“yew”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

always an incredible experience at 4 seasons, but the restaurant has terrible service. we have never had a bad experience at any other four seasons restaurant. they have always been the best. we were really disappointed with the server. the food was good, but we would probably chose to eat elsewhere next time..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Maggiemcd6,
Thank you for your recent visit to YEW seafood + bar, we appreciate your feedback and comments. We learn so much from our guests and their expectations.

I do apologize that you had experienced shortcomings at YEW. This is certainly not what we had envisioned as the experience for any of our dining guests. I will share your feedback with our entire team so we can have a focus discussion on making the improvements to our quality of service as this is something that we regard of the upmost importance.

I am glad that your meal, regardless of the poor service, was enjoyable. We do offer a wonderful selection of appetizers, main courses, desserts, and unique beverages to satisfy any taste bud!

Maggiemcd6, my apologies for your inconveniences at YEW. I truly hope this negative experience does not leave you with a poor impression of our property, as we truly would love to have you back again to make it a wonderful meal to remember.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not up to the standard of the chain that I came to enjoy in other places, but maybe our tour operator did not pay enough.
Staff is very kind, friendly and efficient, but the room was not carefully groomed and breakfast was outright poor.
Upon our arrival, we had a fast group check in, very well prepared. However, our room did not offer slippers, neither a blanket to step on in front of the bed neither a shower cap. Maximum three stars quality from my point of view, alhough I do say that the l'Occitane products are great.
When we came down for breakfast, not only contrary to hotel directions did it start half an hour later than indicated, but also options on the buffet were extremely poor.
Hotel is nicely located to explore downtown Vancouver and door staff is very helpful with directions.
Neveretheless, given the poor room and breakfast experinece, we would neither recommend nor stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2worldtravelers13

Dear 2worldtravelers13,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. We appreciate your feedback, and take all of our comments from our guests seriously.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you were faced with during your stay with us. We always strive for excellence and ultimately go above and beyond to make their stays as memorable as possible.

In terms of amenities such as a bed mat, shower cap, and slippers, they can be brought from housekeeping at any time during our guests stay. We try not to make our rooms too cluttered, so guests have enough space to leisurely enjoy their private rooms. We do have housekeeping as well, which comes twice daily in the rooms, if you found your hotel room needed to be refreshed at all.

I am sorry that you found our breakfast and meals offered at YEW seafood + bar to be unacceptable. We appreciate your observations and now have revisit our Summer Breakfast Buffet to provide even more options. We find our staff to be very knowledgeable on the hours of operation, but I do apologize if the information transferred was incorrect.

2worldtravelers13, we do thank you for your honesty in regards to your stay with us and hope that one day you will give us another opportunity while staying in Vancouver.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a great stay and the hotel was a big part of it. You can walk to much of the shopping and attractions, and there is easy access to public transportation to take you where ever you want to go. The hotel is connected to a good size mall/shopping area, There are plenty of good eateries around there also. The fitness center/pool is great. The concierge is outstanding; they can do anything you need to make your stay smooth and easy.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from your room. We had a terrible view but didn't care because we were on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Captbig,

Thank you for your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver; we appreciate your wonderful feedback and comments!

I am thrilled that you admired all aspects of our property, and that the amenities and the location itself were to the top level of excellence! I can certainly agree that our pool & Club Four fitness facility are of a world class value, offering the latest of equipment, the only indoor/outdoor pool in the city, and even some wonderful refreshments such as flavored waters and towels.

I also have acknowledged your compliments towards our Concierge team, which truly are a team that is helpful and incredibly efficient within all endeavors of organization for our guests. Without our incredible colleagues, our property would not be where it is today!

Captbig, it was a pleasure to read a review as kind as yours. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 days for an important business meeting, coming in from NYC. Like the spacious lobby which had enough seating and privacy that one can even hold an meeting in a discreet portion of the lobby.
Excellent service in the lobby restaurant, great location and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tamar219,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I am thrilled that our property went beyond your expectations and tailored its service to meet your professional needs of being a more than suitable space for your business endeavors. We make experiences not only unique for our guests, but always memorable, no matter the reason they are choosing to stay with Four Seasons.

I can certainly agree that YEW seafood + bar not only offers an excellent and delicious selection of food & beverage items, but also offers a welcoming and exquisite service!

Tamar219, we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is fabulous - it is centrally located with access to all sorts of vacation activities. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable - slept like a log after long days enjoying all of what Vancouver has to offer. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Access to coffee to go in the morning is very important to us as we love to sit in bed, drink our coffee and plan the days activities. I wondered into the restaurant the first morning and asked for coffee to go and the gentleman looked puzzled. He went got me 2 cups of coffee and when I went to pay he said "it's on the house" The next day I found out they had a little cafe that I could get my coffee at. It was truly a wonderful 4 days and we would definitely stay there again. If you plan to go to Vancouver, please give yourself a treat and stay here.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and we were given a quite room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, we truly appreciate your feedback and kind words!

I am so delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with our property, and that your comfort and well-being was well taken care of.

I can acknowledge that in terms of our service, we try to be as innovative as possible for our guests, such as offering coffee to go, and helping to plan daily excursions in order to enjoy Vancouver’s various activities. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority and we ensure to always excel within all aspects of service!

Barbara, it was a pleasure to read your review and I will be sure to share your note with them. We look forward to having you back again at your Vancouver home!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Four Seasons just got their 5-star Forbes rating which they are very proud of, an elite club with few other Canadian properties in the same category. From the moment I checked in with Pierce, to the moment I left Cezar the doorman behind, I was impressed with the Four Season's attention to detail and the level of comfort and attention they paid to their guests. I had a Premier City View room which was spacious and full of light. The desk was good for the work I needed to do, the internet was quite fast, and there was room for yoga -- the concierge kindly provided a mat since I had forgotten mine. Staff also emptied the minibar so I could put what I wanted to into the fridge, and brought me a teakettle and tea bags. The first day they also brought a lovely plate of whoopie pies as a welcome -- a very nice touch.

The bathroom was well lit and the amenities were excellent -- L'Occitane soaps and shampoos. These were replenished generously. The twice-daily housekeeping was simply a treat. And the bed -- very comfortable. I loved having the touch of putting a BC stone on the bed if you didn't need the sheets changed: a fun way to do it!

I felt welcome each of the eight days I stayed at the hotel. Staff were well-trained and discreet, and clearly proud of the property. My room was spotless (this doesn't always happen, regardless of the star rating) and convenient (located right above the Pacific Centre mall), and I was always surprised at how quick it was from the property to the take care of errands in the downtown core.

I got a call from Housekeeping mid-stay to ask about my experience. When I asked for a small adjustment to be made to the curtains which didn't quite close completely and kept the room from full darkness at night, there was no hesitation from the housekeeping manager and they fixed it right away. That was very good service indeed.

I usually stay at rival hotels when in Vancouver closer to the Convention Centre, but this time the price couldn't be beat at the Four Seasons and I gave it a try. I'm very glad I did.

Room Tip: Aim for a room higher up. Be mindful also that there can be parties poolside in the afternoon or ear...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RebeccaLawrence

Dear RebeccaLawrence,

I humbly thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. We truly appreciate your feedback and comments.

I am delighted that every aspect of your stay was perfection. Our ultimate goal is for our guests to receive unparalleled service beyond comprehension, and based on your review, it seems we are hitting it out of the ball park!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed some of the ‘unique’ accents of our property, such as the bed linen stone, L’Occitane products, and even our signature whoopie pies!

I am also pleased that our colleagues, most notably our housekeeping department, ensured your stay was comfortable and that all attention was paid to the detail of your stay. It is our duty to always be at the assistance of our guests, as no favor is too big or too unattainable.

RebeccaLawrence, it truly was a pleasure to read a review as humbling as yours. Your Vancouver home is eagerly awaiting your return!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Four Seasons has one of the best fitness facilities around - you feel like you're in a "real gym" complete with personal trainers and a very cool indoor/outdoor pool. Easy access to everything as it is right downtown and very close to the skytrain stations.

Service was top notch all around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lisa D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, we truly appreciate your comments and wonderful feedback!

I am truly pleased that your stay was ‘top notch’ and to of a level of excellence within the standards of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts! We are truly a company to serve our guests with efficiency and a top level of expertise.

I can also agree that the fitness facilities are indeed state of the art. We offer terrific gym equipment, a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, and wonderful refreshments.

Lisa, it was a pleasure to read a review as humbling as yours. We are eagerly waiting for your return!