“Beautiful in the spring time.”

Queen Elizabeth Park
Ranked #9 of 349 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Situated on Little Mountain - the highest point in Vancouver proper - this former rock quarry has been converted into a beautiful city park with flower gardens, public art, grassy knolls, and panoramic views over the city.
Whakatane, New Zealand
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful in the spring time.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were lucky and went here on 1 of the fine days we had in 25 days.the gardens were beautiful.A lovey place to let the kids run wild and not worry about them.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Walking in the rain”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just my luck, couple days in Vancouver and it has been raining dogs and cats everyday. Don't want the rain to deter my vacation and there isn't much to do indoor in Vancouver, so I decide to try visiting a garden park in the rain. I have two choices, the QE park and the Van Dusen. There isn't a need for too much thinking, the QE park is free and there is a high admission charge for VanDusen. Not wanting to take a chance with my hard earned money, I drive to QE Park.

Coming from a place where we have over 200 days of sunshine every year and dry of course, really have no idea how to dress, so I put on my micro down inside my wind / rain coat, tighten it up with a scarf and a hat, bring an umbrella too. And just in case, I stock an extra pair of socks and shoes in my backpack.

Get there early in the morning and parking was just great. There are so many free parking to choose from that I don't even need to pay for the parking. I am surprised that there are actually quite a few people there, most of them are walking their dogs. A lot of tour groups are there too. Well, I guess 3 is a crowd.

The park puts on a different scenery in the rain. The cherry flowers and some crab apple flowers drop with the Vancouver liquid sun shine and scattered on the lawn, gives you that royalty feeling while walking on it.

There are quite a bit of blossoms, but they are more or less hidden under the grey sky. You have to make an effort to look for them.

The view of the harbor is, what can I say, misty and secret.

The little forest walk I have is just comfortable.

If you are a photographer, you will have a lot of opportunities taking those tear drop photos, which can be amazing.

I don't bother to go in to the botanical garden, as I am most satisfied with that outdoor raining experience I have.

It is all quiet, even the car noise is dampened by the rain. The park gives you a totally different experience than what you get from a bright sunny park. A lot of room for yourself to reflect, a lot of space for your freedom. It gives your life a more prosperous meaning.

It is not only different, it is an experience that you will treasure for the rest of your life. I am fully satisfied with my walk in the rain in QE park.

PS. the pair of dry socks and shoes were really useful at the end.

1 Thank Y C
Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice Park for a stroll”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Unfortunately the day we visited it was raining. The park is nice with lots of trees and flowers to look at. Im sure in another month, after more blooms it will be even prettier. We walked into the conservatory and looked around, but decided not to pay the admission. We had just come from the aquarium and they also have a section with birds and parrots.

You get a nice view of the city if it is not raining or cloudy. Best to go on a nice day. It is interesting to see how the city transformed the quarry into a park.

New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Gorgeous blossom”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Amazing views over the city and flowers (mid April) were stunning ! Fun color combinations and beautifully maintained. Also went to the Bloedel Greenhouse which I felt was a bit pricy for what it was and a bit run down - although it is being renovated. Book ahead to go to the Seasons restaurant & enjoy a stroll through the gardens.

Nanaimo, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having grown up in Vancouver I returned to the conservatory to see the trees have grown up as I have. It was truly beautiful. The garden was world class. The conservatory has interesting birds
creating a different flavor. Price was reasonable. Though the area is small we were fascinated enough to go around twice. If it was not for the tv news talking of the new roof being put on I would not have thought to venture here. Take the time and go! The only negative was the girl taking the entry who was not personable at all. More like she was just "putting her time in".

Visited March 2014