“A terrific experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“A terrific experience”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel exceeded my expectations.

Pros:
- The service was professional and friendly. Idris, a member of the concierge staff, went out of his way to make reservations and accommodate our requests
- The furniture in the room was high quality. The bed was particularly comfortable.

Cons:
- The bathroom was a little small
- I'm not fond of the gym layout. The pool is located next to the treadmills which is potentially dangerous because of the wet tile floors. Additionally, there are a lot of children around (which you don't find at gyms regularly) because of the pool. While I was running on a treadmill a wet rubber ball hit me in the leg because two kids were playing in the pool -- I feel the proximity is a safety hazard.
- Although Idris (the concierge) was wonderful another concierge member recommended a rather poor restaurant for breakfast.

4.5 stars overall.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben B
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Ben B,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver and for your feedback and comments.

Your note is truly a testament to our colleagues’ competence and dedication to hospitality. We are simply blessed to have such professional talents. Without their efforts, such as the efforts of Idris, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts would not have the reputation for excellence it does today. I will be pleased to share your note with Idris, as I know it will inspire her to continue to do this and more.

I am sorry about the inconvenience of the safety hazard within our gym layout. We do put the safety of our guests first in all situations, and I apologize if this was overlooked during your stay. I also apologize if the breakfast that was recommended to you were not to the level you expected. Please keep in mind we do have a lovely breakfast served in our restaurant YEW seafood + bar which has an array of delicious dishes and beverages.

We hope to see you in the near future at your second home of the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

So, you are looking for luxury? Personalised service? Nothing to worry about? Great location? You are right here. Yes, the building and hotel weren't built yesterday but the Forbes 5 star rating were just given to this hotel and you will find out staying here why: From the time we walked in, checked in you got the feeling that you don't want to leave anymore. The vibes we experienced in YEW and the bar, no matter at what time you come, it felt always fun. Attentive service, great flavors and buzzing atmosphere. We liked the offer of a buffet for Breakfast, two options, if you don't feel like ham, eggs and sausages. I know that Vancouver has lots of options for Seafood but we enjoy YEW every time we are in Vancouver and always got surprised, in a good way. The room was amazing, not only the view, but the famous mattress always made our night. Just fantastic sleep and ready to explore more from Vancouver. In case you don't want to step outside, take a dip in the pool and just swim outside. Work out first, start swimming inside and all over sudden you will find yourself outside. We love the location while most of the places we like to go are either in walking distance or easy to reach, having your base here at the Four Seasons. Yes, it isn't the newest one but you can't beat the service and smiles from everybody. Thank you Four Seasons for some amazing days in Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear MAJonTour,

I truly love to read reviews such as this as they always put a smile on my face. I thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, and it is always a pleasure to serve guests such as you!

I am thrilled that you had a memorable dining experience at YEW seafood +bar; we do try to make it something unique and special for all of our clientele, and offer as many options as we can beyond our menu!

We do pride ourselves in offering unforgettable sleeps and comfort for our guests, and I’m ecstatic that you felt renewed and refreshed for your days spent in Vancouver.

MaJonTour, let me thank you again for your kind words. Please remember your second home in Vancouver is always ready to welcome you back!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent services, staff was friends, recognized my children. My daughters loved the hotel and as I did as well. Very family friendly and great service, I will return and do recommend for business, families or if you just want to relax.

Room Tip: quit, clean, quite, very great for families.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teniel A
Dear Teniel,

Firstly, thank you for your thoughtful words and recommendation of our establishment of Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver!

It is truly a pleasure to read that our staff took care and consideration into making your stay for you and your daughter as convenient as possible and with much care. Your note is truly a wonderful testament to our staffs’ professionalism and dedication. We are so blessed to have such individuals.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for future stays.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If I could, I would give this hotel a 4.5 rating to accurately describe my recent experience. My husband and I spent a night at the Four Seasons in Vancouver earlier this month to celebrate our two-year anniversary. In the past, we stayed at Fairmont Waterfront just a few blocks away from Four Seasons for our one-year anniversary as well as our wedding night. Our room at Four Seasons was perfect and service upon arrival was spectacular. My only complaint is the person I spoke with when making the reservation was not very professional or informative. The elevators and hallways at this hotel are also older, compared to other 5-star hotels we've stayed at. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely consider returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cheryl L
Dear Cheryl,

Firstly, congratulations on your 2 year anniversary and thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate!

Thank you so much for your kind words of our colleague and service. Quite simply we are blessed to have such competent and dedicated group of people. I will share your thoughts with them, as there is no better motivation than words of praise from our guests for a job well done.

I do apologize for the individual who was not as helpful as they could have been. This is not up to the level of our standards of excellence, but this behavior should not be overlooked. I hope you accept my sincerest of apologies about this incident.

We hope to see you back for the 3 year anniversary!

Rocklin, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We LOVED the location, we appreciated a great check-in experience and concierge was awesome. Husband wishes the rooms had a coffee maker, but once we got past that, we knew on the 4th floor and lobby offered EXCELLENT coffee (fruit also available early mornings in the fitness center). The WIFI IS complimentary - you can link up to 2 devices per room at no hidden fee. Not sure how people were charged unless they didn't read the two options and pick the complimentary button. YEW was a great experience as well, but quite pricey for drinks. We had Manhattans, oysters on the half, and warm olives. Be prepared to spend, but it was worth it.

Room Tip: Not much of a view on 6th floor, we stayed in room 614, but it was quiet, and the hotel location cou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Amy n Paul G,

I am glad to receive your feedback and comments on your recent experience with Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, thank you! We acknowledge and strive to improve our service with reviews such as yours!

I am thrilled you enjoyed all of the amenities and perks of our hotel, such as our lovely lobby coffee and fruit selection. It’s a great way to start a fun filled day in Vancouver! I agree, YEW seafood + bar does have a selection of mouth-watering dishes and tasty drinks, so I’m glad you were treated to some of our specialties.

We hope to welcome you back for any future trips to Vancouver!

Sydney
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If I had to chose my favourite hotel to stay in, worldwide, it would be the Four Seasons. The hotel is gorgeous and everything has been considered. But it is the amazing staff that make it was it is. From the bell desk staff to the front desk & concierge ,to the cleaning staff, they are over and above what I have experienced elsewhere. They remember your name, which is quite something considering this is a large hotel and shows how the little things count.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Curlyoz,

Reviews such as yours really make me realize how much I love working in an industry such as hospitality, where I get to my make my guests happy and reassured about choosing to stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

You are completely in the right to stay that our colleagues truly do make the experience count, and that is exactly what our staff do! Your comments are gracious and we are appreciative to receive them. I’ll be sure to share your observations with our team, as I know it will inspire them.

Curlyoz, thank you once again for your gracious words and we look forward to welcoming you back again to your second home of the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are many reasons one chooses a Four Seasons property over, say, a Motel 6: location, service, room amenities, room size, and more. The Four Seasons Vancouver delivers in nearly all of them, giving you the service one would expect, the in room amenities, and a good location. But the rooms themselves don't live up to brand expectations, particularly when it comes to size. Living quarters were adequate, but the bathroom was the smallest I have ever encountered in a five-star property. In the end, the property delivers what one expects...if in a little more compact space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CCarrnDC
Dear CCarrnDC,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, we appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased that our amenities and level of service met your expectations of our brand and of the property itself. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your room size. Our entire Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver team is always on standby to assist in any way possible to ensure you fully enjoy your visit. We are annually doing renovations on the hotel to improve our physical appearance.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.