“Great Views everywhere”

Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Parkland, Florida
“Great Views everywhere”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Got to Westin Bayshore for a week vacation in March. Upon checking in, was informed on a upgrade to a bay view apartment. Check-in was very quick and as result they forgot to provide some basic information about parking, breakfast, internet... so we kept asking all the questions that in theory they should just spell out. Our "upgraded" room was at the 6th floor and indeed with a very nice view... quite frankly 95% of their rooms will have bay view so while we appreciated the upgrade, we also realized that this would be default for most of travelers. Breakfast was interesting... we are Platinum and decided to go for the complimentary continental buffet... All was good, the interesting part was the billing part: For couple waiters, they just said no need to sign anything, for another one she made us sign a 50.00 breakfast in 2 distinct days (they were later waived without even asking - I believe her goal was to get a bigger tip), and then another server just gave us the bill with a 0 total (so you could add tip)... They probably can do much better in standardizing this :) Everything was at the Westin level, very friendly, polite workers and with a location that is definitely top if you are looking for Vancouver views and close by Stanley. Would definitely return to this hotel in the future

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank northgang
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear northgang,
Thank you for sharing your review with other Trip Advisor Readers. As a Platinum guest we truly value all of the loyalty that you have shown. Thank you for your feedback as it is much appreciated. We certainly want to provide instinctive experiences so that you don’t have to seek answers. Your feedback is helpful for us to continue to evolve and grow. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at the Westin Bayshore during a business trip during March 2014. If possible, request a room in the tower which provides panoramic views of Vancouver harbor.

My room was clean and good sized, service was friendly.

Room Tip: Tower rooms have great views of the harbor.
1 Thank mgtravles
Dear mgtravles,
It was a pleasure to have you with us for your business trip this month. I hope your travels will bring you back again!
Fresno, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions and this time I realized that after staying there all those times I do not have a single thing that I do not enjoy when I am there. Starting with the front desk the staff is always great, the service is always on time and fast. This trip I had a late night minor crisis with some printing that I needed right away and the business office area printers were down. All I had to do was mention it to the front desk and they had me taken care of in a matter of minutes with a smile! Check in and Check out are seamless, I have never made a request that this location did not happily take care of immediately. Rooms are clean and well taken care of, beds are great, multiple choices in pillows, extra towels in the rooms. Great location, sit in the restaurant and watch the boats come and go and the sea planes land if you have a few extra minutes! I think I will have to go back again and again, maybe some day I will find something bad to write. At this point I decided to write this just to acknowledge what I have taken for granted at this location before, Thanks to all the staff of the Westin Bayshore!

Dear Mark A,
Wow thank you for this kind review. You’ve certainly put a smile on my face today and I’m committed to ensuring that you continue to struggle to find anything negative to write about your time with us! Thank you for your continued loyalty and for sharing your wonderful review with other readers. We truly take great pride in providing intuitive and personalized experiences for our guests and it’s wonderful to read how that has impacted you! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our second stay at the Westin Bayshore after our first just over 18months ago. This time we booked a standard room in the main building compared to the Tower room we were assigned last time. The hotel is well looked after, modern, and the staff are extremely helpful and pleasant. This time we were assigned a room on the SPG preferred floor, which we were advised had a view over the harbour, however it was more of a view over the city itself. The room had obviously been well used over the years as some of the furniture was a little worn, although the Bed was extremely comfortable and inviting! We love the fact that the rooms have a stand alone shower, instead of one over a bath, and although the bathroom was a little small it was still clean and functional. It was also pleasant to be given 3 free bottles of mineral water everyday! The major downside is the lack of FREE wifi in the rooms which is disappointing compared to other chain offerings in Vancouver! They do offer free wifi in the lobby however it's a little painful having to go downstairs to avoid the hefty in room costs! All in all though, its still a great hotel, with a good location close to Stanley Park, but not far enough to require transportation into the city centre!

Room Tip: Go for a Tower room with a view over the Harbour. High floor if possible for optimum views!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nathhhh,
What a pleasure to welcome you back for your second visit! Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Vancouver; your loyalty is very meaningful to us! Thank you for sharing your experience with trip advisor readers. I hope we will see you for your third visit soon!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 10 years. The hotel has aged well over time and the ownership performs and excellent job updating this hotel. It is located in a fabulous spot and in walking distance to numerous Vancouver destinations.

I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel has to get rid of the in room internet charge. Yea, I know it's free in the lobby and there are times I need to get work done without the lobby distractions. Also, this hotel does charge extra (which was new to me) for rooms with a view. I thought that was petty since the view is a draw to this hotel. The room rates are creeping up at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are nice but they should not charge $20 extra for those rooms
1 Thank jooksing
Dear jooksing,
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel of the past decade. We truly appreciate continuing to be your hotel of choice in Vancouver. Thank you for the feedback that you have shared. We do certainly endeavor to remain a competitive hotel choice for our valued guests. We have always maintained a bit of a premium rate for our most desirable rooms and as you have likely noted our rooms with a view are highly desirable! Our website WestinBayshore.com offers our best rate offerings for rooms including harbour view rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon jooksing!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a wonderful stay in at the Westin Bayshore. Traveling from the States, this was my first trip to the Vancouver area and this Westin is in a prime location. Wonderful view of Coal Harbour and a short and very pleasant walk around the cove to get to Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. Equally easy walk up to the convention center and to the shopping district.

The staff was very helpful. Check-in and check-out went very smoothly. The concierge was very helpful in giving us directions and suggestions on sites to see and also helped us make a reservation for a very nice dinner at a seafood restaurant across the street.

The room was nice, but very average for a hotel room. Not a lot of space, but adequate for the two of us. As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I was "upgraded" to a harbor view room which just means that we were on the top floor. Really not much of an "upgrade". The view is really great as others have mentioned. Only drawback is the gulls and the planes can be a bit noisy early in the morning and the harbor view also means you get the morning sun. So, overall, average room with an excellent view and "Heavenly" beds makes for a 'Very Good' mark.

Overall, I would give this hotel good marks and would recommend it. Only caveat would be that, like most upscale hotels in major metropolitan markets, everything is expensive, especially food and drinks in the hotel's restaurant and bar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TAGTripAd
Dear TAGTripAd,
Thank you for choosing us for your first visit to the Vancouver area. We appreciate the feedback that you have shared with Trip Advisor readers. As your inaugural visit to Vancouver I’m pleased that you were able to appreciate our surroundings and the beauty of our city from one of our coveted harbourview rooms. I do hope that you’ll return to our city and to the Westin Bayshore again soon!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Great service. Great rooms. Speedy check in. No problems. Love this hotel and most Starwood properties. Wish there were more room options but it's my fault for booking so late. Also wish that the noise level was monitored a little more closely.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear CanucksFan154945,
We really value your continued loyalty and thank you for your kind review. I do apologize for any notable noise levels that you found during your recent visit. That should certainly be an anomaly but I appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to ensure a calm and relaxing escape for all of our guests!