“Excellent service, beautiful - but small - room”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Washington, USA
“Excellent service, beautiful - but small - room”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The hotel is a very posh, boutiquey, city, elegant type hotel but the staff at the hotel was super friendly and welcoming. We had a suite reserved and they put us in a corner suite, very nice, and gave us free wifi - they were just super friendly and generous! Everything was beautiful in the room. The only reason I gave four stars not five was because the room was so tiny. There were four of us in a corner suite and it was crowded. Had a nice view of the busy city outside and were right in the thick of things. Once the bed in the living room was opened up, we really had to stash things away to have room just to walk from one room to another and to get to the desk etc. So it was an elegant, cozy hideout in the middle of the city. Made for a nice getaway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This is about the 3rd time we've spent Christmas in Vancouver and stayed in Hotel Le Soleil for our stay. It has lots of the plush amenities of a luxury hotel yet small and tucked away to one side of downtown so as to be a quiet getaway from downtown away from the crazies and the traffic. We like to call it our little boutique hotel getaway.

My wife has back issues so we are picky about our hotel and the beds. My wife needs the bed to be on the firmer side yet I love the soft pillow top. Love their soft linen. And the separate temperature control for the bedroom and the living room area. The rooms comes with everything you'd need, and more (for a price of course for the "more"). The "more" includes everything from snacks to wine to thoughtful little items like sewing kit in case you lose a button. Love the Aveda products for the bath. And the sliding doors so as to not have to waste room for the swing of a normal door (for both the bath and bedroom) We have a child so we love being able to put our baby to sleep in the bedroom while we watch TV on the sofa. Even the heating and cooling is super quiet (we have had issues in other hotels with noisy units which gave us restless nights) Everything is always so cozy and comfortable from the bath towels to the sofa for TV viewing. Decor is fabulous and everything feels luxurious.

It's a smallish boutique hotel so not too many rooms per floor. Which also means a very quiet hotel and guaranteed restful night sleep. Of all the times we've stayed here, we have never heard our neighbors. Not from above nor from the sides. And the elevators are always readily available. Service is top notch and I tip them accordingly. Super friendly and informative even though I know my way around Vancouver by now. Never had an issue with the valet or my car. Because it's smallish, I get super fast response. And I often call down for my car before heading down, so the valet would already have my car pulled around by the time I arrive.

I also love the location too since it's "downtown" but it's really on the northern edge, off to one side. Which means Robson is only a walk away, and we've walked to the Vancouver Christmas Market 2 years in a row now. Perfect for getting your buzz on for a good time yet won't need to drive back to the hotel. A Skytrain station is a block away so you could get to most parts of Greater Vancouver and beyond without even getting your car. There is a Starbucks across the street for our morning Mocha and a couple of drugstores 2-3 blocks away for any misc items you need. Plenty of restaurants around too. But I love that it's a block away from Pender St. I can drive in and out of downtown without having to deal with downtown traffic. And Pender is a direct drive to Stanley Park or Chinatown going the other way. And actually through Chinatown is the route we often took to get out of downtown in a jiffy since we have to have our dim sum for our daily brunch since Vancouver is famous for chinese food right?

The only thing negative is that it is a luxury hotel so it is pricey compared to other non-luxury hotel. But you get what you pay for. Le Soleil is cheaper than other luxury downtown hotels and well worth it too. That and I always wait for deal online then go with one of the hotel packages since I'm on their mailing list. Otherwise, I have nothing but positive things to say about Hotel Le Soleil and will probably see you again next Christmas!

Room Tip: As with any hotel, the higher up you go the better your view. I love the corner suites due to their...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I grew up in the Vancouver area but have been gone for a number of years. We decided to spend a little 'touristy' time in Vancouver to catch up with all of the changes there and my husband found this 'little' hotel. It was beautiful from the moment we walked in. They upgraded us to a corner suite which was elegant, cozy, quiet and perfect! The staff was very helpful and polite and the suite was fantastic and fit the bill perfectly. While it was a bit small, it was great for two of us and very romantic. The bed was so comfortable! My husband and I don't sleep well and are very picky with our beds but we hadn't slept that good in a long time. We didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. Great location too. We walked to many things so once you park the car you can leave it for the most part. I highly recommend this little boutique hotel if you want a little romantic getaway.

Room Tip: The higher up you go the less you will hear street noise. A corner room has lots of windows which i...
1 Thank tsawwassengirl
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at this hotel in July. It was in a great location for walking around the lower half of downtown Vancouver. The room was typically European - small but adequate and nicely laid out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a small restaurant and bar attached to the hotel and we tried it one evening. The food was very good with reasonable, for the area, prices. Again, the big draw was the location.

My only minor complaint was the poor quality of the wifi service. Not exactly a must for all travelers.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I had no idea what to expect in this hotel before we arrived...Wow! What a great experience..From the doorman waiting for us, helping with our luggage to the front desk people who could advise us on where to go for great food and shopping..Whenever i asked for something they bent over backwards to satisfy all our needs...It's so incredibly quiet, even for being downtown....This is the palce to stay while in Vancouver.....

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is a top choice high-end hotel in downtown Vancouver. Most rooms are suites, though there are a few traditional style hotel rooms. We loved everything about it except for the noisy HVAC unit. After we went to bed, every so often when the heater kicked-in, the noise from the HVAC activating woke us. Oh well; we’ll stay here again in a heartbeat.

For a long (hour or so) culturally colourful walk head up Hornby to Robson, turn right and cruise by the eclectic mix of high rent stores, stroll on down to Denman. Hang a left up Denman past the richly flowered corner stores and ice cream shops. When you reach Davie St, turn left and walk past the numerous apartments, shops, coffee houses, resturants and bars to Hornby. You’ll be back at L’Soliel in short notice.

2 Thank Maestro
vancouver canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We went with our friends for a night in Vancouver and a day shopping. Centrally located for shopping restaurants and night life. Were pleasantly pleased, enjoying the Valet Parking. Excellent staff very friendly. Rooms were spacious with sitting area off the bedroom, two TV's one in the sitting room, one in the bedroom. Bedroom had a pocket door for privacy. Comfortable bed with wonderful bedding. Had breakfast in the Copper Chimney Restaurant accessable throught the lobby. Enjoyed sitting in front of the lobby fireplace after walking around town. Strongly recommend Le Soleil

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends