“My 2nd Time Here...Definitely My Last”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel and it was disasterous compared to my first time! I came back because of all the right things this hotel did the first time...they definitely did not deliver this time. This trip was meant to be an early Mother's Day get away, without the kids. The valet guy was non attentative ( I think he was annoyed I interupted his crossword puzzle he was doing), the front desk staff at check in were nice though. At first glance the room looked very elegantly appointed. The housekeeping staff missed a few things though, like the hairs all over the bathroom floor and the empty condom wrapper beside the bed. After I reported to the front desk, I asked to be moved to another room. They assured me that they would have housekeeping up to clean the room...they never showed up. I finally got another room. What I did not get was an apology for the state of the room or for housekeeping not showing up! Not very professional this time around, especially for the price I paid for the room.
It's time for me to find a new hotel in downtown Vancouver, I will not be going back to this one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rainy_Vanc0uver
HotelLeSoleil, General Manager at Executive Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Rainy_Vanc0uver,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Le Soleil. I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the lack of service you recieved. I have tried to investigate further with our team but it is rather difficult as I don't have specific information on when you stayed and what your registered guest name is. We pride ourselves in providing excellent guest service and personalized interaction with all of our guests. Please send me an email with your contact information so that I may take the necessary steps to look into this matter. I can be reached at generalmanager@hotellesoleil.com
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,665)

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We needed an early checkin as we were flying in from Australia. When I made the booking, I requested if we could have the early checkin and a room away from any noise and they accommodated and not only that gave us a free upgrade to a suite. Customer service is very important to me and they were amazing from front desk to the conceirge (who was an aussie - thanks Brett).
Would highly recommend this hotel, location was brilliant walking distance to eveything. We also had breakfast at this cute cafe called Scoozie, best breakfast and service was great - owner is a typical italian named Michael.

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Masons_10
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed during Vancouver Marathon. Location was great, staff was excellent, rooms were very comfortable. We had larger corner rooms - bedroom & setting room w/ sofa bed. We had 4 people in one room and 2 in the other. Everyone was happy. Staff very helpful & welcoming.When we checked into our room we found gatorade, cliff bars and a note wishing us good luck in the run. We will stay there again!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are great- lots of space
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally R
HotelLeSoleil, General Manager at Executive Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Sally,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your hotel experience during the BMO Marathon. Our corner one bedroom suites are a little larger and ideal for friends and family that wish to share.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again next year!

Keep running.....

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed here for the Vancouver marathon. Location is perfect, a short walk to everything. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and of good size

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank RickStone70
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Very nice little hotel with excellent staff. Booked here because of an excellent package rate and location . The decor is a little more old school than trendy but very pleasant . Had a larger corner room which was very well laid out with the common area out front and bedroom in back. The bedroom faced out into another building and therefore the view was poor but as a result it was exceptionally quiet and heard none of the usual hotel noise at all. I would happily give up a view for a good nights sleep! Location is excellent, just up the block from convention centre and only a few blocks to major shopping districts and waterfront. If you like a more traditional quiet boutique hotel this would be a good choice. Loved the noodle restaurant across the street.

Room Tip: corner suites are larger
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank colwood12
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have had great problems in hotels with fans, hall noise, outside noise, light entry, and hard beds. I have slept beautifully at le Soleil every time. The staff are exceptional, the hotel is very charming, and my overall experience was far better than usual, and I stay at some very expensive and highly rated hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors definitely are best for quiet - I was on 12
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NeilMcKinney
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Every so often, we love to mosey up to Canada (we're in the Pacific Northwest) to see our genteel neighbors to the north.

We stayed at the Hotel Le Soleil in Vancouver, B.C. over Thanksgiving in November. The room was nicely appointed with quality furnishings, and clean, but the layout made it seem awfully small--in other words, it did not have that "open and airy" feel. The living room area was separate from the bedroom, which actually can be beneficial, but the tiny rooms made me feel a bit claustrophobic.

Of note, the "views" from the bedroom (we were in a corner room at the back of the hotel) were 1) tall buildings with a restaurant garbage collection area (with the blue bins) below and occasional sights of restaurant workers leaning against them for a smoke, and 2) a tall building with a gym where we could see people working out if we wanted to (we didn't). To be fair, the windows were nicely shaded and draped, and these "scenes" were not immediately apparent unless you pushed the blinds/drapes open. (We stayed at this hotel using a Groupon--which may or may not be a factor.)

Another feature of this hotel is its wonderful on-site restaurant (The Copper Chimney). My mouth waters thinking of the fantastic meals we had there. The Pistachio Salmon I had was to die for. The restaurant's waitstaff is absolutely top notch. We had 3 meals there, and each one was perfection.

This hotel allowed our dog (we paid a fee), and the hotel employees were extremely polite and accommodating. If I'm remembering correctly, I think the dog bed we were promished was actually a folded-up blanket--not that it made a huge difference, but just thought I'd note it here. Really, this is practical--can't imagine them having to shampoo and clean an actual dog bed--a blanket can be tossed in the wash.

We would stay at this hotel again (with a Groupon), but wouldn't want to pay full price for such a small room with no views.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a corner room at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple