“Perfect location, comfortable room, and friendly helpful staff”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The best thing about Hotel Le Soleil is the location -- a couple blocks from Robson, a couple blocks from Canada Place, around the corner from the Art Museum and the Episcopal Cathedral, and walking distance to Stanley Park and the Aquabus to Granville Island. If you want to go the any other part of Vancouver, the underground and the sky train are also within walking distance.

I also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. When I checked in, I thought I had reserved a suite but found I was booked for a regular room. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk, she quickly said that she would be happy to upgrade me to an available suite. My husband and I ended up staying in the regular room because we liked its location better, but the gesture was very nice! The valet parking staff/bell hops were also very helpful -- quickly present to take our car to the garage and unload our luggage.

We loved the restaurant called Miku which is just down the street near Canada Place- easy walking!!

My only complaint is the noisiness of the ventilation system. It especially makes a loud noise each time it turns on. Upgrading this system would really improve the experience of the hotel. On the second night of our stay, we turned the system off and opened our windows. Traffic was a little loud, but better than the ventilation system.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the busy street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srjohanson

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was a family get away with six adults in four rooms. The rooms were beautiful and well appointed, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Street noise was pretty bad on Saturday night for those of us with rooms facing the street. This might not have been a problem had the rooms not been overly warm so that we had to have the windows open to sleep. We probably should have contacted a staff member to adjust the temperature. We tried to turn the thermostat down, but were unable to do so. The location was perfect, and we felt very comfortable with the security. The price was very good. We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for a group trip in early February and everybody (all 12 people) thought this was a great hotel.

The best thing about the Hotel Le Soleil is the service. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful every time we interacted with them.

The location is easily accessible via public transit and within walking distance of pretty much everywhere we wanted to go.

The room was great especially for it's price.

When we return to Vancouver we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book well in advance and get a king size suite with full length windows...great views of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HLS567, General Manager at Executive Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear TJL,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Le Soleil for your group getaway - I appreciate your comments on your guest experience.

We do pride ourselves in providing attentive and thoughtful service to all our guests, so was very happy that you felt welcomed.

Our corner suites are very popular which feature the two floor to ceiling windows, the higher the floor the better view ; best advice is to request a higher floor when making reservation.

We hope you and your other travelling friends visit us again soon.

Barbara Hicks

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was traveling on business and Hotel Le Soleil was my respite after talking to hundreds of people at a trade show. It was so quiet and the bed was great. The old world decor was such a change from the usual hotel room. It was pristine clean. Hopefully I will return to Vancouver and when I do, I will stay at the Hotel Le Soleil!

Room Tip: I stayed in a King Suite. It was nice to have a sitting room and bedroom. The spacious bathroom wa...
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Make this hotel one of your destinations whether on business or pleasure. The staff at the Hotel Le Soleil understand service and how it is the little details that matter. I will certainly be back, thanks!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We can't say enough about this hotel.. staff were awesome and the rates were amazing .. we had so many choices of places to eat and to party…. we will be back soon
a little disappointed in the charge for the pool

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the second stay I've had a Le Soleil. I enjoyed both stays. While the hotel is older, the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I enjoyed a quiet night in a comfy bed/pillows. The restaurant is reasonably priced for downtown Vancouver and the food has always been good. I will stay there again.