered us to the door of the hotel. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and the amazing Christmas treats left in our room for the children were just beautiful.

We stayed on the 24th floor with a view of the library, stadium, church and boutique stores.
The beds and linens were first class and the L'Occitane products in the bathroom were lovely.

Whenever we needed to know anything, the concierge not only provided us with information, but also went the extra mile, making phonecalls and suggesting alternatives that we would never have known existed. I'm sure they arranged for it to snow on our third day. Canadians are definitely the friendliest and most genuine people we have ever encountered on all our travels.

We managed to get a really good rate and would definitely investigate staying here rather than anywhere else in Vancouver. It was so central, the public transport was first class also.

Thank you Four Seasons for making our first ever visit to Vancouver so amazing. For this reason we have decided we will definitely be coming back to stay and will now use Four Seasons Hotels as our first preference.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan H
london
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here one night after spending a week in whistler. All staff were helpful from the start- were the door men call ahead so when you get to reception check in is very fast. Our room was great, shower was nice and powerful and the bed was comfortable. We had breakfast in Yew, the food was very nice and the staff were great. The hotel is in a superb location, minutes away from Tiffany, Victoria secret, Gucci and there is also a shopping mall joint to the hotel. We took a 30 minute walk along the harbour from the hotel to the aquarium which was a nice walk. We went to the fitness area to sit in the whirlpool which was nice. The fitness area has a large indoor/outdoor pool and a gym with a good range of equipment, towels and different flavour water was complimentary. If I am back in Vancouver I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked a standard room and upgraded on arrival for $40
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple