“Good but Missing Something”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #22 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Los Angeles, California
“Good but Missing Something”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is well run and has a great view. The menu for room service is very healthy. However, the hotel vibe is very boring and sedate. The maids come at 8:30 am which was making me a little stressed. I think they are mainly cleaning rooms of people that have checked out but I am not sure. I decided to put the do not disturb sign up anyway just in case. I stay as a preferred member and the rooms have sliding glass windows that open up. Sound travels well here though and being on the 7th floor I could actually here the conversations downstairs-on the ground. I would probably try something different if i came back but this is definitely a fine place to stay and the showers and water pressure are perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Jason W,

Thank you for the review that you have shared of your recent experiences with us here at the Westin Bayshore hotel. We really value your loyalty and hope that you'll consider returning to us. We really appreciate the feedback that you have shared about the noise that you have encountered and would be happy to assist in a quieter option for your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
vancouver
Reviewed 4 July 2014

As the title suggests I came in with higher expectations for this hotel. Its a little run down with stained carpeting in the halls and the room.
The fact that our 300 dollar a night room had no hit water and we needed to have someone working on the plumbing for an hour put me off. Going to check out now and won't come back. I think there are better options at this price point.

• Stayed July 2014
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear mapleguy,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm truly disappointed to read that you would prefer to explore other options in the future. Certainly the water issue that you noted was a unique situation and I am truly sorry that it occurred during your stay and impacted your time with us. I am excited to share that we are finalizing plans for a refresh of our guest hallways. I hope you might reconsider your plan to look for alternate accommodations. Should you be willing to return please reach out to me directly at heather.guay@westin.com so that I may assist in making your experience ideal.
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We loved this hotel. The rooms, restaurant and staff were all wonderful. If you are a walker, this is a great location at Coal Harbor. Ten minutes along the scenic seawall and you can be in Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. Ten minutes in the other direction and you are at the Seaplane terminal and Canada Place. It was an easy walk from Chinatown, through Gas Town and back to the hotel. If you are not a walker, there are always cabs in front of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy-SC
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Nancy-SC,

I'm delighted to see how you were able to enjoy your inspired surroundings. Thank you for sharing your experience and do come back to us again!
Bury St Edmunds. Suffolk. England
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is not a great looking hotel from the outside ! But we had a harbour view room which was amazing ! Views to die for
It's location will not be beaten and all the staff we came into contact with were incredibly friendly and very helpful
The only minus for me was despite being on the 12th floor there was a really annoying noise from a massive fan which was below us ! I think from the kitchens ! It sounded like a ship docking most of the night

• Stayed June 2014
Dear YogaGirl10,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We hope you'll have a chance to visit us and other Westin properties in your future travels. Please accept my apologies for the noise that you noted.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were put into this hotel as part of a package with our cruise. We found this hotel to be perfect and close to where we wanted for our one night stay. the staff were friendly and welcoming. the room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was reasonable and plentiful. the reception area was open and spacious. there is a swimming pool which looked quite inviting. All in all a very welcoming place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ken j
Dear ken j,

What a delight to have you with us prior to your cruise. I hope your travels will bring you back to us again!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Beds are always great in Westins - heavenly in fact and we find the service exemplary. We love the breakfast, too. It is a comfortable place to relax. We have been here twice in the last 2 years and have always been impressed. Will definitely come again.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the harbour, if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VPOman
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for a romantic date with my husband, and could not have been more delighted with this hotel! The Heavenly beds are, in fact, truly HEAVENLY! As is the rainfall shower! I chose a room overlooking Stanley Park and the pretty Coal Harbour Marina, and in the morning I basked in the sunrise view, sitting in a cozy armchair, sipping a delicious cup of in-room tea, and browsing through a few brochures. Blissful! Beautiful! So perfectly indulgent!
My only disappointment was that I could not stay longer.

Room Tip: A room with a view over Stanley Park and the Coal Harbour Marina is especially lovely at sunrise. S...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marianne C,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your special getaway with your husband. We truly appreciate the inspired review that you provided to Trip Advisor readers! Come back and enjoy our Westin Heavenly Beds and Heavenly Showers anytime!