“Hotel could use some updating-seems a bit tired. No coffee or bottled water in the room. Charging for Evian???”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is fine, not fantastic, but fine. Seems to need an update. Room service staff is exceptional. I got to know them during the week as there is not coffee avaialbe in the room, or water that you don't want to pay $8 for. Coffee is available in the lobby so you are welcome to get dressed, go downstairs and go back to your room to get dressed. not my expectation of a Four Seasons. Location to mall is great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven T
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Ms. Christa,

Thank you kindly for your recent review. Notes such as yours allow us to frame up constructive feedback and enable us to better serve our clients.

As one of the original Canadian properties of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, we do lack some of the moderate amenities compared to our newly built sister properties. With that said, we are proud of our impeccable service standards and strive to accommodate each and every guest.

We are certainly glad you enjoyed our location and that the level of service was at the standards of excellence.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for future stays at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed here once before and this visit did not disappoint. The location is ideal, a healthy walk to the big sports centres or recently, to Cirque du Soleil (Totem). Food is west coast, and arguably the best scallops I've had. The concierge staff is something else though, really helpful and they even remembered my name when I returned to the lobby. Comfortable bed and clean and uncluttered room topped it off. Free internet for basic service, which was fine for emails, etc.

Room Tip: Higher rooms afford less street noise,especially facing north and east.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Don B.,

Thank you for you note regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your experience was memorable by the efforts of our colleagues to recognize all of your needs and requirements. I am also pleased to hear you found our central location in arms reach of whatever your needs and entertainment choices were. It would be my absolute pleasure to welcome you back to many future visit with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Room was spacious and very well appointed. The pool and gym were excellent. The front desk staff were superb. My only complaint is that the free internet was terrible. Don't expect to do anything of significance as the speeds are slow and unreliable. A first class hotel should provide better internet. This is 2014.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IanandEd

Dear IanandEd,

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us from your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I appreciate your observations with regards to our Internet. Currently we do offer complimentary wifi internet with an option to upgrade to high-speed. In addition to our lobby terminals, our Business Centre located on the 3rd floor is also equipped with desktop computers with complementary full printing and scanning capabilities. Simply access it with your guest room key.

I am also thrilled that the pool and gym facilities were up to your standards, and that you found your room spacious enough to provide you with the comfort you needed.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver on any of your upcoming journeys back to Vancouver.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The location of the Four Seasons is easy walking distance to tourist areas, Waterfront, Gastown and opposite the Art Gallery. Shopping centre below the hotel. Also very easy Skytrain access from the airport to the hotel, would recommend this over a expensive transfer.Room comfortable but request one with a view beware of the air conditioners of the shopping centre below can be noisy. Have to request tea and coffee making in room. The concierge staff are very knowledgeable and helpful

Room Tip: Higher floors quiter.. request a view of harbour
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TP Travellers,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Feedback is so important to us, and I will be sure to share it with our team. We strive to make each visit special for all of our guests, and it is immensely rewarding to know that our efforts are recognized and appreciated.

My apologies with the noise in regards to the air conditioners, I hope it was not too much of an inconvenience during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to your home at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location is EXCELLENT! Easy walking to the great Vancouver downtown, art gallery and Gastown. My room was spacious and very well appointed. I found the staff to be very attentive to my requests and exceedingly friendly.

I submitted an on-line survey response and received a personal response from the hotel general manager - I think this should great attention to detail and customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear PJWray,

Firstly I would like to thank you on your incredibly kind review regarding your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I am so thrilled you took advantage of our centralized location and was able to explore around the city - we certainly do have some pretty amazing attractions here in Vancouver!

Our attention to detail and guest service is meant to offer memorable experiences for guests such as yourself, so I hope it was to the degree of excellence you had expected.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My greatest thanks to Eric on the front desk for helping to sort out my issues with Commonwealth Bank debit card. I learned a valuable lesson - do not use a debit card when checking in to a hotel. Mastercard in this case did not advise my bank to release the daily surety when we checked out leaving us short of cash. Eric went above and beyond in attempting to contact my bank - eventually successfully faxing them and releasing the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Talbingo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver on your recent visit to Vancouver.

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us, which was made possible by our colleagues but specifically our Front Drive team. We are so grateful that we have such devoted professional individuals, as our Front Drive colleagues are truly our eyes and ears for our guests. We are always glad to assist our guests with whatever their needs might be.

I will be glad to pass on your kind remarks to Eric myself. vWe hope to have to pleasure of welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here last summer - booked a vacation package with flight/hotel that saved quite a bit. It was quite a treat staying here all week - great location, luxury you'd expect of a Four Seasons, nice rooms, fantastic service. We also ate at the restaurant, Yew, and it did not disappoint. I'd highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear TXTravelLady12,

Firstly, thank you for returning to us for a second year and for your kind words. I am so glad all aspects of the hotel were at the degree of excellence you expected and more. It was truly a pleasure hearing that you appreciated all of our signature touches during your stay. I was delighted to read that you had also enjoyed YEW seafood + bar.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back for many more future stays with us!