“mixed feelings”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for 6 days March 2014 the rooms were lovely clean modern and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location easy access to the friendly city of Vancouver . However the staff ( concierge, security) were patronising and rude on several occasions, which marred our time spent at this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle W
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Michelle W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations as it helps us learn about our guests and their expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and the location of the hotel - Vancouver has a lot to offer and we are fortunate to be in the centre of it all.

I am terribly disappointed that you left with a poor impression of our staff and I want to offer my sincerest apologies. That is not the quality of service we expect from our staff and please know that we will follow up with our team. We hope that at some point in the future you will give us another opportunity when visiting Vancouver.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,754)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great Stay!!!, love the place, love the pool, the correct location walking distance from everything. The Yew restaurant was excellent.

VERY special commendation to Concierge Susana Boucher, I have stayed in some of the most presitgious establishments around the globe (also in some of the most infamous :)) and I have NEVER had the privilege of such a a high quality attention and service as the one effortlessly provided by Susana Boucher.

Will be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesYitu
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear JamesYitu,

Wow! Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I have to agree about our location, being in the heart of downtown provides us with an abundance of easily accessible amenities. I am also thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at YEW seafood + bar and that our Concierge staff was able to provide you with excellent service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to having you back for future visits!

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We LOVE the Four Seasons when visiting Vancouver!!! The location is central to everything we want to do - dining, shopping, biking, sight seeing. My kids LOVE the pool. The staff is always soooo helpful and very professional. The rooms are plush and so clean. We asked for a rollaway and extra towels and pillows - which were delivered right away. Upon departure - the valets sent each of us off with a bottled water for our road trip back to Seattle. Nice touch!

Dear Liz3318,

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. Thank you very much for your positive review. It is terrific to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that your children had so much fun in our indoor/outdoor pool - it really is a terrific way to spend time with the kids. I will be sure to share your message to our staff as they will be pleased to know that they had a positive impact on your stay.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed at the Four Seasons, Vancouver in the past for work, so it felt like home when I returned. This time, I was there for 2 weeks. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, and it was easy to get to where I had to for work.
The room was lovely, well maintained. My boyfriend arrived on the weekend, and it was spacious enough for the two of us. I didn't realize that there was a personalized postcard in the room until a few days into my stay, and it was a nice touch.
The gym is small, but great for a hotel. It didn't have everything that we needed, but enough for us to make alternative routines.
The staff were super friendly. I have to mention the one host at the concierge desk, Susana...she always had a smile on her face, and was always willing to help. She was super personable...she made us feel welcomed and always followed up with us on requests that we had the previous nights.
I also spoke to Mara, who made reservations for us at the Sandbar. After we settled in and ordered our dinner, appetizer appeared before our eyes...compliments from Mara at the hotel.
I can go on about how much I enjoy staying at the Four Seasons, but at the end of the day, its the staff that make the hotel that much better.
I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear mchong5619,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to mix both work and pleasure during your visit to Vancouver. It is so wonderful to hear that our concierge staff really made your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming back to your ‘home away from home’ at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I would normally prefer a waterfront location, but this was fully booked this time. It was ok for a short business trip.
In exchange one is closer to shopping and business. For good views look for rooms higher up, and on the corner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear HerbertMeier,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to standards. We try to provide a variety of breakfast options for our guests and I am pleased to tell you that in addition to our regular breakfast menu, we recently extended our weekend breakfast buffet to include week days as well.

Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Vancouver!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The indoor/outdoor pool was a hit! We went twice a day. Being so centrally located we walked to dinner every night, and it only took us 10 or so minutes to get to the Aquarium. I would highly recommend the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver to anyone, in any circumstance. What a great stay!!

Dear DPBELLEVUE,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the pool and that you got to experience the wonderful Vancouver Aquarium! I have to agree about our location; we are extremely lucky to have so many activities, restaurants and shops just beyond our doorstep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver on your next visit!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

2nd Four Seasons hotel of our vacation.

Everything was up to usual FS standards, great location, staff and service. Front of house team were really helpful, Cole in particular stood out for efficient, friendly and genuinely helpful hints and advice.

By comparison with Whistler FS;
- rooms smaller, a little less grand and a little more tired as might be expected of a city centre retreat.
- spa/pool/gym area needs a refresh but the kids loved the indoor-to-outdoor pool.
- Yew restaurant is great for coffee, drinks and formal dining.

Dear Matt H,

What a great trip you must have had to experience both Whistler and Vancouver! I am thrilled that you and your children had so much fun in our indoor and outdoor pool, it really is a terrific way to spend time with the kids.

As one of the original Four Seasons properties we realize we are not the youngest kid on the block but with several renovations in the last few years as well as ongoing improvements, we strive to meet the needs of our discerning guests.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to have the priveledge of serving you again the next time you are visiting Vancouver!