“ACDC Concert”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 December 2008

This is a very nice hotel. Staff are probably the most friendly I have experienced and more than willing to help. Close to good eats and shopping. The rooms were totally equipped if you forgot something. Our room had a living room and a bedroom kinda nice for a change. And they will even deliver ice to cool the beer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeacePipe

Reviewed 4 November 2008

Our last 2 nights in Canada we stayed at Le Soleil chosen because of Tripadvisor reviews and situation in the city. We had a beautiful suite on the street side of the hotel on the 4th floor. Never heard any sound from other rooms, lift or people - it was very quiet.
Six of us had dinner in the Copper Chimney - menu not huge choice, but what we had was excellent and the service was good too. Sitting around the log fire in the lounge after dinner we felt like we were at home.
Reception staff were courteous, efficient and friendly.
We will stay here again when next in Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZandaSpain
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Our stay at the Soleil was lovely. Check on was warm, quick and we had a good room overlooking the big cross roads on Burrard.

Rooms that have this view (and not of buildings/alley ways) are 9, 10 and 11.

The room had a lounge area, minibar area off the bathroom and bedroom. I really liked this layout and the décor made me feel like I was in the Ritz in Paris.

Bed was comfy with plenty of pillows, duvet and good quality sheets. Bathroom with huge shower and Aveda goodies (replenished every day) was superb.

Tried the room service blueberry pancakes which were huge, delicious and arrived promptly and warm.

Staff were helpful and friendly throughout the stay.

I can see why this might not be to everyone's taste. I thought the décor was well maintained, but the layout is of a european style so rooms are smaller than most us traveller may expect.

I loved it got a great rate if around £60 via hotels.co.uk. Can recommend Sciue round the corner for breakfast and lunch, the Keg on the corner was actually pretty good even though I was a bit snobby about it!

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank Desparately_seeking
Reviewed 10 October 2008

we stayed there in oct 2007 ,and have to say was really quite good,the staff greeted us very well,we had a complimentary paper every morning,the room was fine,although yes the air con was a bit noisy,but nothing major,and yes we were taken aback by the price list for the mini bar, but we didnt need to use , the hotel is really well located for plenty of restraunts and breakfast bars, and for sightseening vancouver in general.
It rained nearly every day of our week long stay there, and the staff couldnt be more helpfull in providing us with umbrellas,one of the reception guys was an aussie,so being brits we instantly hit it off with him, they even offered to arrange tickets for the canucks ice hockey game for us.
vancouver is amazing you have to go see , especially grouse mountain on a clear day, unreal,was amazed at the amount of brit accents out there, everyone was really friendly , and can really recommend the KEG, which is a bar just round the corner from hotel, great staff, beer and food.
would definately recommend the hotel , especially for location, and vancouver in general, cant wait to go back one day..

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank feduplivinginuk
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I had reserved a standard guest room for for one night. We were attending the Neil Diamond concert at GM place and our anniversary fell during the next week, I thought it would be a great way to celebrate.

For a 4 star accomodation there was no "Welcome to Le Soliel" doorman upon our arrival. Both my husband and I let ourselves out of our vehicle.

The reservation was in place when we arrived. Upon arrival in our room, the first thing noticed was how warm and humid the room was. The next thing seen is the tray of goodies, coffee pot & a List of charges if your use any beverage/snack. There was no welcoming token on the pillow. There was a card listing
the breakfast so we could order if we wanted at yet another cost.

The air conditioning unit was quite loud when it was in use.

We were also placed in a room directly across from the elevator and unfortunately the patrons coming and going were not very quiet about it.

I was really looking for to having a long soak in a Jaucuzzi tub, so was quite disappointed when I found it was only a soaker tub. My husband enquired about the "jacuzzi tub", and was advised your establishment did not have jacuzzi tubs.

I will admit I was looking at other hotel establishments to stay at for the night so I must have confused them.

To top it off there was a problem with the debit/credit system. As the reservation was in my name, it had to be my card and my husband and I have separate names, so my husband paid cash for the room, rather than having me come down to the front desk with a different card.

We did not receive our complimentary newspaper on Sunday morning.

The staff that we encountered were polite yet standoffish.

We would like to say that although we had a wonderful time at the concert, we found that the room was just comfortable and adequate. If i wanted comfortable and adequate, we could have stayed at home or at a "Cheap" hotel.

Nothing in particular stands out in my mind and I would have to rate the service as not quite passable. I could not honestly recommend to my friends to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TigBc
Reviewed 28 September 2008

Stayed here in Sep 08 and found it was a good hotel. On check in they confirmed if we wanted a double or twin beds and on asking for a double weere upgraded to a corner suite - hard to complain! Hotel was well located and had everything we needed. Staff were okay - but really had little to do with them. Had breakfast at a cafe a five minute walk away across from the museum where there were about 3 cafes to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrTreLondon
Reviewed 6 September 2008

I have read some reviews praising this hotel staff and I have been astonished. Maybe there has been some kind of rotation, because the staff I encountered during my staying there was completely rude, unhelpful and inattentive to the guests’ requests. The point is that there were some misunderstandings concerning my credit card and on-line booking, and the front office desk, far from helping and solving the problems, reacted in an surprisingly rude and bad-mannered way. I don’t know the reasons for it, maybe they were inexperienced trainees , but the top was when they refused to give me a complaints form or allowed me to talk to the manager. In the end I was able to place the complaint, but I haven’t heard from this hotel ever since. I have travelled widely around the world and I have never seen a hotel so disrespectful regarding guests’ attention and handling of complaints. So my advice is avoiding for sure this hotel if you value guests’ treatment and attention.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends